Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

hooman posted:

I had similar, where I was getting repeated blood infections that needed surgery but because I wasn't going to *immediately* die from it, just be horribly sick most of the time, it was go private or go home. It was absolutely worth the 8k I paid but yeah, urgh.

Did you have issues with your butthole as well? Because this sounds very similar to what I'm dealing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Lolie posted:

Let's see

anti-abortion

against same sex marriage

believes people have no motivation to have children if they know the government will provide for them when they're elderly and opposes welfare (he has 6 kids)

opposed extending the lockdown in July, so may accelerate the staged plan for re-opening

As a non-NSWer only one of these is My Problem

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Lolie posted:

Let's see

anti-abortion

believes people have no motivation to have children if they know the government will provide for them when they're elderly and opposes welfare (he has 6 kids)

opposed extending the lockdown in July, so may accelerate the staged plan for re-opening

He floated the idea of stripping the CHO of her pay whenever a lockdown was enacted because he thought the (highly successful) Northern Beaches lockdown was excessive

And if you like your political leaders being members of culty religious factions he's also got you covered, he's Opus Dei

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

dude sucks

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
Yeats said it perfectly, "the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity".

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Lolie posted:

Just came to post this. A horrible outcome.

Not too versed on NSW pollies, but I've read the news articles about him. A horrible outcome.

Of the poo poo sandwiches you are being forced to eat, which poo poo sandwich is the best one to choke down?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Artificial Kid posted:

Yeats said it perfectly, "the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity".

Anthony Albanense, the best politician.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

alf_pogs posted:

dude sucks

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

insterested to see the Pandora Papers mean nothing

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Animal Friend posted:

The current ABC article lists one retired accountant who made 60+ million and has and will pay nothing for his crimes.

Nothing. Nothing will happen :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
He also apparently now lives on a vineyard on the Mornington Peninsula.

What's an obvious sydneysider scumbag doing in vic. :(

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-04/pandora-papers-australian-accountant-asiaciti-graeme-briggs-leak/100482936

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Animal Friend posted:

That’s not true, I’m sure they’ll murder another journalist or two so the rest don’t get any more smart ideas

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/p_hannam/status/1444777680201666560

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Friendly, Jordies is going to need another video today.

Is he resigning from Parliament, or just the deputy leadership?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Comstar posted:

Is he resigning from Parliament, or just the deputy leadership?

Parliament. loving hell.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Is there a chance that the seats Constance or Barilaro are vacating could swing against the parties? One of them is at around 6% right?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Are they going to duke it out over the fed seat of Gilmore only to neither actually nominate?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Are they going to duke it out over the fed seat of Gilmore only to neither actually nominate?

Barilaro has ruled out federal politics.

He said the ongoing defamation case is a big part of his decision to resign. I suspect being unable to work with the extreme right faction of the NSW Liberal party is also a factor.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 4, 2021

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Lolie posted:

Let's see

anti-abortion

Sounds like an off-brand Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Lolie posted:

He said the ongoing defamation case is a big part of his decision to resign. I suspect being unable to work with the extreme right faction of the NSW Liberal party is also a factor.

Yes I suspect this is the case. I never thought Barilaro was a rampaging leftie but his electorate includes Queanbeyan/Jerrabomberra which does skew more moderate, along with Canberra.

Comedy option is that the FriendlyJordies crusade has a ring of truth to it and ICAC is sharpening their briefs.

Capt.Whorebags fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 4, 2021

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
https://youtu.be/_0tMDqWe7wQ

Luv that Jordies monetises footage that's just a straight reupload of the ABC feed, can't wait for it to get pulled and him to start screaming about how the ABC needs privatisation

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

hooman posted:

Anthony Albanense, the best politician.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Lmao the accomplishment he's flexing is saving a bunch of feral horses from culling so they can continue to ruin a national Park.

Banjo Paterson was a mistake

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Lolie posted:

i don't think barilaro has a problem with the right of the libs, if anything he gets along with the moderates worse - all the koala drama last year, and he was calling on turnbull to resign back in 2017 lol

he'd been considering leaving state politics for quite a while, and said he'd planned to resign before too long anyway, just he brought it forward now that berejiklian's gone so perrottet doesn't have to do multiple cabinet reshuffles.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

"im resigning because the ongoing defamation case, which I initiated, is having an impact on me and my family. google should be held responsible for letting someone publish credible claims that I am corrupt"

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Now we wait a week or two to find out whether last night's street party in Dharruk was a super-spreader event or not.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Judging by Vic you should know 6 days later.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Eediot Jedi posted:

Judging by Vic you should know 6 days later.

My grandson works at the Macca's next to Panthers and my daughter said it was insane there when she went to pick him up two hours after the game finished. She had to get the police to let her through.

Hopefully these fuckwits get named and shamed on social media.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Err has anyone seen Gladys?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Tomberforce posted:

Not that he'll get anywhere near the leadership but Matt Kean does seem out of place in the NSW Libs as a vaguely reasonable person?

Maybe a little, but he’s insanely weird in person.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

quote:

The outgoing New South Wales premier, Gladys Berejiklian, has been approached by senior Liberals in the state to run for the federal seat of Warringah.

Some federal MPs say Berejiklian is seriously considering the proposal to switch to federal politics, but believe she wants to wait until the investigation being undertaken by the Independent commission against corruption is complete.

Supporters of Berejiklian are confident that the Icac investigation will clear her of any wrongdoing, while Berejiklian has insisted she has always acted with “integrity”.

It is understood that the prime minister, Scott Morrison, is backing the plan to run Berejiklian in Warringah, which would give the Coalition a strong chance of taking back the blue-ribbon seat, currently held by independent Zali Steggall.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ummm.... well yeah if Gladys is cleared by ICAC her taking Warringah is almost certain. I dont see how Steggall would stand a chance - but Gladys will need to be cleared and I dont see that happening before the next Federal election.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

Maybe a little, but he’s insanely weird in person.

Yeah advocating for climate change mitigation and being in the Liberal party at the same time. Figures.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Too colourful.

e: it's a nice work but not an accurate representation of the subject

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Premier Perrottet will quietly put out a press release at 9pm on a Friday night announcing that all ICAC funding has been revoked effective immediately.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I'm still kind of surprised that multiple Liberal premiers believe people care enough about corruption that they had to resign. I mean what the gently caress are the voters going to do? Pick Labor?

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Game* recognize Game!*

https://twitter.com/NickEvershed/status/1444813054437249026

* = diarrhea

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ummm.... well yeah if Gladys is cleared by ICAC her taking Warringah is almost certain. I dont see how Steggall would stand a chance - but Gladys will need to be cleared and I dont see that happening before the next Federal election.

The purpose of ICAC is to investigate state level politicians. As Ms Berejiklian is now a federal politician, we deem it improper for these investigations to continue. As such we will be introducing legislation which will

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
NEWSPOLL: Is bad at Pie Charts

https://twitter.com/BenjaminMillar/status/1444631083488714753?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm still kind of surprised that multiple Liberal premiers believe people care enough about corruption that they had to resign. I mean what the gently caress are the voters going to do? Pick Labor?

A post showed up on a friend of a friend's social media last night claiming that the Labor Party's history of corruption in NSW was nowhere near as bad as that of the Liberals. I literally laughed.