Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

What % RH do I want for flower with those Boveda packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ideally you don’t want to have to use one right?

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I've read between 55-65%. I've been using 62%.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

papaya

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i get the 62%

i got a sleeve of 10 of the 1/2 - 1oz size packs last xmas as a stocking stuffer and I've only gone through 2 or them

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Been avoiding smoking anything for the past month while job hunting, as my wife is transferring to Providence and I've been so busy with the baby I haven't missed weed terribly

However, I got offered a great admin position today that is basically an awesome lateral move from my current dream job and they indicated there is no drug screen

:getin:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://youtu.be/oO7Y8NsnkRg

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got Blue Dream from a shop my friend told me about and this poo poo is way danker than the licensed one I've been going to. It's so stickyyy, and the resin makes it smell amazing.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

apparently the california legal market is like fuckin shangri-la but at least here in canada the discerning customer is best served by the unlicensed grey market

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I'm very much enjoying the dynavap so far and have saved the remains of my vaped flower in the hopes I can make edibles (this will be my guest every attempt). But just to be sure, does this actually look decarbed enough?

If so, what's the easiest way I can make edibles from this?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

that is decarbed, just eat it in some
peanut butter or something and be aware that vape waste highs tend to be kinda lovely and body stoney since many of the compounds are already boiled off

also worth mentioning that being able to eat vape leftovers isn’t a magical bonus, it’s because most vapes don’t fully extract your weed. dynavaps are among the few vapes that can actually thoroughly extract your weed, roast that poo poo dark coffee brown if eating the leftovers ends up not being fun

I haven’t eaten vape leftovers in years since it’s gross and kinda lovely and weed is cheap and bountiful now, ymmv

edit: vape protip, grind as fine as possible to maximize surface area, it makes a large difference and any advice you see advising a coarser grind is probably a decade+ old based on those box vapes where you pushed some weed into an open ended glass wand and hoped it stayed in place

you will get more even and thorough extraction with a fine grind

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 08:08 on Oct 2, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
My goal is to one day invent a vape that grinds as it bakes so that you can just do a normal grind but end up smoking something more like a powder instead

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

if you have the budget, the brilliant cut grinder is far and away the best grinder on the market, go fine plate for vapes, medium if you roll

it’s a threadless clamshell design with a self-clearing grinding chamber, I’ve run a couple pounds through mine and never cleaned it beyond picking at some super dank bits that stuck on, if you get dry weed it’ll never need cleaning

space case and santa cruz and all the rest are poo poo in comparison

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

excellent

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Wheeee posted:

apparently the california legal market is like fuckin shangri-la but at least here in canada the discerning customer is best served by the unlicensed grey market

Best weed I ever got was when I was in Cali for a week and got a medical card, bought a cookie with 1,000mg in it for like $20 or something

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lovelyn posted:

excellent

thank you

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lovelyn posted:

Best weed I ever got was when I was in Cali for a week and got a medical card, bought a cookie with 1,000mg in it for like $20 or something

I didn't realize until I moved back to Florida how spoiled I was by starting my weed career in CA with a medical card

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if you ever spot rhino wreck in the wild grab it. I’ve only had/seen it once though despite looking for it for years

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

i dunno much about strains. does anyone else just buy whatever the plug has, or whatever gives you the most bang for your buck at the dispensary? i dont think i've smoked enough weed to really differentiate between what different strains do to me. are there strains out there that are tasty for real? or is it like oh, this has a a nice citrus note, in addition to tasting like weed?

I had one strain out in CA that was called Agent Orange where I could actually taste the orange flavor when I vaped it, but most of the rest I can't tell the difference.

It's more like the latter thing, it's not "tasty" in and of itself.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is there any point to a california medical card now?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

I think I've heard that some products are medical only, at least in some states, not sure about CA. Back when I got mine it wasn't recreationally legal yet.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shear Modulus posted:

saves money because you don’t pay taxes as a medicinal patient

also if go you to the east coast outside of MA you’ll need it for non sketch dispensaries

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
gonna play with a new ethanol loop this afternoon, should be able to crush a quarter pound of bud into oil in ~3 hours. this means I can be lazy and only do it once a month, but probably in reality means other people will be hassling me to run poo poo for them

This is my uncle, (who has been on my mind lately as he passed within the last year and his obit is still hanging up on my wall) with my parent's dog Faye, I think the first in the line of several doggos they've had. This picture is probably from 1970 or so.

This is my parents current doggo, they adopted him when he was 4 and he had his 6th birthday last week. (I don't know if they just invented a date, or what).

Good doggos all, and may my uncle rest in peace.

Cabbages and VHS has issued a correction as of 09:47 on Oct 3, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
good morning, sunday morning.
i walked down to the waterfront for sunrise this morning and met a cat living off the land/sea.

good cat. please don't murder more sparrows than you need to survive.

e: also that's a baked bean factory in the background that is in the process of being torn down and replaced by a hosed up northeastern campus lol

Stevie Lee has issued a correction as of 15:17 on Oct 3, 2021

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
just took 3.5g of mushrooms, lads

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

just took 3.5g of mushrooms, lads

enjoy!

been itching to do shrooms lately. kinda wanna try making a tincture or something and microdosing. i've only ever taken enough to fully trip

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Stevie Lee posted:

good morning, sunday morning.
i walked down to the waterfront for sunrise this morning and met a cat living off the land/sea.

good cat

I love black and white cats, 10/10 cat pics

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I love black and white cats, 10/10 cat pics

in gif form:

really need to go back and feed him/her treats. there's a feral cat organization nearby that i should probably get involved in

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

heres a fun fact about legal weed in california

theres a coupon on the back of my safeway receipt for 12% off at a local dispensary

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

heres a fun fact about legal weed in california

theres a coupon on the back of my safeway receipt for 12% off at a local dispensary

great, now im going to be scouring the 6ft of receipts i get from stores just in case

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

great, now im going to be scouring the 6ft of receipts i get from stores just in case

one time there was a great coupon for this indian place i used to get takeout from fairly often and i wondered if they thought that by paying for the ad space and the revenue hit from people using the coupon if they'd just get an already regular customer using the coupon like five times because it gets printed like three times per receipt

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i took my lil porkpie for her first car ride today

she did well as long as the treats kept flowing lmao

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
My m finally got here! First impressions are that it's a lot of work to rip a tiny amount of biomass, but it does WORK. Is this a matter of getting better at operating it or what? The included instructions are less than comprehensive

Javid has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Oct 5, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Javid posted:

My m finally got here! First impressions are that it's a lot of work to rip a tiny amount of biomass, but it does WORK. Is this a matter of getting better at operating it or what? The included instructions are less than comprehensive

Excellent pics, and yes. After a few days you'll be able to do it with very little thought, and I find the ritual around using it to be relaxing. You also don't need as much weed since you're being very efficient at extracting the good stuff. Check out the YouTube tutorials if you haven't already.

My #1 advice is to never let the cap touch your pale, flabby goon bod while hot, it sucks.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

he caught mice under the canopy all summer, and he seems to get increasingly concerned the more plants that come down. Only one left, plus one tiny one in a pot. I've dried 24oz and have another 3-6 drying now. :toot:

edit: my new grow space is currently full of spiders (the good kind)

do they count as pets

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gently caress all cops forever

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i hope she hosed her roommate for weed

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

if I were to buy a healthy rips device which one should I get

the rogue looks nice and it's only a few bucks more than the fury edge but I kinda like that the bowl on the edge is a little smaller

interested in a vape with dosing capsules that isn't priced like a storz and bickel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Cabbages and Kings posted:

[do they count as pets

yes