Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

incoherent posted:

When it gets posted to r/vinylreleases it's over. It's so bad even the Theohsees subreddit is very adamant about not cross-posting before fans get a crack at picking up new drops.

On the plus side they're adamant that they're going to continue pressing the gatefold version so it should be back in stock from time to time. But I'm sure FOMO will make it sell out instantly every time it restocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Bloodplay it again posted:

If my turntable went 78 rpm I would have the largest alvin and the chipmunks collection in the world

Edit: looking for chipmunks in low places white hot stamper hmu

I got you, $2k I know what I have no lowballs

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

CPL593H posted:

I don't know if you mean 16 RPM because of those things on youtube that actually sound cool or if you actually mean 78 RPM because you're a lunatic.

Maybe sometimes a guy just wants to sit back, relax, and enjoy some garth at 78 instead of

Barry posted:

I got you, $2k I know what I have no lowballs

dealing with these rear end in a top hat chipmunks enthusiasts' prices

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

sporklift posted:

Just play them at whatever speed sounds good to you.

Based

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Picked up some classics from the local record show this morning. Paid $5 for Rumours cause it has a small scratch, decent enough deals for most of the rest. Got $5 off of Night at the Opera cause the guy liked my Therion shirt.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CornHolio posted:

Picked up some classics from the local record show this morning. Paid $5 for Rumours cause it has a small scratch, decent enough deals for most of the rest. Got $5 off of Night at the Opera cause the guy liked my Therion shirt.

That's a good score. I really like the first two Cars albums. Back in ye olden times when I first heard their first album I was surprised to find that almost every track on that album is a radio song because that's rare. It's a really good record.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

CPL593H posted:

That's a good score. I really like the first two Cars albums. Back in ye olden times when I first heard their first album I was surprised to find that almost every track on that album is a radio song because that's rare. It's a really good record.

I legit thought it was a greatest hits album. Reminds me of Garth Brooks’ 1991 album, Ropin’ the Wind

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

I legit thought it was a greatest hits album. Reminds me of Garth Brooks’ 1991 album, Ropin’ the Wind

I've never heard of Garth Brooks. Is any of his stuff on vinyl?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the cars and boston are the same in having near-perfect first albums where almost every song was a single and then a second album with like one great song and a few good ones and then nothing else past then

(actually i forgot the cars had some good singles on the later albums too they werent quite as one and done as boston, but, still, definitely started with a show stopper)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 4, 2021

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

the cars and boston are the same in having near-perfect first albums where almost every song was a single and then a second album with like one great song and a few good ones and then nothing else past then

(actually i forgot the cars had some good singles on the later albums too they werent quite as one and done as boston, but, still, definitely started with a show stopper)

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the difference is that the Cars are actually good.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

pwn posted:

I was talking about this with my wife yesterday, literally calling it 'basically a best-of' album. Always wanted it, never had it, not even on CD. For some reason I love the cover and always wanted it in vinyl. It sounds great, too.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name
Bought some random things.

The Tool I kind of overpaid for by a few dollars but it popped up in the bin and I just grabbed it.

I had heard the name Pavlov’s Dog and bought it mostly because I liked the cover but ended up really digging the album. Surkamp’s voice is like Geddy Lee crossed with a sheep but it has its charm and somehow works.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

z0331 posted:

Bought some random things.

The Tool I kind of overpaid for by a few dollars but it popped up in the bin and I just grabbed it.

I had heard the name Pavlov’s Dog and bought it mostly because I liked the cover but ended up really digging the album. Surkamp’s voice is like Geddy Lee crossed with a sheep but it has its charm and somehow works.

Boy I used to love that Miles album when I was a kid. I think I got both that and Tutu from Columbia Record Club.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

CPL593H posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the difference is that the Cars are actually good.

Tom Scholz recording and producing the debut Boston album was a pretty amazing feat of engineering and musicianship though, whether you actually like the songs/music or not.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ahahhaha, holy poo poo, someone actually dropped the ten grand on the deluxe edition of Anal Trump's First 100 Songs, pressed to 100 individual 1" LPs.

:nws: :nws:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Ahahhaha, holy poo poo, someone actually dropped the ten grand on the deluxe edition of Anal Trump's First 100 Songs, pressed to 100 individual 1" LPs.

:nws: :nws:

Did they know that that's what they were buying? And how the gently caress would you even play it?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Why even make that

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why even make that

Well from the price tag, money would be my first guess

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why even make that

Once you have a certain amount of money and nothing is off limits to you you find that you've done everything you could possibly want and more so you experience such intense ennui that you resort to making completely absurd purchases in the hopes that you might feel something no matter how briefly.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If that's where they're at, I hope it was more of a "I want to give Rob Crow and Travis Ryan ten grand" thing.

pwn
May 27, 2004

“LPs”

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Do they play on that little player RSD used to have?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Banger of a day at the record store yesterday:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Arcella posted:

Banger of a day at the record store yesterday:

I have Floppy Disk! Never listened to it.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

BigFactory posted:

I have Floppy Disk! Never listened to it.

I had to get it when I saw the cover, but listened to a bit on spotify and I'm looking forward to playing the whole thing.

I mean:

https://youtu.be/9rQ3dgs2d8A

Arcella fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 7, 2021

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I love my Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I didn't find any amazing $1 records this time, but I'm hoping a decent cleaning will make this bad boy shine again:

https://twitter.com/NewsFedora/status/1445837243868848128

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I saw a terrible black velvet painting of Bruce Lee in Savers a few days ago and passed it up because I don't have the wall space. I went back today and it was gone. I will live with this regret for years to come.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

CPL593H posted:

I saw a terrible black velvet painting of Bruce Lee in Savers a few days ago and passed it up because I don't have the wall space. I went back today and it was gone. I will live with this regret for years to come.

I was at a savers once and saw a drawing/painting/maybe a print that was a pastiche of a bunch of different musicians with the word ALTERNATIVE right in the middle. A shirtless Anthony Keidis was front and center. It wasn’t poorly done exactly, but it looked like something a talented kid might have done in art class in ‘92. I was a fool and didn’t buy it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Ballz posted:

I love my Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I didn't find any amazing $1 records this time, but I'm hoping a decent cleaning will make this bad boy shine again:

https://twitter.com/NewsFedora/status/1445837243868848128

I'm jealous. I need to check out my ReStore. I really like the vintage receivers from the 70s and 80s aesthetically and would love to have a functioning one.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Well. I was trying not to buy anything this month but one of my favorite albums is finally on vinyl. David Ruffin's unreleased album finally got put out by Third Man.

https://www.discogs.com/release/20405959-David-Ruffin-David

It's so good. I can't understand why they would shelve it...

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I meant to post this before. Look at this beauty.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CPL593H posted:

I meant to post this before. Look at this beauty.

Yeah. Sorry. You hosed up by not getting that.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I love his nose giving a elbow uppercut of some sort to his face.

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society
My partner and I went to San Francisco for a combined Anniversary(ours)/Birthday(mine) trip. Within ninety minutes of stepping off the plane we were at Amobea.

They had a original Virgin pressing of Bob Mould's Workbook album in almost perfect condition. Seeing as this was 1988 and the end of vinyl release I was happy to find this.

After getting home we headed to our local haunt http://rattlebackrecords.com/ and some checklist items were found

The "Another Joni Mitchell"

The "Holy poo poo this actually exists in this physical realm/I thought this was discontinued"

and finally the because Bob Mould said it was neat

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got the new BBNG today, and I didn't realize it was 45rpm at first. It's not marked anywhere that I could find, and it took almost a minute before I figured out it was too slow at 33.

e: oh, and thread fave Arthur Verocai is on 5 of 8 tracks

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hell yeah, somehow the record store had a spare copy of Jerry from Devo's Jihad Jerry and the Evildoers RSD release.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I have a bunch of doubles of poo poo all over and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking them. Basically free just for shipping cost so like five or six bucks. And if that price is more than a dollar over what I actually paid to ship it I can refund you the extra. Conditions will vary most of it will be VG or below. It might take a bit before I motivate myself to do it but I thought it would make sense to see if people even care. I'll list conditions and everything.

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

I have a bunch of doubles of poo poo all over and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in taking them. Basically free just for shipping cost so like five or six bucks. And if that price is more than a dollar over what I actually paid to ship it I can refund you the extra. Conditions will vary most of it will be VG or below. It might take a bit before I motivate myself to do it but I thought it would make sense to see if people even care. I'll list conditions and everything.

I wish i had doubles to trade but I would be interested yes

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

pwn posted:

I wish i had doubles to trade but I would be interested yes

I thought of it because I found a copy of Songs in the Key of Life at Savers a few days ago that at least appears to be a nicer copy than what I already have so when I play grade them I'll just put one of them out there but I have a bunch of other crap. The copy that I think might be the lesser one is still fairly solid at about a VG. I'm not going to be putting anything crazy out there mostly just classic rock. I'll keep the thread updated on what I dig out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CPL593H posted:

I thought of it because I found a copy of Songs in the Key of Life at Savers a few days ago that at least appears to be a nicer copy than what I already have so when I play grade them I'll just put one of them out there but I have a bunch of other crap. The copy that I think might be the lesser one is still fairly solid at about a VG. I'm not going to be putting anything crazy out there mostly just classic rock. I'll keep the thread updated on what I dig out.

I would like your duplicate Songs in the Key of Life, plz.

Back when I lived in Florida my favorite record store had a back room of thousands of unsorted records that were $3 each. I remember seeing like, oodles of copies of Songs in the Key of Life there and I was always like, "I'll grab that next time." Then I moved out of state without ever picking it up and when I started checking around used copies pretty much everywhere else was $10 and up. This was like around 2015 and the vinyl collectors boom was really taking off and it feels like it's only gone up in price ever since. A couple of years later I was back in Florida and returned to that store. The back room was still there, but had been absolutely picked over and was basically little more than Goodwill fare. Those Songs in the Key of Life copies were all loooong gone.

That Stevie record has haunted me ever since.