Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Gwunhar/status/1444778705646149633

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

ToxicAcne posted:

Why do you guys think that POC's tend to gravitate towards that hustle culture bullshit so hard?

t's class not race, you grow up in a rat race with nothing but the idea of hustling to get ahead. You see rich fucks doing it with no repercussions and take the wrong message.
it's fine for you to do because you deserve to get ahead unlike everyone else that didn't suffer like you did.

Abongination has issued a correction as of 03:06 on Oct 4, 2021

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

checking out the hot new book neuromancer and marveling at the joy of utopian fiction

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i swear these bloomberg opinion pieces are self-aware satire. there have been like half a dozen in the last few months that are just too perfectly crafted.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Unless posted:

drive less and take shorter showers, i'm sure that'll help the climate

the avenues of action to be able to keep yer head above water quickly integrate these "efficiencies" and without defining the game you're gonna see a race to the bottom

I'm not saying blame the individual, I'm saying blame the gestalt Consumer, who for hundreds of years has always picked the easiest and quickest option for everything

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yes that thing famously good at holding global superpowers accountable, the United Nations

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Edit nm

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BonHair posted:

I'm bad at being woke, what's the take on Airbnb? In this case, we have three actors: landlord (bad), hosts and guests. Aren't the hosts just being sublandlords and the guests are enabling it? Is it just bad guys all the way down?

I recently found out the unit two doors down from me has been hosting via airbnb for the entire pandemic. Hotels are not even legal here in Melbourne, nor is travel more than 15km (5km until recently).

I only found out because their dumbass guest lost his keys and rang my intercom at 620 in the morning, then did it again at 1030pm, then proceeded to smoke inside.

So I've been exposed to covid cooties this entire time apparently.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ArmZ posted:

gently caress landlords but also gently caress air bnbers

Most likely a legitimate annoyed neighbour.

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

They will absolutely give you a bad rating but I bet you could appeal through airbnb with evidence that the host is selling a room where guests are not welcome. Then youre putting your faith in airbnb that they will do the right thing (lmao)

I did this and they were like "since you filed a police report we don't need to act, bye"

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Presumably air bnb has been committing some crime in facilitating this. Consider filing a report about them.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

checking out the hot new book neuromancer and marveling at the joy of utopian fiction

Lol Snow Crash becomes more real every day somehow

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Weka posted:

Presumably air bnb has been committing some crime in facilitating this. Consider filing a report about them.

Nah, you see they're just providing a platform and they're a big international company and as such exempt from responsibility.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
would love to start seeing renters unions kick airbnb out of their towns

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shame Boy posted:

Yes that thing famously good at holding global superpowers accountable, the United Nations

Permanent security council co-chairs
Facebook and amazon

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook and Amazon both have a representative in the UN. (Granted, it's the same representative but their goals are the same.)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Weka posted:

I did, that's why they said they don't have to do anything, as mentioned.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

i swear these bloomberg opinion pieces are self-aware satire. there have been like half a dozen in the last few months that are just too perfectly crafted.

I think you vastly underestimate just how insanely stupid the rich and their toadies are.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

Anyway I too dream of one day pissing away $400 on a steak someone rubbed gold leaf on #goals #hustlegrind

https://twitter.com/chillaxin2021/status/1441926021830397953

When did 2 tops start getting charged auto grat?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Gorson posted:

Assuming it actually goes to the server, I would guess it's to avoid the assholes who "show off" by getting a big meal but skimping on the tip.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I did this and they were like "since you filed a police report we don't need to act, bye"

Update: the airbnb host has pulled all of his listings across the city. Something (me) must have spooked him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gorson posted:

I'm still trying to process what "lobster mac & cheese" would taste like at a place which sells $400 steak.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Probably like crap in a blind tasting

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm still trying to process what "lobster mac & cheese" would taste like at a place which sells $400 steak.

I'm sure it tastes room temperature while it sits there and the chef spends twenty minutes cranking into your steak before putting the gold leaf on.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I would definitely spend $400 on steak if I could, but it wouldn’t be Medium & $5 worth of Gold Leaf steak

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Boywhiz88 posted:

Assuming it actually goes to the server, I would guess it's to avoid the assholes who "show off" by getting a big meal but skimping on the tip.

Yeah that's what it's for but traditionally reserved for parties of 8 or more, I've never seen it applied to a table of two. Either it's the restaurant policy or the server thought they looked like cheapasses.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

I would definitely spend $400 on steak if I could, but it wouldn’t be Medium & $5 worth of Gold Leaf steak

wow.... thank u

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gorson posted:

Yeah that's what it's for but traditionally reserved for parties of 8 or more, I've never seen it applied to a table of two. Either it's the restaurant policy or the server thought they looked like cheapasses.

If the restaurant uses tableside payment systems (which it is, in this case - that's that "Powered by Toast" at the bottom) there's just a button you can mash that auto-adds however much gratuity you want and puts it on the receipt like that.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

wow.... thank u

Please- you did most of the work!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Full Disclosure: I only know this because Toast is a direct competitor to the company I work for. Please use our thing instead of theirs if you're a restaurant rear end in a top hat. I don't actually know what our thing is called, I don't work in that department, but you should use it, thank you.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Most likely a legitimate annoyed neighbour.

the neighbor is annoyed that poor people are invading the enclave that they gentrified.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1444798616971907080

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

yeah but that $269 is unregulated and untrace… wait, wtf? The computer is acting weird it… uh oh, now it’s $4762 to mine $0 worth…

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

thinking of all the cool poo poo those computers could have been doing instead :( videogames lost like cum in the shower

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

thinking of all the cool poo poo those computers could have been doing instead :( videogames lost like cum in the shower

Look at this loser who doesnt save his shower cum

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

IAMKOREA posted:

Lol Snow Crash becomes more real every day somehow

The part of it that really hasn't aged well is the late-century conviction that the Japanese are going to take over the world. See also Sondheim's Pacific Overtures, Crichton's Rising Sun, Blade Runner, and of course Gibson's Neuromancer.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The part of it that <i>really</i> hasn't aged well is the late-century conviction that the Japanese are going to take over the world. See also Sondheim's <i>Pacific Overtures</i>, Crichton's <i>Rising Sun</i>, <i>Blade Runner</i>, and of course Gibson's <i>Neuromancer</i>.

what do you think anime is

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Huh? It's certainly not the world-wide governmental and industrial supremacy of Japan.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
tbf no one could have predicted Abe et al. choking the country to death over the course of 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

They could have been doing absolutely nothing, because bitcoins are mined using special chips that can only do one thing and that is mine bitcoins. The entire thing is useless purpose-built waste all the way down.