Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So when they say that everyone who wants one will be able to get it, how true is that? I've never bothered trying to hop on any of these pre-orders, but getting that classic Codex art might finally make me crack. Do I need to like wake up at the crack of dawn and spend an hour refreshing pages or is actually going to be easy to pick one up?

They are offering made to order boxes. If their stock sells out, they will make you a new one, in the past they've said within 180 days. The latest comparable army box, the orc beast snaggas, had very low stock that sold out very quickly. E: the orcs didn't get the MTO treatment.I think a MTO codex is a bold move, some players might be waiting for the MTO codex after the normal one is out.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Solus posted:

I'm considering buying a killrig - but what i dont like is the dumb wyrdboy tower setup they have. Should I change it to some 3d printed rock n roll boyz? I think mad max themeing some beast snaggas would be hilarious.

I'm in the same boat, but with the pig underneath. I'm trying to think of a way to convert it out but haven't landed on anything I'm happy with yet.

The Weirdboy tower I'm okay with, I think it's from nostalgia of the Armorcast tower.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

They are offering made to order boxes. If their stock sells out, they will make you a new one, in the past they've said within 180 days. The latest comparable army box, the orc beast snaggas, had very low stock that sold out very quickly. E: the orcs didn't get the MTO treatment.I think a MTO codex is a bold move, some players might be waiting for the MTO codex after the normal one is out.

They did say that MTO boxes were going to be the new standard, starting with Orctarius. Which I think came out after Beast Snaggas in this case.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
xpost from the painting thread

All finished with my ork kill team. These guys were fun. I put a little too much effort into them but ork skin is a treat to paint

Squad pictures later

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

That's a fun look you've got going there. A whole army gonna be lit like that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I couldn't imagine doing a whole army this way, ten dudes was a lot of effort.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Oh I see you said now "kill team", be a sweet KT then.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Floppychop posted:

I'm in the same boat, but with the pig underneath. I'm trying to think of a way to convert it out but haven't landed on anything I'm happy with yet.

I'm going to try and see how it looks without the squig, and you might be able to marry it to a trukk cabin or something

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Eediot Jedi posted:

Yeah, they will have X stock which will be sold first come first serve, and then after that is sold out it will be made to order for a short while, where you can buy it you just have to wait potentially up to 6 months to get it.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
The discussion was a few pages back, but paint your rims the color that looks coolest.

Finished some poxwalkers.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

abravemoose posted:

The discussion was a few pages back, but paint your rims the color that looks coolest.

Finished some poxwalkers.

I'm sorry but goblin green rims and bleached bone sand with some small tufts of green grass is the only accepted, official way to base citadel miniatures. Just look at any box art from the last 4 decades.

Sorry about your illegal models

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/10/04/black-templars-reinforcements-are-on-the-way-with-these-amazingly-zealous-new-models/

Black Templar Sword Brethren and Castellan models revealed. I do like the callback to the old art with the Castellan. And the Sword Brethren look very chunky as well.

And an extra sizeable upgrade box has been revealed as well:

The shotgun arms are going to show up in Scout Conversions, I just know it.

And it includes relics for the first time as well.

quote:

For anyone whose questing has their diary blocked out for a few weeks, the miniatures contained within will be along separately in a few weeks, alongside a standard version of the codex supplement.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 4, 2021

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Those new black templars look sick. Kinda want to make my extra marines I got laying around into a small black templar army with the new combat patrol thing

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I love that they kept the Holy Hand Grenade in the upgrade kit.

edit: I am just now noticing that the transfer sheet doesn't have the proper size/color crosses for non-sword brethren

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 4, 2021

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Those new black templars look sick. Kinda want to make my extra marines I got laying around into a small black templar army with the new combat patrol thing

Personally I wouldn't want to play as a chapter so forgetful they have their swords tied to their hands like a pair of mittens.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Kitchner posted:

Personally I wouldn't want to play as a chapter so forgetful they have their swords tied to their hands like a pair of mittens.

Its so those badass relic weapons don't leave their babysitters behind.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Cooked Auto posted:

The shotgun arms are going to show up in Scout Conversions, I just know it.

I think, given that GW designed the Black Templar Primaris Neophytes with what looks like updated scout armor and have gone so far as to give them shotgun options in the upgrade sprue, that there's a very good chance we're going to see a Primaris Scout Squad (or maybe a Primaris Neophyte Squad for easier-to-trademark reasons) in the near future, probably as a Kill Team. The Kill Team Compendium Space Marine rules only allow you to field five guys at a time when almost everybody else gets ten; putting out a ten-man SM scout squad with more customization options than a typical Primaris release gets feels like it'd fit with the way Kill Team is handling things, and since this is all CAD, we can see that a bunch of the design work has already been done.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kitchner posted:

Don't act like you don't currently have your wallet connected to your jeans by a chain.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Lord give me the strength to not start a second concurrent primaris army 😑

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Floppychop posted:

I love that they kept the Holy Hand Grenade in the upgrade kit.

edit: I am just now noticing that the transfer sheet doesn't have the proper size/color crosses for non-sword brethren

I think the expectation is that you're supposed to use the sculpted pads (and buy as many upgrade kits as needed to have enough of them).

EDIT: Or buy the ForgeWorld Imperial Fist transfer sheet!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Stephenls posted:

I think the expectation is that you're supposed to use the sculpted pads (and buy as many upgrade kits as needed to have enough of them).

EDIT: Or buy the ForgeWorld Imperial Fist transfer sheet!

There's 9 models worth of shoulders in that kit. Oof.

Time to source some 3rd party transfers.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Floppychop posted:

Alternately, get some green stuff and thermoplastic ("blue stuff") and use it to transfer the sculpted crosses from the upgrade sprue pads onto other pads.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Castellan is amazing. I think I still have the GW store flyer that the BT battle pile art was first used on.

I think it was 1998ish and GW had started moving from the goblin green bases and chunky colorful guns for SM. The Sword Brethren's yellow plasma gun is still dope and his Medusa kneepad is badass.

bij fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 4, 2021

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
So they're releasing two Castellan models. One is called "Primaris Castellan with Master-Crafted Power Sword and Auto-Plasma," and the other one, based on the Blanche art, is called "Castellan with Master-Crafted Power Axe and Combi-Flamer." No "Primaris" in the name. And his helmet doesn't have the curved armor over the ear coverings like all Primaris helmets (including the one Primaris beaky helmet from the RG upgrade sprue) have.

When was the last time GW released a new Firstborn sculpt outside of Space Marine heroes? I think it must have been one of the limited edition terminators from mid-8th edition, right, the chaplain and the librarian?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Peachy says: "Yes, we know the Primaris Neophyte shoulders are really, really big. You can leave them off if you want; it's fine."

(Still from the new painting black armor to a battle ready standard video.)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Stephenls posted:

So they're releasing two Castellan models. One is called "Primaris Castellan with Master-Crafted Power Sword and Auto-Plasma," and the other one, based on the Blanche art, is called "Castellan with Master-Crafted Power Axe and Combi-Flamer." No "Primaris" in the name. And his helmet doesn't have the curved armor over the ear coverings like all Primaris helmets (including the one Primaris beaky helmet from the RG upgrade sprue) have.

When was the last time GW released a new Firstborn sculpt outside of Space Marine heroes? I think it must have been one of the limited edition terminators from mid-8th edition, right, the chaplain and the librarian?

It was 2017. If this is a new smolmarine, that’s a big deal.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Floppychop posted:

The Mighty Brush has a terrific set of Templar transfer sheets. Look to be every bit as good as this official version.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Paddyo posted:

The Mighty Brush has a terrific set of Templar transfer sheets. Look to be every bit as good as this official version.

Are they the correct size? I bought some from a different company a few years back when I was putting together some firstborn Templars and they were like 60% the size they should be and looked off.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Stephenls posted:

Didn’t they just drop the Grey Knight dude? Or did he go primaris in the lore?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

^burtle posted:

Didn’t they just drop the Grey Knight dude? Or did he go primaris in the lore?

Correct, Crowe is the other non-limited-release Firstborn since 8th dropped.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I always forget about the Grey Knights.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That's what they want you to do. Or else.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

SkyeAuroline posted:

Correct, Crowe is the other non-limited-release Firstborn since 8th dropped.

He even has the old school backpack.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Are they the correct size? I bought some from a different company a few years back when I was putting together some firstborn Templars and they were like 60% the size they should be and looked off.

Oh, yeah, these are legit. Hopefully you get an idea from this pic. They have a combo sheet with all different sizes and then a separate sheet that has nothing but shoulder pad-sized crosses in black, red, or white.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Paddyo posted:

Oh, yeah, these are legit. Hopefully you get an idea from this pic. They have a combo sheet with all different sizes and then a separate sheet that has nothing but shoulder pad-sized crosses in black, red, or white.

I actually just grabbed my old 3rd party transfers and some GW transfers and measured them.

The other ones I have are Ginfritters and they're 4mm

GW's are 6mm

Mighty Brush lists theres as 5.5mm.

From your pic they are noticeably smaller than GW's, which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't already have a bunch of models already done with GW's transfers. And the fact that they're narrower at the intersection would drive me crazy. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Funny! I was just thinking that I have so many models made with Might Brush transfers that I'll probably end up sticking with those rather than using the GW decals or sculpted shoulder pads. OCD is a real thing...

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Black Templar have just the right amount of goofy to take the piss out of yelling Space Marines that I'm real tempted to grab some.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bij posted:

The Castellan is amazing. I think I still have the GW store flyer that the BT battle pile art was first used on.

I think it was 1998ish and GW had started moving from the goblin green bases and chunky colorful guns for SM. The Sword Brethren's yellow plasma gun is still dope and his Medusa kneepad is badass.

That Castellan is gonna make a great Master of Sanctity conversion

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Am I a sausage fingered idiot or is the Devastator kit tricky to assemble? Managed the Sergeant but since then things have... deteriorated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I'd just like to say that I appreciate how dedicated the Black Templars are to the chained weapons aesthetic that the guy who has lightning claws, which are weapons fully integrated into his gauntlets, has just sort of wrapped some chain around his forearms.