Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you cant trade me!! ive done so much for this city *pulls out printed cleveland browns reddit post about his single playoff win* look at all the upvotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It's 100% what they should do. They are already winning games with Chubb and Garrett so why pay some shitass $30m to watch them do it if you can take someone who has a chance of being better eventually.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Just start having chubb out there slinging the ball. Worked for the Ravens

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Baker is good

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's 100% what they should do. They are already winning games with Chubb and Garrett so why pay some shitass $30m to watch them do it if you can take someone who has a chance of being better eventually.

I see exactly what you're saying, but it took 20 years for Cleveland to get a QB. A QB that's good, not great. Given their history of drafting a billion QBs and whiffing on them all but 1, I'm not sold on the chances they can magically pick a QB that's going to be better than Baker. First-round QBs are mostly throwing darts unless you have the #1 overall, and even then it's not guaranteed. That's a huge risk IMO. What happens if you end up drafting another 13 Brady Quinns or Deshon Kizers? Say goodbye to any new decent free agent signings. Players aren't going to want to re-sign, and back to the basement of the AFCN.

If you get 5 years of good, not great QB play, as a Browns fan that's had all hope beaten out of me just about my whole life, I'll take that. Especially considering the amazing talent that's around Baker right now. The team crumbles if you draft a QB next year and he turns out to be worse than Baker.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lol I just read a post favorably comparing Baker Mayfield to Justin Herbert itt

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

On another note, I was looking to get tickets vs Cards when I'm in town in a couple weeks. $100+ for top corner seats. Gone are the days of 10 years ago where I could sit in the Dawg Pound for less than parking cost.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It'll be $40m and the reason you do it is the alternative is pinning your franchise on the hope that a late 1st round pick will somehow be an immediate starting caliber QB. As a Ravens fan I'm super down with the Browns rolling the dice on Brandon Weeden 2.0.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

D-LINK posted:

Lol I just read a post favorably comparing Baker Mayfield to Justin Herbert itt

Wasn’t intended to be favorable to Mayfeild so much as to say Herbert being new has had more an impact to his team by his own self so I’m not sure how Baker is better after more years here

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i think most of obj's clout comes from that david tyree catch

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Baker Mayfield is a poor man's Derek Carr

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a good point. If Derek Carr can turn into a starting caliber QB who knows how good Baker could one day be.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Terry McLaurin is a straight up star with a bunch of scrubs at QB. Baker isn't NEARLY bad enough to be an excuse for OBJ.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who's obj. probly old ben The jagoff

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
OBJ was always really, really good he's just horribly injured and essentially running on one leg most of the time. Two groin hernias, sprained and fractured his right ankle, ACL tear in his right knee, also tore his right hamstring twice. Guys hosed up.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAlReport1/status/1445121836056911888

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's like our players are constantly trying to find new ways to get hurt

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

ladies and gentlemen,

Lamar Jackson has surpassed Kyle Boller for the 2nd-most pass yards in Ravens history

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Lol the line is -2 Broncos at Steelers. Talk about disrespect

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I ride these things all the time, they're fun as hell. though my friend recently ate poo poo on one and had to get taken to the hospital

I will say based on the green light Lamar's wasn't actually active

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

lamar keeping the haters guessing by wearing a mask outside but pulling it below his mouth

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
You can see the pain in lamars eyes from wearing the mask

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Gotta take the south Florida good with the south Florida bad.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Despera posted:

Lol the line is -2 Broncos at Steelers. Talk about disrespect

Green Bay is -3 at Cincinnati and I would suggest laying the points on that one

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

chamois posted:

lamar keeping the haters guessing by wearing a mask outside but pulling it below his mouth

lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

chamois posted:

It’s called a screen

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Apparently some birder found a probable Kirtland's Warbler at Swann Park in the city this evening. That place is gonna be jam packed tomorrow morning.

That's the rarest warbler we have in north america. Only breeds in a very limited area in Michigan. Never been seen in MD. They showed a photograph that's real bad quality but looks promising.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 5, 2021

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Donkos radio thinks steelers are a free win too

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

imagine how many people probably see crazy rear end rare birds and just don't know enough to notice

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

imagine how many people probably see crazy rear end rare birds and just don't know enough to notice

I wonder this sort of thing all the time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you think there is a bird no human has laid eyes on, but not anyones genitals and not my genitals. a real living bird animal. not a type but a singular bird. who has been an adult for at least 1 yr

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Cavauro posted:

do you think there is a bird no human has laid eyes on, but not anyones genitals and not my genitals. a real living bird animal. not a type but a singular bird. who has been an adult for at least 1 yr

yours

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

hang the beat alzheimers ben banners

lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

do you think there is a bird no human has laid eyes on

It appears at every Bengals game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Maybe. I've heard of birds that are unknown enough that have never been photographed. So maybe there's birds we don't know still out there.

The Ravens have no chance against the Chargers in two weeks btw.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

to me the coolest bird is the macaw. do a lot of people in the bird community feel this way?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

to me the coolest bird is the macaw. do a lot of people in the bird community feel this way?

There's too many to have a consensus.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

to me, if you prefer any bird other than the 3 foot tall rainbow colored one that can speak english you've outsmarted yourself

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

chamois posted:

to me, if you prefer any bird other than the 3 foot tall rainbow colored one that can speak english you've outsmarted yourself

did a macaw write this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It could have, which definitely strengthens his point.