Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

A jargogle posted:

My game crashed at the exact moment I hit exit after downloading Spamton. With the creepy blank shop music. It had never crashed for me prior to this. I had such a feeling of dread when loading the game up afterwards, I can't even.

Are you running the latest version? iirc 1.00 had a crash issue with that screen if you pushed a certain button during that sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Impermanent posted:

Asgore is more divorced than Dubois but only barely.

Hard disagree on this. Dora moved halfway around the world, and not only did Harry track her down and get her number, he called her so many times he burned the entire international interchange into muscle memory, burying it so deep that not even alcohol oblivion could take it away from him. Now, it's possible that the incident that got Asgore dropped from the force was his violent beating of a public nuisance when they accidentally endangered Asgore's precious "blue heart". We don't have a definite timeline there, but I don't really see any foreshadowing pointing that way in particular.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Divorced Energy is different than Bad Breakup Energy smh

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I'm interested to see what happens with Susie because we know less about her than we do Noelle, but her role so far seems to be Miss "just happy to be here" and it really strongly drives the events in the game. Susie is just loving stoked to be here and the tea stuff- if it means anything indicates she just loves everybody who manages to get past her walls.

It would seem like getting really deep into her character could change her role in all this. Toby gets into heavy stuff but I really doubt at this point we're gonna get the thing people seem to be dreading which is finding out Susie's household is abusive. I'm kinda leaning towards her being unhoused/abandoned. She's tall and strong and has a mouth full of razor sharp teeth so her just being too intimidating to approach for most of the other kids explains a lot.

Also explains why the two class weirdos, Noelle and Kris- gravitated to her.

This would make sense, especially because she instantly gets along with Noelle's father - it's not like she's intimidated by adults in general.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Not that the forums needs a starwalker emote, but if it had one, I'd want it to have the empty space before it, like so

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

DanielCross posted:

Sorry, I meant playthroughs or streams of other people playing through the game, who are carrying over their Chapter 1 data rather than starting fresh from Chapter 2.

I've definitely done all that myself, including the Original Starwalker.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1154544011

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
New theory for the Snowgrave route: Susie will not only be the final boss of the entire route, but she'll turn into Burning Susiezilla as a parallel to Undyne the Undying...probably without the threat of taking the entire world with her when she blows up, because that seems just a mote too depressing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Supersonic Shine posted:

New theory for the Snowgrave route: Susie will not only be the final boss of the entire route, but she'll turn into Burning Susiezilla as a parallel to Undyne the Undying...probably without the threat of taking the entire world with her when she blows up, because that seems just a mote too depressing.

So you want the roaring and snow to cover the world? Well, how about this... (Susie roars, her atomic breath melting the ice and snow in the area)

Some other flavor text to reference the Demon Core/Tickling the dragons' tail also

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ash Rose posted:

Based on my friend Jade's chapter 2 playthrough.

https://twitter.com/flwr_jade/status/1445072016726503424

lightners and dankners

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Snowgrave stuff: apparently there's special dialogue if Kris gets KO'd during the Berdley fight

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/mimikabii/status/1443551009381437445

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/pupcircus/status/1445026156797997064

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A thing I realized last night re: snowgrave

you are telling Noelle to use spells, rather than Kris ACTing her

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bee posted:

Kris isn't a man, though.

O...Kay? Kris is "they", ie not fSusie. They are, however, 'anyone at all' and the person she goes out of her way to hang out with the most.

Lord_Magmar posted:

No Susie is pretty clearly into Noelle, or at least all the narrative language used around it is that Susie and Noelle are into eachother and just can't talk to eachother about it because teenagers and emotions.

I just don't see it any more than how she acts with Kris or even ralsei at this point. Susie likes everyone, everyone likes susie. I don't see anything that makes it like, romantic like it is for Noelle (or Berdley).

Abyssal Squid posted:

Noelle is into Susie and Susie likes the attention but is oblivious to its meaning. You can headcanon Susie as lesbian or ace or anything and it's not (currently) contradicted by the text.

The one thing we know for sure is that Susie is utterly stoked to have people who care about her.

Yeah that's what I was trying to get at. She just likes having friends at this point.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 4, 2021

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sockser posted:

Yeah, after Kris gets KO'd, it becomes extremely obvious that you are talking with Noelle personally. Same with "You whispered Noelle's name..." at the end.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sockser posted:

I was gonna say this wasn't anything to note because the game text uses "you" for every action Kris takes, but then I looked up some side B stuff and noticed that at the end of the boss fight, the acts specifically say "Kris called for help. ...but nobody came," until the successful act instead says "you whispered Noelle's name."

The you/Kris distinction only exists on that route, and there are a ton of hints that it's important.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sockser posted:

Is there a reason to believe this is particularly different from how all other spells are cast? It's technically always our action - we're controlling the menu, usually with the heart, right? That said, it's made blindingly obvious that Noelle is aware of our presence/"voice" in snowgrave probably because it's become so out of alignment with Kris' desires?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Acerbatus posted:

I just don't see it any more than how she acts with Kris or even ralsei at this point. Susie likes everyone, everyone likes susie. I don't see anything that makes it like, romantic like it is for Noelle (or Berdley).

The Noelle's room/Ferris wheel scenes do have more of a romantic undertonei. She remembers the first time she met Noelle and has always been nice to (read: never picked on) her since then, she explicitly says she's comfortable in Noelle's company, and she wags her tail.

She has never wagged her tail for Kris or Ralsei.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait.

She has a tail??

I could've sworn Noelle confirmed otherwise for me...

Anyways I haven't done that so if that's the case, fair enough. I just get annoyed at how people can be like "two characters like spending time with each other they must be IN LOVE", it can be so shallow.

Like Ralsei having a thing for Kris I could see, but there's nothing that indicates Kris likes Ralsei much so people that insist that it's totally canon are annoying.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 4, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Susie seems quite insistent that she doesn’t (and if she did it’d probably be a small one kept hidden under her pants).

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The you/Kris distinction only exists on that route, and there are a ton of hints that it's important.

That's not entirely true, though it's most explicit there. Kris viscerally hates interacting with Spamton from the first encounter, backing up from him three separate times just in his initial monologue. The shop dialogue drops a lot of hints that Kris is having a bad time, and then they have a panic attack when Susie talks about Spamton's puppet metaphor. Kris pretty clearly would have avoided all that if it were up to them.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
So, uh, has anyone hosed around with the shadowcrystal/glass from beating jevil and Spamton NEO yet? Someone said something about getting weird dialogue like twice, and never followed up

Jen X fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 4, 2021

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Acerbatus posted:

Wait.

She has a tail??

I rest my case.

Acerbatus posted:

I could've sworn Noelle confirmed otherwise for me...

It's their little secret. :ssh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

Anyways I haven't done that

haven’t done what? the Ferris wheel scene? It’s impossible to miss unless you repeatedly tell Ralsei no when he asks if you want to check up on Susie

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

Are you running the latest version? iirc 1.00 had a crash issue with that screen if you pushed a certain button during that sequence.

Ah yeah I figured that out after the fact - problem was I went complete radio blackout after downloading the game. I was just relaying the incident as it gave me the unique bad feeling of "Toby wouldn't do that again would he?"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Abyssal Squid posted:

That's not entirely true, though it's most explicit there. Kris viscerally hates interacting with Spamton from the first encounter, backing up from him three separate times just in his initial monologue. The shop dialogue drops a lot of hints that Kris is having a bad time, and then they have a panic attack when Susie talks about Spamton's puppet metaphor. Kris pretty clearly would have avoided all that if it were up to them.

Oh I didn't mean to imply that Kris has no agency whatsoever, there's plenty of hints they have feelings about things that are happening and are unhappy with some actions you can take. What I'm referring to is that I don't think the menu text ever refers to Kris and you as separate entities. All of Kris' actions are like "you drank the hot chocolate," "you told Noelle to act smart," consistently referring to them as "you," except for Side B acts like "Kris called for help." There's plenty of story events that refer to Kris as their own person, but the gameplay elements do not make the distinction outside of Side B. Not entirely unlike the mirror message in Undertale changing from "It's you!" to "it's me" if you go down the bad time road, although with rather different implications.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

don't forget that spamton's shop is the only one that says "ESCAPE" instead of "EXIT" (if i remember correctly)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

don't forget that spamton's shop is the only one that says "ESCAPE" instead of "EXIT" (if i remember correctly)

Yeah, but it's easy to write off since Spamton's whole shop interface is kinda hosed up.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Hot new Deltarune theory: Spamton used to be normal sized but got dunked in the acid by Swatch

src

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Procrastine posted:

Hot new Deltarune theory: Spamton used to be normal sized but got dunked in the acid by Swatch

src

So he was literally Joker-fied? :hmmyes:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

So he was literally Joker-fied? :hmmyes:

he was unfortunately left in the jokerifier a little too long

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got to play Chapter 1 and 2 again thanks to the switch release (RIP laptop) and boy oh boy is there so much to unpack from this game.

was I the only one who was really disconcerted by Ralsei clipping out of bounds after the Spamton Neo fight? I tried to see if it was a border thing that I could step into as well but nope, Susie pushes him right out of bounds and no one seems to care. Like I was giving him the benefit of the doubt for most of the game (even hugged him in the boat ride) but when Susie of all people is connecting with you more in this case and you get hugged and told to ignore everything that just happened… I don’t like that… and when you go back with that knowledge and start to see patterns of manipulation I really feel uneasy about the fluffy boy now.

Also by the end of chapter two his niceness (I think that’s the stat) is decreasing making me also go what the hell

also Side B/snowgrave has peaked my interest in a way I haven’t felt in a game in a long time. I’m as flowey said a sicko that likes to watch but too weak to do it but the story and lines of thought that scenario brings up is just so intriguing. On top of that with 5 more chapters this could cause so many more possible branches it’s amazing to think of how he’s gonna cover it all. Hoping that this doesn’t put Toby in corner story wise that we end up with a Mass Effect 3 ending. I know that Toby is much better at this then EA but the concern is there that he could do something like that or burn out from all the options

Really want chapter three now… :ohdear:

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

I NOTICED THAT TOO AND WONDERED WHY NO ONE MENTIONED IT, granted it's a small thing next to ALL THESE OTHER THINGS in the game but yeah. That made me double take. When Ralsei stepped off the path, I mean.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I think I assumed that was a bug, or a joke like Toby running you over in that one area

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I assume Ralsei lost a single point of niceness because Susie taught him sarcasm.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
A joke? Maybe. Not a bug though. Character actions in cutscenes are totally scripted.

Toby explicitly had him step into negative space. Considering the overall seriousness of the scene, it also doesn't really read as a joke.

But it also doesn't mean anything that I can tell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's because Ralsei is Gaster

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ikanreed posted:

A joke? Maybe. Not a bug though. Character actions in cutscenes are totally scripted.

Toby explicitly had him step into negative space. Considering the overall seriousness of the scene, it also doesn't really read as a joke.

It's definitely intended. If he needed a wider space the area itself could have been expanded to avoid Ralsei noclipping.

Course we have no idea what that means in the grand scheme of things at the moment.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

ikanreed posted:

But that’s where I’m getting at here. Kris is super distraught from this fight. Goosebumps present, screaming, super upset and Susie is empathizing with you over this (which made me like her even more). Then Ralsie comes over, gives you a hug which is nice but then tells you to forget about it as if killing someone that yearned for freedom (inadvertently no less in the pacifist run) is no big deal. It’s just so off…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

YggiDee posted:

I assume Ralsei lost a single point of niceness because Susie taught him sarcasm.
Here's stats from right before the end of Chapter 1 compared to the beginning of Chapter 2 in the town (the only significant difference is the top was taken without Devilsknife equipped on Susie while the bottom does have it on).

It's technically two different stats being shown (Kindness 100 vs. Sweetness 97), but I do assume learning sarcasm influenced him.