Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probably gonna play Visage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

whoever came up with nightmares should be blasted out of an airlock
They're disappointing. By the time they appear you usually have like three OP abilities that can just delete them on sight, I think mine was just a shotgun

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Crowetron posted:

I'm gonna play a Fatal Frame

I am very excited to finally play maiden of the black water in October

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Possibly replaying silent hill 1-4, also have parasite eve and fatal frame 2 both of which I never started, and watching gf finish re2make

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

whoever came up with nightmares should be blasted out of an airlock

only if mr endlessly respawning security bots can go with them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

only if mr endlessly respawning security bots can go with them

i just hit my first one of these and its hosed up.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I'll be playing resident evil 6 if I can trick a friend into co op with me. It's not scary however

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spiking posted:

I'll be playing resident evil 6 if I can trick a friend into co op with me. It's not scary however

It’s fun.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

cmon now

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
unsure if metro exodus counts as scary but has anyone else played the new edition? i tried playing the original last year and there was a bug that stopped progression completely with no work around.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
I have the Xbox disc and I'm.just waiting for the next gen update to install lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

unsure if metro exodus counts as scary but has anyone else played the new edition? i tried playing the original last year and there was a bug that stopped progression completely with no work around.

It's scarily boring, scary to play as a character who falls over and gets crippled in a scripted first person cutwcene every 20 minutes, etc

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's scarily boring, scary to play as a character who falls over and gets crippled in a scripted first person cutwcene every 20 minutes, etc

gameplay aint the greatest true but its very pretty and a good reason to push my 3070 to the limits

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
maybe ill do the newest resident evil instead, not feeling like replaying half a game and supposedly village owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

gameplay aint the greatest true but its very pretty and a good reason to push my 3070 to the limits
I tested my new 3070 on the original version last year but was a bit disappointed, ray tracing was a huge resource hog and either it or DLSS gave lots of stuff an unpleasant plastic sheen. Let me know if the updated version is better for that sort of thing, definitely took some of the shine off having a fancy new card lol

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Halloween is my absolute favourite gaming time.

I recently got an xBox S so I can sit on the couch and play games on my telly, so I'll probably stick to Gamepass stuff. That said I've already started Prey, but my real Halloween poo poo is The Evil Within which I got most of the way through a couple of years ago. Also might try to finish the best RE (7) and see what Outlast 2 is all about.

I've also had an itch, for ages, to get back into Dying Light, might scratch that.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i didnt really enjoy Evil Within 1 that much because it felt like it wanted to do a bunch of things like stealth and ammo management and then it would throw a bunch of hard to kill enemies at you like resident evil 4. it was really frustrating. Evil Within 2 is a lot better and a much more coherent game imo.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

Probably gonna play Visage

Scariest part is accidentally becoming a pill junky when all you wanted to do was light a loving candle.

(It's fun tho)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Going to play Village, Evil Within 2 and that Observer game with Rutger Hauer that got a upgraded edition even though like 5 people played it apparently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

not sure if it counts really but I started playing Dead Rising. Weird rear end game, the UI is awesomely lovely for an HD console era release

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Re8 is gorgeous drat

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

In Training posted:

not sure if it counts really but I started playing Dead Rising. Weird rear end game, the UI is awesomely lovely for an HD console era release

I like dead rising a lot but it absolute feels like a much older game with the weird ui and the terrible survivor ai

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I picked up DR2: Off the Record (which I understand to be a weird pseudo sequel to 2 starring the protagonist from 1?) a few years ago and played a few hours, but I just could not really get into it. Get the impression it hasn't aged all that well, I quit during an awful boss fight with, I think, a tiger? I had to run around and find beer bottles to throw at it while spamming dodge roll or something. Awful stuff.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Playing Luigis mansion 3

copy
Jul 26, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

Re8 is gorgeous drat

it's loving amazing. I fell into that game for a few weeks just beating it over and over. Mercenaries mode was a lot of fun too.

Started a run of RE7 and finally got the scene where jack cuts your leg off. Even knowing it was coming it was still freaked me out some lol. Great dang game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Playing the DLC for outer wilds and it’s both spooky and really loving good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I forgot my copy of alien isolation was on disc and I don't have it anymore so gonna play RE2 and RE7 which I already have on Digital.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

In Training posted:

its a pretty unique game. dead rising 2 has all the same concepts and is a lot less awkward to play imo.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

I like dead rising a lot but it absolute feels like a much older game with the weird ui and the terrible survivor ai

that generation of console games was dogshit to look at and we lived in low draw distance hell. a few keepers tho.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's impressive how many zombies they managed to fit on screen in Dead Rising especially when you're driving around in the maintenance tunnels.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
*on the turd factory tour* i am impressed by the number of pieces of poo poo on display

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I got the tude now posted:

*on the turd factory tour* i am impressed by the number of pieces of poo poo on display

you need to gently caress off retard

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That's an odd thing to call your family reunion.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

but your their top seller!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i got the turd now

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
thinking about outlast 2 after i beat re8, but kinda surprised its 30 bucks. been out since 2017 but maybe its Just That Good

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's impressive how many zombies they managed to fit on screen in Dead Rising especially when you're driving around in the maintenance tunnels.

theres an achievement in dr1 for killing as many zombies as people lived in willamette or w/e the game takes place. like 65000 zombies. and the only way to really do it within the games 3 day timer is to drive a car through the maintenance tunnels for 3 days straight because that's the only place with a high enough density of zombies. i don't remember if you even get anything for it. good times though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Outhouse Poo

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

one of my favorite parts of playing dead rising was replaying it. I'd try to rescue more and more survivors, go jam out to Gone Guru, or just haul rear end to the maintenance tunnel and run over as many zombies as possible. I remember seeing the population sign in the starting cutscene and me and a buddy made that our target. Lot of fun weird campy poo poo. I think 2 prob handled stuff better over all but 1 was still really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Muscle Wizard posted:

theres an achievement in dr1 for killing as many zombies as people lived in willamette or w/e the game takes place. like 65000 zombies. and the only way to really do it within the games 3 day timer is to drive a car through the maintenance tunnels for 3 days straight because that's the only place with a high enough density of zombies. i don't remember if you even get anything for it. good times though.

You get the Real Mega Buster which is the best weapon in the game and can kill any boss in about two or three shots. It's pretty cool.