Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

well that sucks. can i still put them in my srw fanfic
dude im working on a srw rpgmaker game with girls und panzer and star fox in it, do i look like the cops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

dude im working on a srw rpgmaker game with girls und panzer and star fox in it, do i look like the cops?

point taken. please look forward to my srw featuring g gundam, symphogear, demonbane, macross and zombieland saga.

and before you ask what in the gently caress could the girls fight in zls, there's a spinoff manga where a living tae fightrs demons in saga. you could just make them kaiju sized. oh and also those aliens that showed up at the end of revenge

speaning of zombies and mecha i thought this poo poo was hilarious

https://twitter.com/shoot_drive/status/1085806273294024704

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 5, 2021

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

why do you ask the thread's permission for everything

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

why do you ask the thread's permission for everything

because i'm afraid i'll be seen as a moron and i don't have a lot of self-confidence

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Willo567 posted:

because i'm afraid i'll be seen as a moron

Everyone that posts in this thread is a moron by default.

Even me.

Especially me.

Endorph posted:

its because its not really a mecha show in any real way. it could maybe get into the mobages since those play more fast and loose but even strike witches would fit more than symphogear would. people point to tekkaman, but tekkaman is fully armored, has a mech as a sidekick, and is in a setting where mechs and fighter spaceships do actually exist, and the bulk of the action takes place in space. symphogear is a magical girl show with very occasional sci-fi elements and the girls have random mechanical bits on them.

Now do Date-A-Live.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Now do Date-A-Live.
id rather not

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You're no fun. :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I miss my school rumble dvds :c

Shions of Qud

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Furnaceface posted:

Everyone that posts in this thread is a moron by default.

Even me.

Especially me.

I just feel like I have a poo poo ton of dumb obsessions that I try not to talk about but end up doing anyways, and that I'm constantly paranoid my opinion on poo poo is wrong or that i have bad taste in things

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

now that you mention it,

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

I just feel like I have a poo poo ton of dumb obsessions that I try not to talk about but end up doing anyways, and that I'm constantly paranoid my opinion on poo poo is wrong or that i have bad taste in things
just do and say what you want. literally nobody can stop you. there's no such thing as a 'wrong' opinion.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

oh hell yes. do you have a working series list?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

oh hell yes. do you have a working series list?

do not expect this to ever get made. im writing stuff down and messing with the rpgmaker srw engine but its a little jank + i have zero spriting or animation experience so for the time being my animations are literally just jpgs found on google images being dragged and dropped around. so its gaogaigar in t.

quote:

*Godzilla: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
*Star Fox: Assault
*Star Fox: Command (Units Only)
*Metal Storm
*Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days
*Girls und Panzer
*Girls und Panzer der Film
Idolmaster Xenoglossia
*The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
*Granbelm
Muv-Luv Alternative
*Kirby: Planet Robobot
*Kirby Super Star Ultra (Units Only)
*Metal Wolf Chaos
*Liberation Maiden
*Kannazuki no Miko
*Transformers: Car Robots
*Transformers: Shell Game
*Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Willo567 posted:

just post

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

do not expect this to ever get made. im writing stuff down and messing with the rpgmaker srw engine but its a little jank + i have zero spriting or animation experience so for the time being my animations are literally just jpgs found on google images being dragged and dropped around. so its gaogaigar in t.

Finally. Xenoglossia.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

look, if people could handle OG1's animations,

quote:

*Kirby: Planet Robobot
*Kirby Super Star Ultra (Units Only)
never realized just how many quasi-mecha this game had. flagship Halberd? playable Dyna Blade? classic!Kablua piloted by King Dedede & Bandana Dee?? also: imo, the level in Milky Way Wishes where you shoot out Galactic Nova's internal cores is an srw stage waiting to happen... alas, the intricacies of the Kirby timeline do not permit it

conclusion: solid series list, but if I played a game with granbelm in it and there wasn't a secret to save anna, I would cry. +an alternate granbelm route where you convince suishou the floating castle/root of magic is the source of her angst and team up with her to bring it down... granbelm being a battle royale means it has basically endless secret/route possibilities, really

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dont worry anna secret was definitely on the table. and, well, if yazan can be recruited suishou is workable.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I'm just jonesing for a Magiaconatus fight. It's up there floating ominously in the sky from the start of the series, but it never reveals a death cannon or transforms into a mecha or anything

look at it! how is the purple sigil in front never used to fire a giant laser! Chekhov must be rolling in his grave

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mlm vs wlw

Elephant Parade posted:

I'm just jonesing for a Magiaconatus fight. It's up there floating ominously in the sky from the start of the series, but it never reveals a death cannon or transforms into a mecha or anything

look at it! how is the purple sigil in front never used to fire a giant laser! Chekhov must be rolling in his grave

yeah i figured the granbelm metaplot stuff can tie into geass, kannazuki, and kirby. maybe magiconatus and nova are the same thing? or similar things? robobot confirms multiple novas exist so magiaconatus could be something of the same 'species'

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Open question for the thread just because I want to see the range of opinions: we've obviously made the Tekkaman comparison, but would Geah in SRW be more or less of a stretch than Cowboy Bebop?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

that's a good list endorph, especially kirby and star fox

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Willo567 posted:

What you have are interests, not obsessions. Being passionate about some of them is good and healthy. Not everyone will share that passion, and that is also normal and good.

Im over 40 which makes me ancient in anime years so you should listen to my sagely wisdom.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Open question for the thread just because I want to see the range of opinions: we've obviously made the Tekkaman comparison, but would Geah in SRW be more or less of a stretch than Cowboy Bebop?
Depends onh ow you wanna look at it. Symphogear has way more plot that could actually connect with anything else and be playable (unless you want to give Vicious a gundam), but on the flipside its easier to justify Bebop just being a facet of the setting. Like all you need to do to justify Bebop is say space fighters exist and thats about it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I cooked up a Costco pork roast for my mom because she is having a rough post-chemo week this week and wanted to cheer her up via a nice home cooked meal. The gravy turned out perfect and the roast just fell apart after 4 hours in the oven at low temp. Whipped up some red potatoes to go with it.

If this doesnt put a smile on her face nothing will. :colbert:

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

yeah i figured the granbelm metaplot stuff can tie into geass, kannazuki, and kirby. maybe magiconatus and nova are the same thing? or similar things? robobot confirms multiple novas exist so magiaconatus could be something of the same 'species'
now this is the kind of crossover twist srw games live for. plus it gives an excuse for granbelm units to keep working after the granbelm finale. "uhhhh you blew up magiaconatus but all the other novas are still perpetuating magic throughout the galaxy in accordance with the wish that brought it into existence 30,000 years ago. sorry 'bout that. on the bright side, you aren't a ghost!"

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

although letting the granbelm finale + consequent unit removal happen as-is would be both thematically appropriate and really funny

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
a good lesson to not base your passions on other people. if i had to ask permission to like hellsinker i wouldve gotten "what the gently caress are you talking about?" because most people, it turns out, do not know or care about a pc doujin shmup from 2006. and yet they frankly should at least know, because its a very interesting project even in an entirely meta sense in terms of the boundaries it pushed, the later projects it inspired, the fun bits of internet history it happens to be part of.

also its a cool game and it rules.

play hellsinker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdxuXU86lBs

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's me, I'm the forum cops, and I say that for purposes of fanfic the Symphogears are mecha.

I haven't watched Sympho yet, maybe one day.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

although letting the granbelm finale + consequent unit removal happen as-is would be both thematically appropriate and really funny

removing magic would also kill the kaiju since theyre all magic in giant monsters all out attack

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

other fun note about that series list that is entirely accidental: king ghidorah is explained as a reincarnation of orochi in giant monsters all out attack, which obviously ties in super well to the kannazuki no miko stuff

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Endorph posted:

*Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally

Speaking of people fighting robots with their bare hands... :allears:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ibblebibble posted:

I haven't watched Sympho yet

quote:

, maybe one day.

Bonus best anime character ever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ardeem posted:

Speaking of people fighting robots with their bare hands... :allears:

yeah nightmare of nunnally lowkey rules, criminally underrated

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Furnaceface posted:

I cooked up a Costco pork roast for my mom because she is having a rough post-chemo week this week and wanted to cheer her up via a nice home cooked meal. The gravy turned out perfect and the roast just fell apart after 4 hours in the oven at low temp. Whipped up some red potatoes to go with it.

If this doesnt put a smile on her face nothing will. :colbert:
You're a good kid

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you want a symphogear game rn your best hope is that one crossover game on ps3 or idk, play honkai and squint?

I half expected it to show up in gbf but that never happened.

dogsicle posted:

eating the tube of orange concentrate from the freezer like a giant pushpop

Some people don't do this?

Endorph posted:

mlm vs wlw

That got an en release? Huh, cool.

Willo567 posted:

I like tons of things that I'd never recommend because I think they're kinda bad. I beat let it die f2p! The secret is stop making a big deal or being annoying about it and not many people beyond school bullies will care.

The idea of "hell is other people" refers to the pain and struggle of seeing other people as judging you, but ultimately people usually aren't and even if they are aren't giving it thought for long. You're probably less worried about being wrong than you are that other people would think you're wrong.

I promise you that very few people will have a lasting negative impression of you if you don't go out of your way to maliciously antagonize them.

Space Flower posted:

i mean, its just alcohol, so it stands to reason you'd taste it in anything alcoholic, its a funny statement to me

Have you tried straight everclear, it's like drinking battery acid.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 5, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

eating the tube of orange concentrate from the freezer like a giant pushpop

did anyone else love scratching the icy condensation off these tubes as kids

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Elephant Parade posted:

this is fountain of dreams

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I finished watching Kobayashi s1 and that was really fun and wholesome
Kyoani good

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Before any science needs comment yes I'm aware everclear has a lower pH than water, I'm trying to be illustrative of the burning sensation ok

marumaru posted:

Kyoani good

Fair warning s2 goes harder on the shota stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

marumaru posted:

Kyoani good