Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got banned from facebook ages ago so this doesn't affect me

also i don't have any friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
I prefer LInux Princiapl

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

Oh Bye Mark

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

yeah twitter is hanging by a thread right now; half the posts won't load replies

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I prefer LInux Princiapl

lmao yospos

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

yeah twitter is hanging by a thread right now; half the posts won't load replies

Think u mean hanging by. A 🧵 [1/?]

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
if the internet goes down, I may have to work from the office…the horror

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Zisky posted:

Lmao that they tied physical access credentials to their employees' Facebook accounts.
the hubris of putting fb, ig, whatsapp etc on the same network, putting frontend, backend access, and even the IoT of your buildings on the same network and all the other little things they did that allowed this to happen that even an entry-level networking scrub could point to and say "doing it like that is probably gonna backfire"

its fantastic content

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
stuNow we are friends

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The conspiracy part of my brain wants to think Facebook is down to stop this story from spreading. But people will tend to notice when movies stop being made again.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao fox business news just reported that facebooks servers got taken by a crypto ransomeware

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ye syes, drink it up.. drink the CONTENT Up.... quaff is down like a mighty mead!!! just dont look behind u, where the real action is happening!!!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
My sister thinks this is happening because people are discovering THE TRUTH about covid and that its fake but also can be stopped with horse glue or w/e

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
lol good, stay down forever, gently caress facebook

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

the hubris of putting fb, ig, whatsapp etc on the same network, putting frontend, backend access, and even the IoT of your buildings on the same network and all the other little things they did that allowed this to happen that even an entry-level networking scrub could point to and say "doing it like that is probably gonna backfire"

its fantastic content

facebooks mission is to make the entire internet route through facebook why wouldn't that include their own intranet

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I think this is one of the “better” photos my iPhone 7 can muster. weather was rolling in and I had a little over a mile to get out. rain + volcanic ash didn’t feel like a fun setup to hang out in. incredible, though, driving out under the orange glow of an active volcano.

I‘ll be moving back to the 616 mid October once I wrap things up in Colorado. I’ll see ya there!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
Giving every VLAN online access

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1445058888659783693

gregday
May 23, 2003

cumshitter posted:

lmao fox business news just reported that facebooks servers got taken by a crypto ransomeware

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1445090512101384195

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

cumshitter posted:

bullshit

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

ok wow this is mixing scifi properties way too much

mods

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I haven't seen any other confirmation than this though so who knows

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frankenfreak posted:

its fantastic content
i should be shocked how loving stupid this is, but whatsapp being on exactly the same network as the big wobbly mess that is facebook is just :stare:

like i could see having instagram on the same network, but whatsapp is such a totally different service and so instrumental to the communications of like... billions of people

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

allah willing facebook's infrastructure will come back online with a trillion tiny split brain conditions and network storms etc

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

can somebody call trump , i need to know how to feel

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

the best thing about Tommy wiseau is that he’s exactly as weird as he seems

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1445086082983469063

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Log082 posted:

bullshit

are you calling mea liar you gently caress????

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can we just get rid of Facebook proper and keep FB Messenger around? I'd take that trade in a heartbeat.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

:holy:

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Can we just get rid of Facebook proper and keep FB Messenger around? I'd take that trade in a heartbeat.
no, how does this benefit advertisers?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

this would never happen uinder trump!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
*assadishly* Who will be deleted at midnight?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Bar Crow posted:

*assadishly* Who will be deleted at midnight?

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

cumshitter posted:

are you calling mea liar you gently caress????

the world isn't good enough for facebook to get their servers crypto'd

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

is there some forums thread following the technical details of the facebook clusterfuck?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lpzie posted:

this would never happen uinder trump!

trumps twitter account was load bearing

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

is there some forums thread following the technical details of the facebook clusterfuck?

sit down, relax, u found it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

thrawn527 posted:

The conspiracy part of my brain wants to think Facebook is down to stop this story from spreading. But people will tend to notice when movies stop being made again.

if you're into mid-20th century big band jazz stuff, the profusion of recordings of jazzy "classical" music around 1940 was the result of a writers strike