Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Game-Blouses posted:

In a vacuum, Watson certainly would immediately put them in wild card contention.

Nah, not even close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Game-Blouses posted:

In a vacuum, Watson certainly would immediately put them in wild card contention.

I don’t think this year’s Eagles team has significantly more talent than last year’s Texans team so I’m not buying wild card at all. would it put them in contention for the division, though? absolutely.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe if we were game 1 but the eagles are already catastrophicly injured and it’s going to get worse

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Maybe if we were game 1 but the eagles are already catastrophicly injured and it’s going to get worse

its this

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

euphronius posted:

the eagles are already catastrophicly injured

Tale as old as time. Is this the 3rd... 4th? season in a row where we've just stacked injuries upon injuries from the word go.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
In a vacuum is nebulous I suppose. Watson is one of the best players in the league at the most important position. Hurts has been very, very bad the two weeks.

That statement doesn’t necessarily account for Sirianni and Gannon repeatedly getting taken out to the woodshed for the foreseeable future.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

In a vacuum, Deshaun Watson would certainly die from oxygen deprivation.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Shady is signing essentially a one day contract with the Eagles and will retire Sunday

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

blarzgh posted:

I've been right that it was bullshit twice already; nobody advertises that they're trying to acquire a player (thereby driving up the cost), and Howie, for all his faults, is not dumb enough to trade away all their incoming draft capital to acquire a QB who may very likely never play another down of football.

It's a perfectly worded leak by the texans or Deshauns agent, because Philly's front office can't come out and confirm or deny their inner communications, and it gets eagles fans clamoring right after a tough loss, putting pressure on the admin.

Maybe I look like an rear end in a top hat in 3 days, but I'm planting the flag, and trying to go 3-0.

I disagree that Watson may not play another down. I posted this in his thread, but I don't think he's going to be suspended by the NFL at all until actual criminal charges are filed. He's not playing for Houston right now because he's refusing to play. If he was gonna be suspended for his repeat sexual assault, he would have been. Until there's criminal charges, everyone in the NFL is acting like there's nothing there. The Texans aren't having him soak up a roster spot because of his legal issues. They're doing it because no one has paid the asking price yet.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

Shady is signing essentially a one day contract with the Eagles and will retire Sunday

very cool

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Shady was so unbelievably good and he did it through constant injuries and Chip Kelly saying I dunno lets audible to a run here

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I miss him. I’m glad he got two pity rings, but I feel like if he’d stayed in Philadelphia he could have gone to the HOF

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

White guys from Harrisburg hate HATE McCoy so he must be a good guy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

remember when his friends kicked the poo poo out of two cops. King

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shady McCoy, riding off into the sunset sideways at 400 miles per hour.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eat poo poo Pitt but McCoy begrudgingly is fine ONLY because he was one of the best backs in my eagy history.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Snow bowl was an all timer

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

Eat poo poo Pitt but McCoy begrudgingly is fine ONLY because he was one of the best backs in my eagy history.

One of the best backs ever but people want to crown shitters like Jim Brown or Walter Payton instead of a dude who put up 1600 yards in the modern NFL against 7 in the box

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Game-Blouses posted:

Snow bowl was an all timer

First half is a shitshow, then in the second half its like Reid realized that he had Lesean loving McCoy who proceeded to put up about 200 yds

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I dunno, oj was loving legit in the nfl. poo poo team, 14 games, still loving obliterated everything.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

I dunno, oj was loving legit in the nfl. poo poo team, 14 games, still loving obliterated everything.

OJ's running game was absolutely nuts for the era. He wasn't even on the best rushing team between Miami and Pittsburgh.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

indigi posted:

imo Parsons looks legit good (through three games) while the last few hyped Cowboys LBs looked sort of butt and got lucky for a while. like yeah the Eagles offense sucks but he did chase down Jalen Hurts after changing direction, he’s good OP

Vander Esch was pretty good his first year-and-a-half in the league but nerve issues in his neck have really diminished him.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Vander Esch was pretty good his first year-and-a-half in the league but nerve issues in his neck have really diminished him.

He seems like just another Roy Williams to me. Hard hitting burn out.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

He's been solid this year in run fits and coverage, so far. His snap count has steadily increased each game, and I really haven't noticed more than maybe one bust from him in assignment. His tackle numbers are trending up as well, and frankly having only played 50% of available snaps, he's on pace for somwhere between a 75 and 100 solo-tackle season.

I think LVE is trending up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sickening posted:

He seems like just another Roy Williams to me. Hard hitting burn out.

Roy Williams was someone that depended on dirty nasty hits that got regulated out of the league. His talent wasn't being good at safety. It was being a dirty nasty rear end in a top hat. They banned an entire type of tackling because of him breaking TO's leg with it along with injuring countless others.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He did have an interception for a TD to beat the Peyton Manning led colts in 2006 when I was in bootcamp, though.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Panthers coach Matt Rhule provided some strong praise for Prescott this week while talking about the Cowboys’ franchise quarterback.

“I watched him last year,” Rhule said. “I’ve watched him this year. He’s superb. He calls the game at the line of scrimmage. He’s getting the ball out of his hand. He’s the second-fastest guy in the NFL right now from snap to throw, which is emblematic of a quarterback who knows exactly where the ball is going to go versus the defense, who is on the same page with his receivers, who is getting in the right plays versus the right coverages, who is making sure that he’s protected.

“It’s like watching Peyton Manning, it’s like watching Drew Brees call the game at the line of scrimmage. I think what Dak’s doing right now is unbelievably impressive.”

Panthers defensive coordinator Phil Snow added another all-time great to that list, comparing Prescott to Aaron Rodgers.

“The quarterback runs the show,” Snow said. “He does everything at the line of scrimmage. It’s like playing Aaron Rodgers and those types. I mean, that’s who he is. He just controls the game and understands the game. … He’s getting rid of the football, most of the time, under 2.4 seconds, so it’s hard to sack a guy. You’re just not going to sack him very often. But you can try to get him off rhythm a little bit. But that’s hard to do too because he recognizes what you’re in and what you’re doing and he gets rid of the football really quickly. Plus, their passing game, there’s not a type of pass that they don’t use. They spread out, they dash, they boot, they three-step, they drop back, they screen you, so Dak has a lot of tools that he can utilize, and he does. He’s very well-schooled at what he does.”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eagles are going to get absolutely rolled today lol

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

I really wish there was something I could say that would get your hopes up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

I would have put money on KC +14.5

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

euphronius posted:

I would have put money on KC +14.5

Chiefs D is absolute trash. Eagles still lose this but the score will be closer than that.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

indigi posted:

Yeah, this is gonna be a savage rear end kicking. I'm not looking forward to seeing Andy Reid to his 100th win victory dance in Philly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Chiefs D is absolute trash. Eagles still lose this but the score will be closer than that.

https://twitter.com/roobnbcs/status/1444687254803320833?s=21

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Week 4 and they are at 1/5 starting online men

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ready to watch the cowbs!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sirianni is a bad coach. How the gently caress are you going to waste that timeout

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

Sirianni is a bad coach. How the gently caress are you going to waste that timeout

Hurts called it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

Hurts called it

that means he wasn’t prepared for situational football, which is still on the head coach

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

indigi posted:

that means he wasn’t prepared for situational football, which is still on the head coach

Player didn’t execute! COACH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah the coach’s job is to make sure the players know what to do in certain game situations?