Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the friday forum thread feels like going to a normie party and putting wrestling on the tv hoping people will get interested in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
I did not realize Karmicknight made a wrestling GDT in that forum, that explains your questions. Please do not cry, thank you. The thread has been returned.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the friday forum thread feels like going to a normie party and putting wrestling on the tv hoping people will get interested in it
We've all been there and nobody cared

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It might have just been CM Punk's debut, but it seemed like we got more casuals posting in the Friday Forum?

Just throwing that out there. I don't care either way as long as I can :justpost:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The difference is the thread is still comprised mostly of us, so it's not one dude awkwardly hoping the normies will enjoy their wrestling show

I don't care what we do with the threads going forward, but having the Rampage thread start in the Friday forum was a good bit. If people don't care for it, then I'm wrong. Oh well.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
going somewhere other than the dedicated wrestling subforum to post about wrestling is a dumb idea specially when multiple posters even last week were confused about the location of the thread and talking about unable to easily access the subforum the thread was put in

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
*wandering around PSP like hulk hogan* where is it? theres no aewmanics here?!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I'm fine with the Friday thread, it's fun to see new folks dipping their toes. But I would like it if the thread didn't get closed the minute the Friday forum shuts down so folks can keep riding the vibe before shifting to the discussion thread.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MotU posted:

:hmmyes:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Can we rename the forum Punksport Pagoda please? tia.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Renaissance Spam posted:

I'm fine with the Friday thread, it's fun to see new folks dipping their toes. But I would like it if the thread didn't get closed the minute the Friday forum shuts down so folks can keep riding the vibe before shifting to the discussion thread.

I think that's fair.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'll be honest, I did forget this week I can't just reel the thread back into PSP at will.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If it's a mess to move to and from then the gimmick can be dropped. It's just a fun thing to do if it can be done easily. Instead of a thread that travels the whole board, it's just something that starts in Friday and ends in PSP.

But yeah anything beyond minimum work kinda takes the wind out of its sails.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MotU posted:

*sticks my hand in the WWF thread* ah! there's no heat!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So long as someone remembers to toss a link to the GDT in the main AEW thread well in advance I have no problems with the Friday Forum. It's when that doesn't happen that there might be a problem.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alaois posted:

*sticks my hand in the WWF thread* ah! there's no heat!

lmao

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

I still want the mods to change the forum name to Punksport Pagoda in honor of his return.

You know you want to.

Do it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
CM Punk did UFC and calls MMA still, it works!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

I still want the mods to change the forum name to Punksport Pagoda in honor of his return.

You know you want to.

Do it.

Do it coward kk

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Subtitle idea

"Look in my eyes. What do you see? Combat sports and wrestling."

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

You know you want to.

Do it.

Finally something everyone can agree on.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Friday forum was in the app. People are so weirdly unchill, just post.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Gumball Gumption posted:

The Friday forum was in the app. People are so weirdly unchill, just post.

Yeah but depending on when you opened the app you had to do a manual refresh (there's a button somewhere) for the forum to show up, I think that's the case with any new forum that opens up but usually it doesn't have to keep grabbing it every week.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Whether it showed up or not was kinda irrelevant to me because I didn't know the subforum existed or that the thread was there

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's a dumb thing and having to direct people to it each week makes it even more pointless so I'm not surprised you didn't know

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Posting the GDT thread in a forum that is I inaccessible to app users sure was an interesting move.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

it's on the app for me every week, might need to clear the cache or something

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
The (Android, dunno about ios) app pulls down the forums index once every few days on it's own and also when you manually tell it to, so depending on when it last did it for you and maybe poo poo like whether or not you restarted your phone, it will or won't show up on it's own in time for the narrow posting window.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i never use the app. my eyes are fine.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I am furious, about the Friday forum

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just use the NXT thread to talk about Rampage. It needs the views.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I am furious, about the Friday forum

tihs guy's wife won't let him read the friday forum.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Currently posting in the Friday forum

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What the gently caress is a Friday forum

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Endless Mike posted:

It's a new forum that's only open and available to post in on Fridays.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Endless Mike posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=682

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Colton Gunn

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Suggesting "Pumpkin Pagoda" for seasonal forum name

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How has this forum never been called, even briefly, Punchsport Pagano?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Royal Updog posted:

Suggesting "Pumpkin Pagoda" for seasonal forum name

Or maybe "Bloodsport Pagoda"
Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if I only thought of this because it was already used in the past.

Could also be straight-up Halloween Havok