Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

a.lo posted:

probably undercooked mush inside. Pass.

the fillings were probably at room temp to start with and in a domestic oven it takes a while to get the crust that brown, so I bet they're fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

PyPy posted:

this is rape

she's every man's dream 😍

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1444699761563643908

did the brunch ground hog see his shadow?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sounds like I'm getting with the times. :coal:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

emfive posted:

if you like making stuff like that google Scaccia Ragusana, it's kind-of the same idea but different, the dough is rolled out (there are many variations) and then folded up in layers, with more sauce and cheese on top of each fold.

Sicilian stuff, Ragusa is I think the southern tip of the island, more or less

Ooh that looks fun, I've gotta give that a try.

emfive posted:

the fillings were probably at room temp to start with and in a domestic oven it takes a while to get the crust that brown, so I bet they're fine.

Also yeah, it cooked at like 450 convection for 15-25 (I just eyeballed it so I don't know for sure) minutes to get that color. It's got a good crunch to it and the inside is magma hot. I also rolled them pretty thin.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

PyPy posted:

FOOTBAWWWWWWWWWWW
Have you considered, at least for today, BASEBAWWWWWWWWWWW due to the chance for an incredible clusterfuck wrt to post-season berths?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

emfive posted:

if you like making stuff like that google Scaccia Ragusana, it's kind-of the same idea but different, the dough is rolled out (there are many variations) and then folded up in layers, with more sauce and cheese on top of each fold.

Sicilian stuff, Ragusa is I think the southern tip of the island, more or less

Baklava but sauce and cheese? Sign me up.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

emfive posted:

it is not that, but you're right we should stop. It'd be awful if people talked a lot about food they get from Sheetz or Wa Wa or Zombie Jack's all the time.

e: also I don't think there even is San Antonio-style pizza; nothing really escapes from the reality distortion field of San Antonio.

i luv this premise of a place called zombie jack's

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CaptainBeefart posted:

Baklava but sauce and cheese? Sign me up.

if that tickles you and you want to get even closer, check out tyropita/spanakopita

Greeks know how to chow down on pastry at all hours and I applaud them for it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i want some khachapuri

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

looks like seven more years of austerity

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Looks like another set of Panama style papers was released. I cannot wait for nothing to happen from this too other than a journalist being blown up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/interactive/2021/pandora-papers-offshore-finance/?no_nav=true

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

if that tickles you and you want to get even closer, check out tyropita/spanakopita

I think I had some spanakopita two weekends ago when the local Greek Fest did carry out only instead of their all weekend festival and my friend gave me all of what she couldn't eat.

drat I miss the Greek festival. Nothing better than drinking too much wine and dancing to live music.

Oh marone, and the Skyline Greek pizza. 🤤

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
I’m so hungry now, weird

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

CaptainBeefart posted:

I think I had some spanakopita two weekends ago when the local Greek Fest did carry out only instead of their all weekend festival and my friend gave me all of what she couldn't eat.

drat I miss the Greek festival. Nothing better than drinking too much wine and dancing to live music.

Oh marone, and the Skyline Greek pizza. 🤤

yeh that sounds like fun i miss having a good time

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

you ain't lyin. i used to know a hole in the wall greek place that served amazing spanakopita and it's a taste i've been chasing for over a decade now. nothign around here comes close.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

frankenfreak posted:

Have you considered, at least for today, BASEBAWWWWWWWWWWW due to the chance for an incredible clusterfuck wrt to post-season berths?

no

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

sometimes when ig'm drunk i get the frozen ones from the store but theyr'e poo poo

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

probably undercooked mush inside. Pass.

today i turned leftover mushroom stew into mushroom kineshes

they're pretty great

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
i also made pasta with mushroom & salsicia sauce, which also was great imho

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
i love cooking and eating food

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
i also had a beer

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Qurnah posted:

i love cooking and eating food

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
tmruro

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/svibostok/status/1444337561363787783?s=21

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
universal basic income delivered through cryptocurrency and video game hardware

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
one month after getting married baker mayfield got a blowjob behind the cheesecake factory from a random woman he found on Instagram. that woman’s name is Kacie Dingess.

I love that story

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Qurnah posted:

today i turned leftover mushroom stew into mushroom kineshes

they're pretty great

that's a really great idea

you could make mushroom & kasha too (if you like kasha), there's a German deli in Dallas (Kuby's) that used to make meat, potato, or kasha knishes, they were so delicious. Sadly they stopped making them (but otherwise it looks pretty much exactly the same as it did when I first went in the 70s).

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Loot boxes will save and provide for us.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer
i love mushrooms, both the tasty kinds and the kinds that make me laugh uncontrollably and cry because clouds are beautiful

shrooms are the only drug i miss

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Qurnah posted:

i also had a beer

it sounds like you missed your calling as an old timey tavern keeper

that probably would've been a fun profession

except for all the disease

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a spectre is haunting Texas - the spectre of a woman who smells like a roll of nickels

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Looks like another set of Panama style papers was released. I cannot wait for nothing to happen from this too other than a journalist being blown up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/interactive/2021/pandora-papers-offshore-finance/?no_nav=true

Dang the Panama Papers were five years ago?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Come to the rear of the Cheesecake Factory in next 15 minutes if you want to give a blowjob.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

emfive posted:

that's a really great idea

you could make mushroom & kasha too (if you like kasha), there's a German deli in Dallas (Kuby's) that used to make meat, potato, or kasha knishes, they were so delicious. Sadly they stopped making them (but otherwise it looks pretty much exactly the same as it did when I first went in the 70s).

i put some rice in there, mostly to fool the kids to eat mushrooms

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

CaptainBeefart posted:

Come to the rear of the Cheesecake Factory in next 15 minutes if you want to give a blowjob.

man i been behind the cheesecake factory all drat day

where the gently caress are you

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

C-Euro posted:

Dang the Panama Papers were five years ago?

“the before times”

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

it sounds like you missed your calling as an old timey tavern keeper

that probably would've been a fun profession

except for all the disease

that is literally my dream profession

Adbot