Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Well. That is some sick, twisted poo poo.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That escalated quickly.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I know deep down inside that if I don’t send that image to everyone I know, that a deranged surgeon will turn my mouth into a Predator-mouth while I sleep tonight, like some kind of twisted ‘The Ring’ curse.

Well I don’t know that for *sure*, but better safe than sorry. :allbuttons:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Xenomrph posted:

I know deep down inside that if I don’t send that image to everyone I know, that a deranged surgeon will turn my mouth into a Predator-mouth while I sleep tonight, like some kind of twisted ‘The Ring’ curse.

Well I don’t know that for *sure*, but better safe than sorry. :allbuttons:

Everything about Alien(s) is psychosexual.

I know someone who loving loves Alien and she doesn't love science fiction or horror genres.

It speaks to her on a level where the concept is horrifying and Aliens is cathartic.

Predator mouth is kind of vagina dentata esque. Oh no, my child support! :ohdear:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

We need a mind cleanser.
Been laughing at Dallas the last 10 minutes.
He's seen some poo poo.
Brett is still 60 yo whatever his age.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

happyhippy posted:

We need a mind cleanser.
He's seen some poo poo.

Now do that with the Xenomorph. :v:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Now do that with the Xenomorph. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc&t=22s

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

We need a mind cleanser.
He's seen some poo poo.

Alien babies!
Pretend I made up a theme song to the tune of Muppet Babies

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Babby Ash still looks shifty as gently caress. Don't trust 'im...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Lil' Parker looks like he just stole the cookie jar out of the Nostromo's galley, and snuck it down to him and Brett's hideout :v:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that's because he was an android, and never a baby

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
hell yeah, I just got an HBO Max subscription and just saw that they have Underwater, finally I can watch it because I've been looking for it for a minute. I'm posting about it in this thread because I hear it owes a LOT to Alien/Aliens and doesn't do a bad job with it, either. I SHALL SEE

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Lil' Parker looks like he just stole the cookie jar out of the Nostromo's galley, and snuck it down to him and Brett's hideout :v:

They probably have a sick treehouse down there.

'NO ZEENOS ALLOWƎD!'

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

'NO ZEENOS ALLOWƎD!'

its xenos
should I be upset that you spelled it wrong

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Floodixor posted:

hell yeah, I just got an HBO Max subscription and just saw that they have Underwater, finally I can watch it because I've been looking for it for a minute. I'm posting about it in this thread because I hear it owes a LOT to Alien/Aliens and doesn't do a bad job with it, either. I SHALL SEE

Underwater is really cool, I like it a lot. It does have a “Weyland” cameo, one of the characters has a Weyland logo on a shoulder strap or something at one point.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its xenos
should I be upset that you spelled it wrong

:thejoke:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

calvin was 6 years old. gonna guess you are twice that age

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

'NO ZEENOS ALLOWƎD!'

Riplee Smellz!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

Riplee Smellz!

I am so angry at you right now

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Floodixor posted:

huh, ok, it was fine

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Get Rid Of Slimy xenoS

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Get Rid Of Slimy xenoS

:hmmyes:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I I just played what I think to be the 2nd to last mission (Fireteam) and the hive looks great graphically. I love my demolisher but I want to try out the technician. Sentry guns are great. I don't think anything will beat my smart gun though.

I want to play more but it's almost midnight and the queue is only giving me bots now. :(

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I I just played what I think to be the 2nd to last mission (Fireteam) and the hive looks great graphically. I love my demolisher but I want to try out the technician. Sentry guns are great. I don't think anything will beat my smart gun though.

I want to play more but it's almost midnight and the queue is only giving me bots now. :(

Just wait until you see the flame turret.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The flame turret is goddamn fantastic.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Yeah the flame turret can actually solo a whole level by itself. Such a badass little bastard. The heavy turret is so disappointing in comparison.

I wanna play a mission with 3 technicians in a squad and just laugh while the world burns.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Red Rox posted:

Yeah the flame turret can actually solo a whole level by itself. Such a badass little bastard. The heavy turret is so disappointing in comparison.

I wanna play a mission with 3 technicians in a squad and just laugh while the world burns.

Flame turret owns at horde mode. Just park that thing a little way down that "main" hallway, and it'll clean out a lot of chaff, and when the big guys come rampaging your way, it'll distract them long enough that you can put a good hurt on them.

Right now I just want to complete missions on intense difficulty. I love that one a whole lot more than the lower levels, but no one is ever playing them. It's just difficult enough to be a challenge, but not too hard, and team damage teaches you to not just shoot wildly until everything is dead. I almost managed to complete the second mission on Giants in the Earth with two bots and the Human Tanks challenge card, but then it threw the two warriors at me at the end and whelp, that was the end of that run :(

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Red Rox posted:

That’s the best strategy for getting the “no friendly fire” achievement, too.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Iron Crowned posted:

Right now I just want to complete missions on intense difficulty. I love that one a whole lot more than the lower levels, but no one is ever playing them. It's just difficult enough to be a challenge, but not too hard, and team damage teaches you to not just shoot wildly until everything is dead. I almost managed to complete the second mission on Giants in the Earth with two bots and the Human Tanks challenge card, but then it threw the two warriors at me at the end and whelp, that was the end of that run :(

Only time I completed a level on intense with two botbros was with the technician. The flame turret is just that good.

I’m super keen to play harder difficulty but yeah it’s hard to find people. Plus I’m in a weird time zone so you guys are all asleep when I have time to play.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Here's a cool predator mask that doesn't use electric motors, it's all wired to the jaw (somehow, don't ask me how)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/127566320763609/permalink/690104377843131/

http://i.imgur.com/mbYaQTa.mp4

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Been experimenting with playing Skyrim using these mods, and it’s surprisingly fun:

https://youtu.be/6IovdtA_9_w

I guess now I need to get the mask in the post above to wear while playing this.

e: it’s also got me reading “The Complete Predator Omnibus (novels, not comics)

I guess at some point a couple years back I also downloaded on the Kindle the first book of this series called “Rage War” which I guess is a three-way thing, Aliens vs Predators vs Human? I see I bought it and then never read it. This series any good?

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 10, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Quick Play mode is a godsend for playing on intense. Too bad my first game had two people that got bogged down and we all died in a hallway. Second round had both players drop. Finally beat the third round, but it was only the first mission of the game, but I got my technician to level 8 :shrug:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

happyhippy posted:

We need a mind cleanser.
He's seen some poo poo.

Reminds me of that high school that did a kick rear end play of Alien, it was so good Ridley Scott applauded them after learning of it.

Not to mention Sigourney showed up one day there and took a great picture of her meeting the cast, one of the students was nearly moved to tears meeting her.

There's a nice picture of it, at that moment there was nothing but pure joy.

It's adorable.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Don't know if there are better recordings out there, but this is the one I watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX3VaFG7AvU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got really high and watched that whole thing and god drat. Those kids and their teachers are on point. Excellent effects. It's freaking high school.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://mobile.twitter.com/NicholasJSacco/status/1121950675758460928

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1447608274828857353

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Seeing them meet her always makes me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"In this scene, we see Ripley and Dallas sneaking into the infirmary after Ash leaves, to rub ivermectin onto Kane's feet"