Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cars are really bad. they make people fat and also decide to make cities with everything so far away that it's impossible to get anywhere with any other form of transportation like feet or ballsack wheels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

CODChimera posted:

Day crew still in bed? Lazy fucks

I’m hungover and maybe also just enjoying my turn on the RonaRide so yeah I’m not doing a lot of moving today

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
FOOTBAWWWWWWWWWWW

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/TXTCLjl.mp4

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no i said ballsack WHEELS

what'd you think i said

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

time to shave again, Alec

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dream of a trump thread where we don't have to constantly remind alec to keep up on basic hygiene

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

time to shave again, Alec

that will be like the 5th or 6th time this year, wtf, that’s crazy

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alec Eiffel posted:

that will be like the 5th or 6th time this year, wtf, that’s crazy

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
tbh I only shave my neck once per week since wfh

I shave my balls every three days to keep them smooth as marbles

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
someone was shot at the pool today where I walk my dog

https://mobile.twitter.com/DallasTexasTV/status/1444694950814392321

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I guess we won’t be going there for a walk today! :woof:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

PyPy posted:

I guess we won’t be going there for a walk today! :woof:

Statistically it seems safer than ever

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you walk by when the police take statements, you can get them to shoot your Facebook dog for free

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

PyPy posted:

do you ever go to Zoli's? That's my kids' favorite pizza place by far and they don't fully understand that driving there all the way from UTD is sort-of inconvenient.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

angerbeet posted:

Statistically it seems safer than ever

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the cops walking around with their guns drawn. Treat yourself and the pupper.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Alec Eiffel posted:

If you walk by when the police take statements, you can get them to shoot your Facebook dog for free

sir,

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

emfive posted:

do you ever go to Zoli's? That's my kids' favorite pizza place by far and they don't fully understand that driving there all the way from UTD is sort-of inconvenient.

I do and it’s good. also a big fan of cane rosso

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

PyPy posted:

I do and it’s good. also a big fan of cane rosso

I'm semi-convinced Zoli's puts drugs in the pizza because even though I've sworn to myself I'm going to try the other stuff on the menu my willpower evaporates when the time comes.

I haven't been to Cane Rosso yet but I've heard it's really good.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A bunch of Texas boys talking San Antonio-style ‘za

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Alec Eiffel posted:

A bunch of Texas boys talking San Antonio-style ‘za

it is not that, but you're right we should stop. It'd be awful if people talked a lot about food they get from Sheetz or Wa Wa or Zombie Jack's all the time.

e: also I don't think there even is San Antonio-style pizza; nothing really escapes from the reality distortion field of San Antonio.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

PyPy posted:

I'll start the QCS thread

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

emfive posted:

it is not that, but you're right we should stop. It'd be awful if people talked a lot about food they get from Sheetz or Wa Wa or Zombie Jack's all the time.

:laugh:

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

e: also I don't think there even is San Antonio-style pizza; nothing really escapes from the reality distortion field of San Antonio.

I was just making a comment, not a criticism. It’s Sunday morning. Talk pizza, talk Texas, talk dolls.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

CODChimera posted:

Everything should be communicated in tweets

by dial up bbs software

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

PyPy posted:

FOOTBAWWWWWWWWWWW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoiyIrOW6zg

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Looks like another set of Panama style papers was released. I cannot wait for nothing to happen from this too other than a journalist being blown up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/interactive/2021/pandora-papers-offshore-finance/?no_nav=true

quote:

A massive trove of private financial records shared with The Washington Post exposes vast reaches of the secretive offshore system used to hide billions of dollars from tax authorities, creditors, criminal investigators and — in 14 cases involving current country leaders — citizens around the world.
The revelations include more than $100 million spent by King Abdullah II of Jordan on luxury homes in Malibu, Calif., and other locations; millions of dollars in property and cash secretly owned by the leaders of the Czech Republic, Kenya, Ecuador and other countries; and a waterfront home in Monaco acquired by a Russian woman who gained considerable wealth after she reportedly had a child with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Other disclosures hit closer to home for U.S. officials and other Western leaders who frequently condemn smaller countries whose permissive banking systems have been exploited for decades by looters of assets and launderers of dirty money.

The files provide substantial new evidence, for example, that South Dakota now rivals notoriously opaque jurisdictions in Europe and the Caribbean in financial secrecy. Tens of millions of dollars from outside the United States are now sheltered by trust companies in Sioux Falls, some of it tied to people and companies accused of human rights abuses and other wrongdoing.
The details are contained in more than 11.9 million financial records that were obtained by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and examined by The Post and other partner news organizations. The files include private emails, secret spreadsheets, clandestine contracts and other records that unlock otherwise impenetrable financial schemes and identify the individuals behind them.

A trove of secret files details the financial universe where global elite shield riches from taxes, probes and accountability. (Sarah Hashemi, Luis Velarde/The Washington Post)
The trove, dubbed the Pandora Papers, exceeds the dimensions of the leak that was at the center of the Panama Papers investigation five years ago. That data was drawn from a single law firm, but the new material encompasses records from 14 separate financial-services entities operating in countries and territories including Switzerland, Singapore, Cyprus, Belize and the British Virgin Islands.
The files detail more than 29,000 offshore accounts, more than double the number identified in the Panama Papers. Among the account owners are more than 130 people listed as billionaires by Forbes magazine and more than 330 public officials in more than 90 countries and territories, twice the number found in the Panama documents.
Key questions to better understand the offshore system

What is the offshore system?
The offshore financial system offers privacy, which provides an opportunity to hide assets from authorities, creditors and other claimants, as well as from public scrutiny.
Why is it called “offshore” finance?
This system is known as offshore finance because the countries that popularized this method of sheltering wealth were often in island or coastal locations, but today “offshore” signifies anywhere that is not a customer’s country of residence.
Is this legal?
Offshore providers are typically established according to the laws of the country where they are located. But some clients have used offshore services in ways that are not legal.

End of carousel
As a result, the Pandora Papers allow for the most comprehensive accounting to date of a parallel financial universe whose corrosive effects can span generations — draining significant sums from government treasuries, worsening wealth disparities, and shielding the riches of those who cheat and steal while impeding authorities and victims in their efforts to find or recover hidden assets.
“The offshore financial system is a problem that should concern every law-abiding person around the world,” said Sherine Ebadi, a former FBI officer who served as lead agent on dozens of financial-crimes cases.
Ebadi pointed to the role that offshore accounts and asset-shielding trusts play in drug trafficking, ransomware attacks, arms trading and other crimes. "These systems don't just allow tax cheats to avoid paying their fair share. They undermine the fabric of a good society,” said Ebadi, now an associate managing director at Kroll, a corporate investigations and consulting firm….

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ArmZ posted:

by dial up bbs software

posting box at the park

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What kind of sick poo poo do I search to get these Facebook ads

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Alec Eiffel posted:

I was just making a comment, not a criticism. It’s Sunday morning. Talk pizza, talk Texas, talk dolls.

I'm pretty sure all the good pizza places in Texas are run by NY expats. The mediocre and bad ones kind-of aren't worth discussing.

Well NY expats, or else Greek/Middle-Eastern people. There was a small chain called "Brothers" in Dallas a very long time ago that had very very good thin greasy pizza, run by Syrians I think.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ubi delivered through crypto and gaming

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Alec Eiffel posted:

What kind of sick poo poo do I search to get these Facebook ads

this is rape

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

nice paninis

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

those are sandwiches :colbert:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

literally would marry

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

literally would marry

Flattered but spoken for.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

probably undercooked mush inside. Pass.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

good morning
nazi morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Flattered but spoken for.

if you like making stuff like that google Scaccia Ragusana, it's kind-of the same idea but different, the dough is rolled out (there are many variations) and then folded up in layers, with more sauce and cheese on top of each fold.

Sicilian stuff, Ragusa is I think the southern tip of the island, more or less