Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fizzymercury posted:

I've always wondered if corn mazes were a pun on maize or if I'm reading too much into it.

I see you have yet to be aMAZEd by their CORNy puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This is ironic, considering people who are really into brewing become ridiculously uninteresting.

I know it. I was really into brewing for a while.

I never shut up about it. I would ramble on about OG and FG, the timing of the bittering hops, which hops, pellet or fresh. Chocolate malt or Black Patent. Adjuncts? Gruit or screw it when you can't get the hops you want? Have you ever tried making beer with sorghum?

Seriously, no-one cares. Even other brewers don't care. You just become insufferable. If you talk to another brewer, they'll bore the crap out of you. Then you'll start talking and bore the crap out of them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mostlygray posted:

I never shut up about it. I would ramble on about OG and FG, the timing of the bittering hops, which hops, pellet or fresh. Chocolate malt or Black Patent. Adjuncts? Gruit or screw it when you can't get the hops you want? Have you ever tried making beer with sorghum?

Seriously, no-one cares. Even other brewers don't care. You just become insufferable. If you talk to another brewer, they'll bore the crap out of you. Then you'll start talking and bore the crap out of them.

The vampire mockumentary TV show 'What We Do In The Shadows' has energy vampires which use a similar technique to feed off people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDYegHby3bk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mostlygray posted:

I once went on a tour of a distillery and brewery in Leningrad Oblast (Helsinki Distilling and Stadin Panimo) with a group of friends. One of them was into brewing himself, and all through the brewery tour he'd talk with another Brewing Guy over the guide's voice, annoying the twenty or so normal people, including me.

The one bit of useful knowledge I got from the trip is that Brewing Guys don't make lager because it's actually difficult, unlike IPAs, sours, and other such concoctions. They hate it when you remind them of the fact.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is this not the only thread on corn we have going right now

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The Binding of Isaac is not Undertale.

On the topic of games, I got confused when people were talking about the PS5 game Deathloop that just came out, because I thought it had been out for a while.

Turns out I was thinking of Returnal, a different PS5 first-person "rogue-like" about dying over and over again.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

The Beatles posted:

Lady Madonna
Baby at your breast
Wonder how you manage
To feed the rest
and

Sublime posted:

I got a dalmatian
I can still get high
And I can play the guitar
Like a motherfuckin' riot
...have the same melody and I am reeling.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nameless Pete posted:

and

Sublime are so loving poo poo

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I really like the Pawn Shop bass line but that's about it from them.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Failed Imagineer posted:

Sublime are so loving poo poo

Really? I think Sublime is of such excellence, grandeur, or beauty as to inspire great admiration or awe.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Nameless Pete posted:

and

Twinkle Twinkle, little star
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full
Q R S, T U V
Like a diamond in the sky
Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool?
Next time won't you sing with me?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wyOy3ws8cY&t=427s

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Hyperlynx posted:

Twinkle Twinkle, little star
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full
Q R S, T U V
Like a diamond in the sky
Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool?
Next time won't you sing with me?

Moon River
He's the man, the man with the Midas touch
The spider's touch!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
that's what happens when Peter Parker is bitten by the gold bug.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Hyperlynx posted:

If you read Caesar's commentaries, the translation goes on about corn a lot. The corn Caesar needed to feed his legions, fields of corn, etc. Seeing as maize only got introduced to Europe in... google google... the 1400s, they're clearly not talking about maize
Also the general origin of A+++ tier username Corn in the Bible

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Marinara sauce, like on the Sopranos, is not a seafood-based spaghetti sauce.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Memento posted:

Marinara sauce, like on the Sopranos, is not a seafood-based spaghetti sauce.

no, you're thinking of Mariana sauce

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Possibly Marina sauce.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Spaghetti marinara is a popular dish in Australia and New Zealand, and it's basically pasta with red sauce and mussels, prawns and calamari. "Mariner's" sauce, taken literally I guess :shrug:

It seemed odd to me they were eating that much seafood all the time, and it turns out they weren't!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scarodactyl posted:

Also the general origin of A+++ tier username Corn in the Bible

Genesis 42:26 (KJV) posted:

And they laded their asses with the corn, and departed thence.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Memento posted:

Spaghetti marinara is a popular dish in Australia and New Zealand, and it's basically pasta with red sauce and mussels, prawns and calamari. "Mariner's" sauce, taken literally I guess :shrug:

It seemed odd to me they were eating that much seafood all the time, and it turns out they weren't!

You can't really trust what Australians to get the names of foods right, i.e. what the Boomers with Women's Weekly cookbooks interpretation of 'Chow Mein' is.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pocket Billiards posted:

You can't really trust what Australians to get the names of foods right, i.e. what the Boomers with Women's Weekly cookbooks interpretation of 'Chow Mein' is.

Counterpoint; bread spread with oleo dipped in a cup measurement of sprinkles is just wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's also the dipping sauce frequently called marinara that's really just tomato paste with some chunks thrown in.

For when you're being fancy on a date night.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Really good bread with little dipping pots with expensive balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon olive oil in them is a perfect no effort fancy starter.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah if you like loving oil.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I think you learned how to eat wrong

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Go on down to Greece and get yourself some good oil.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Go on down to Greece and get yourself some good oil.

It's all counterfeit!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's all counterfeit!

That's a tricky one. Join the mob?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Jeanane Garofalo and Jeanine Pirro are not the same person.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Garofalo does not remotely deserve that

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Oof. Yeah, that's horrible to everyone's 90s... uh, thankfully exact opposite of manic pixie dreamgirl.

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

packetmantis posted:

Jeanane Garofalo and Jeanine Pirro are not the same person.

For what it's worth, here's my trick to remembering how to spell Janeane Garofalo: alternating vowel patterns (aeae aoao) that pretty much split the names into parts that appear to rhyme (Jane-ane Garo-falo), all single consonants.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/mechanical_monk/status/1442243221329952768

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Petition to rename the Tethys Ocean the Gigachad Expanse

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm very impressed by the perfectly-shaped four-petaled flower lake the Afro-Asiatic "Mother" Culture created.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Virgin Millet Cultivation Origin vs the Chad Agricultural Father Culture

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Trabant posted:

Oof. Yeah, that's horrible to everyone's 90s... uh, thankfully exact opposite of manic pixie dreamgirl.

I had a kid crush on her.

I was raised by 90's lesbians, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Wasabi the J posted:

I had a kid crush on her.

I was raised by 90's lesbians, though.

I still have a huge crush on her. And Julia Louis Dreyfus as well. I think I have a type…