Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Dexo posted:

"Love the fire and the passion. Thanks for the call

And next upon the line is Ernie from Skokie, what are your thoughts on the current Bears brain trust?"

“Yeah hi whatever anyway I just wanna echo what the last caller said but I want to emphasize that I am making an actionable threat, this isn’t idle chat, just want to emphasize that again anyways I’ll take my answer off the air”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
If losing to the Patricia lions last year to extend a losing streak to 6 can't get you fired, nothing can

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
I will never reveal the Nagy QB Secret

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mastershakeman posted:

If losing to the Patricia lions last year to extend a losing streak to 6 can't get you fired, nothing can

Hey, listen here, you fucker.

That was the Bevell Lions.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hizawk posted:

It's going to be fun because the Lions win their first game Dan Cambell is going to get that custom 20 foot thick #2 pencil he had made and break it over his knee to symbolize the new Lions have arrived.

The fact that it will likely occur... Checks schedule... Week 4 against the future HOF QB in Chicago will make it all the more sweeter.

The Prophecy.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

Hey, listen here, you fucker.

That was the Bevell Lions.

Their first and only win!

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

put them both in a boat and abandon it in the middle of Lake Michigan

Ah, the Wolverine Watchmen method to dealing with people

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I stand by my belief that a loss to the Lions in Week 4 is too swift an end to the Nagy era. Bears are gonna pull off a win so the fanbase can focus on obsessively analyzing differences in playcalling under Probably Not Nagy, while a few people get their hopes up and everyone else freaks out that he might save his job

The death blow won't come until a 40 point loss to the Packers in December

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I think it's pretty funny that the only Bengals loss this season is to the Bears.

I'm still sticking to my original thought that the Bears are a 7-8 win team. The Rams are a very good team and the Bears didn't embarrass themselves against them. They looked godawful against the Browns, who are also a good team, but I think that's mostly because the Browns' biggest strength, their defense, matched up against the Bears' biggest weakness, their O-Line.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

xbilkis posted:

I stand by my belief that a loss to the Lions in Week 4 is too swift an end to the Nagy era. Bears are gonna pull off a win so the fanbase can focus on obsessively analyzing differences in playcalling under Probably Not Nagy, while a few people get their hopes up and everyone else freaks out that he might save his job

The death blow won't come until a 40 point loss to the Packers in December

Yeah, I dont know how this isn't obvious. This is the exact same poo poo Nagy always does. We'll limp into playoff contention, while never feeling good with any of this.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Even as a Lions fan, in a morbid way, the Bears winning tomorrow would extend the Nagy/Pace hilarity for at least another week or two, so if that happens, it wouldn't utterly destroy my soul. I don't really have a soul to destroy, anyways. The Lions destroyed it a long time ago. Where a soul should be, there's just a Post It note that reads "Out of Order".

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Bet every dollar on the Lions winning this week, the freest of all money.

Gonna see if my Bet365 account is still active...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao the Lions are surely capable of winning today. Any given Sunday and all.

But loving lmao at being confident enough to ever. And I mean ever bet on the lions to win anything.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Dexo posted:

Lmao the Lions are surely capable of winning today. Any given Sunday and all.

But loving lmao at being confident enough to ever. And I mean ever bet on the lions to win anything.

On the one hand, no one should ever bet on the Lions to win, this is correct.

On the other hand, if the Lions are going to win any game this season, it's probably this one.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well it’s in Chicago, so they probably have a better chance when they play in Detroit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnDlZ2y2lNA

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
the Vikings should just swap Barr's pic on their roster for this

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

It's raining now where I am, like 5 miles from Soldier Field, so the turf is probably going to be extra lovely today.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Vikings/Browns is going to have a Myles Garrett/Mason Rudolph moment

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's raining now where I am, like 5 miles from Soldier Field, so the turf is probably going to be extra lovely today.

David Montgomery time

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1444711433153953793

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's probably more a Lions thing, but it'd be so loving funny if Nagy giving up playcalling was actually all it took to fix the Bears

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lol, lions

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh Lions...

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

If you pretend the Lions are more of a comedy routine than a professional football organization it's a lot more entertaining. It's like watching wrestling, where they are always supposed to lose. You appreciate the effort and creative new ways they find to get the job done.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/PointsBetUSA/status/1444715739907252232

lol

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bears are back

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Comfortador posted:

Anyone Fluent in Lions-ese will see that Justin Fields will have a Joe Montana / Tom Brady MVP type day against us. Think Anquan Boldin's first ever touchdown on the first play of the game.

I posted this during the week...I mean...Lions...

Edit: And also David Montgomery

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 3, 2021

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1444716800411832325

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Just about got “man getting hit by football” from the Simpsons but with Goff getting smacked in the nuts by the snap.

That’s… kinda awesome.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guys, I'm starting to think Jared Goff may not be the long-term solution.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MONTY GO OFF

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

POISON

THE

WELL

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

MONTY GO OFF

He's on pace for 8 TDs today. Definitely seems doable. :hmmyes:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
With all the consternation about the Bears last week, everybody forgot the Lions still exist.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The lions are making the bears look like the packers

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lol lions

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jen X posted:

The lions are making the bears look like the packers

Nah, I think the Bears have looked pretty good.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Does Jared Goff have brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl