Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Organza Quiz posted:

He is doing very well for himself.

Very well at the ABC means he still can’t afford to buy a house in Sydney though per a FTAGH a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Very well at the ABC means he still can’t afford to buy a house in Sydney though per a FTAGH a while ago.

im sorry but this severely understates the weirdness of the story, which involved him having to explain why he bought a new thing of mints every day, which was that he didn't want Hum to know that he'd also bought a juice on the way home from work, so he has to hide it with mints

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

eke out posted:

im sorry but this severely understates the weirdness of the story, which involved him having to explain why he bought a new thing of mints every day, which was that he didn't want Hum to know that he'd also bought a juice on the way home from work, so he has to hide it with mints

The fact that Hing thinks he has to cover up juice smell on a daily basis is so utterly bizarre. A lot of Hing's stories, I actually can relate to on some level, at least in the form of "I can see how his brain got from point A to point B", but the juice-hiding just completely eludes me.

This is all to say that while Hing would make an incredible Taskmaster for when the show finally gets an Australian version, having him as a contestant would be infinitely more entertaining.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hing's brain just works in weird ways.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Alex Lee for taskmaster IMO - the only one who can pull off high status without being immediately bullied.

Someone like Carlo Ritchie for taskmaster’s assistant.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
By the way, Hing has been doing the rounds in a bunch of podcasts. So far I've checked out his episodes in both Do Go On and Plumbing The Death Star and he's great on both.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Testekill posted:

Hing's brain just works in weird ways.

Doesn't Dave give him the positive and/or negative trait "freakbrain" in the one-off apocalypse game they sometimes play?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It's nice to have the streams coming in all regular again.

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1443155136272994306
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1162429514?filter=all&sort=time

And since it'll be going with the 'try to have 1 DM, 1 pool of players for 3 episode arcs', this episode is also DM-ed by Edan.

Once Edan's "The Gents" arc is over, Dave will take over for an arc.
And then Demi, Alex has also signed up to be a Dm. I'm super pumped to see more of Demi's cheery body horror, and am really curious how Alex is going to be as a DM.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hing's show honestly started pretty good, he's doing a good job hosting

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
does his show involve showing off his very impractical and expensive top because after the last two Free to a Good Home episodes it's all I can think of, that and deceptively heavy cubes

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

sexpig by night posted:

does his show involve showing off his very impractical and expensive top because after the last two Free to a Good Home episodes it's all I can think of, that and deceptively heavy cubes

I really hope Ben ends up buying the cube

Of all the DF cast, he comes across as the one who can most easily be peer pressured into buying a cube

Also you can watch Hing's show on youtube (remember to not read the comments because Australian comedy fans are the worst):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLcL8yKGmY

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

inthesto posted:

(remember to not read the comments because Australian comedy fans are the worst):

quote:

these days....
train people to laugh and clap while procrastinating and you're a comedian'.
make people laugh spontaneously and you're cancelled.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

inthesto posted:

I really hope Ben ends up buying the cube

Of all the DF cast, he comes across as the one who can most easily be peer pressured into buying a cube

Also you can watch Hing's show on youtube (remember to not read the comments because Australian comedy fans are the worst):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLcL8yKGmY

hey this is good! As an uncultured american swine I don't watch a ton of panel shows aside from random youtube binges and all but this is a cool format and everyone was funny, I hope Hing gets good reviews from the non-youtube comment and actually meaningful sources!

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The show being called letters and numbers is a constant freakout though

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also as someone who literally got nearly put in special ed due to my bad math scores I was genuinely a bit awestruck by Hing so casually saying the first numbers bit was easy and walking through it. I always forget that crazy brain is also big.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

he's also very good at spotting funny words

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sexpig by night posted:

Also as someone who literally got nearly put in special ed due to my bad math scores I was genuinely a bit awestruck by Hing so casually saying the first numbers bit was easy and walking through it. I always forget that crazy brain is also big.

I'm normally pretty garbage at the numbers bit but I had the same reaction as Hing to that one, I couldn't believe no one else got it cos it was just addition and subtraction. Sometimes answers just stare ya right in the face I guess

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Ainsley McTree posted:

he's also very good at spotting funny words

That one was a gimme tho.

Also yeah, that first numbers was pretty wild noone got it

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I can't believe hing really bought the top lmao

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I've watched a bit of 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown and I've learned that I'm absolute dogshit at anagrams in general. I don't know how people do it, but I'm loving over the moon if I can even pull together a five letter word.

The math game was hard for me at first, but I've gotten pretty decent at it with a bit of practice. I think I got them all during the DF streams, and only missed one this episode. It's bizarre because I'm much more of a verbal than mathematical person.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

New Super Metis posted:

I can't believe hing really bought the top lmao

I'm not caught up on FtaGH and only know of the tops from Tom's streams, have they talked about Humanium©, the metal they use made from melted down illegal firearms?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Psychepath posted:

I'm not caught up on FtaGH and only know of the tops from Tom's streams, have they talked about Humanium©, the metal they use made from melted down illegal firearms?

no and you must never tell them or Hing will find a way to buy a car made of it and he and his wife will never get their drat house.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’m pretty sure they did mention the gun metal one but Hing only had eyes for the blue titanium Foreverspin™ one

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The Humanium was cheaper and seemed to genuinely interest him, but he was already too taken with the Very Expensive Blue Titanium.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I am only 15 minutes into the newest FTAGH but it is already an all-timer.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lumbermouth posted:

I am only 15 minutes into the newest FTAGH but it is already an all-timer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Walker_(comedian)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

This is the specific version they're talking about https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tom_Walker_(comedian)&stableid=1047622801

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

quote:

Reason for the nomination: It is an image of a living person which has been manipulated in a way that ridicules the person, yet is still a clearly identifiable image of that person, meaning that COM:BLP applies. Regarding relevant consent laws, the image was taken in the person's home in Australia and they did not give consent for it to be manipulated or uploaded here or used on any WMF projects. He has actively expressed distress at both the existence of the image and at its use on WMF (specifically English Wikipedia) - episode 154 of the podcast "Free to a Good Home", time 47:03 to 49:10.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i hope they talk about this next time tom's on the podcast

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
It's amazing how Tom is bullied by everyone in his life, including fans who are not actually a part of his life

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

It's amazing how Tom is bullied by everyone in his life, including fans who are not actually a part of his life

It was a bold strategy to launch his twitch career with a premise of "you may humiliate/annoy me in exchange for money" but he does seem to be consistently moving away from that, so hopefully he's in a happy place now

But then again he did describe streaming on a recent GDA stream as "that thing that looks like fun but feels like work" so who knows. it's a livin

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Tom seems like a nice fellow and I wish him well

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ainsley McTree posted:

But then again he did describe streaming on a recent GDA stream as "that thing that looks like fun but feels like work" so who knows. it's a livin

As somebody who has tried to do regular streaming before, this is just how an ordinary person's brain works

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I guess Hing will be going on Joe Rogan soon.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Firstscion posted:

I guess Hing will be going on Joe Rogan soon.

*Instrumental of All The Small Things begins to play*

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Latest episode of Gribbits is a banger

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've only just started it, but "It is a truly beautiful morning on fantasy sunday" is a great hook

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I'm still working through the excellent 3rd Demi-channeling-200-orphans session, but a new arc started this week, with Alex Lee taking over the reigns for this next 3-episode arc.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1233994885

(Honestly, Edan ending up handing Demi 200 orphans for her arc was just unintentionally perfect.)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SubNat posted:

I'm still working through the excellent 3rd Demi-channeling-200-orphans session, but a new arc started this week, with Alex Lee taking over the reigns for this next 3-episode arc.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1233994885

(Honestly, Edan ending up handing Demi 200 orphans for her arc was just unintentionally perfect.)

She really leaned into it, and it worked like hell, it was a very fun arc. Excited to see what Alex does, I don't think she's ever DM'd before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this feels like the right thread to ask: Does anyone know which bst episode has the segment where they read Mario smut