Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr. Lobe posted:

Is this a sex thing

Yes, findom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zesty posted:

and if anyone is thinking there's no way this is what it appears to be at first glance... well, it absolutely is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Birthday_Cake_for_George_Washington

Wow that sequel took a bad turn.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/propagandopolis/status/1445311901873885184

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That is some primo avatar material. :discourse:

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Austin Powers was real

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I just found out Michael Stackpole is probably a chud to continue the streak we're on here

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

On the other hand it's okay to look up Terry Goodkind if you read his books as a kid because you already knew he's probably a piece of poo poo just from reading his books.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:popeye:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zesty posted:

and if anyone is thinking there's no way this is what it appears to be at first glance... well, it absolutely is.

Lmao that was the second children's book about slaves happily cooking dessert for their master. They came out less than a year apart. And both of them received glowing reviews from children's book reviewers before normal people saw them and said "what the gently caress is this?"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tokin opposition posted:

Reported for using slurs, expect the ban any time now

Who keeps buying you that avatar. Jesus

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

I just found out Michael Stackpole is probably a chud to continue the streak we're on here

ah man this one hurts

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Who keeps buying you that avatar. Jesus

Ever since I got a swatika flag no redtext has really bothered me, more money for Jeffery's Bitcoin mines

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my childhood battletech books noo!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Prurient Squid posted:

I wonder if there's a parallel with the liberal reception of Fight Club and the moral panic that was built up around the 2019 Joker film? Wasn't part of the controversy that it would provoke incels into carrying out a shooting spree?

it was a single cop who had lied about the aurora shooter being dressed as the joker who was booking interviews with any network that would have him to talk about how it would happen again at screenings of the joker

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I read those X-Wing Rogue Squadron books as a kid but always considered them lower tier SW books compared to say the Thrawn trilogy or Tales from the Cantina etc.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

elon stop reading this.
elon's mom hi there

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

uber_stoat posted:

elon stop reading this.
elon's mom hi there

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

indigi posted:

no, it isn’t. lol keep trying though

Yeah, it really is and I'll take my lived experiences over your shitposting any day.

Marzzle posted:

even as a dumbass kid I read children of the mind and though "holy poo poo this is dumb as hell" and stopped reading OSC books forever

now I check the internet and there's eighteen enders game books :gonk:

harry potter rear end yacht payment series

I barely made it through the first book. How the gently caress did it make it to 18?

Megillah Gorilla has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Oct 5, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'd gently caress elons mom for that sweet emerald mussy (money pussy)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

elon stop reading this.
elon's mom hi there

:mods:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

tokin opposition posted:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

don't spoil the new james bond movie thanks

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

New James Bond movie sounds good

E: gently caress!

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Fine you can watch, quit hornyposting

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

how are there so loving many people in the replies that also did this
https://twitter.com/artorad/status/1443795855157334016
https://twitter.com/VViIIis/status/1443803438463299586
https://twitter.com/Stolle544/status/1443992405657604100
https://twitter.com/CryptoFirefly/status/1443811880280018950

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Phigs posted:

On the other hand it's okay to look up Terry Goodkind if you read his books as a kid because you already knew he's probably a piece of poo poo just from reading his books.

Lol yeah that dude put his hosed up bullshit right out front.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Gripweed posted:

Lmao that was the second children's book about slaves happily cooking dessert for their master. They came out less than a year apart. And both of them received glowing reviews from children's book reviewers before normal people saw them and said "what the gently caress is this?"

Aren't book reviewers just full on extensions of marketing now? I mean, Ready Player One got glowing reviews.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i managed to look past the objectivist poo poo until the book that was basically just the galt speech. sunk cost, teenage stupidity, etc. still, at least it wasn't actually something i found appealing.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Terry Pratchett was a child cannibal*

*Truth**

**Lies

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

$5000 cartoon ahego lion.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zesty posted:

quote:

But as the years went on, he began to see more and more that it was evil to keep fellow human beings in bondage, and he became more and more lenient with his slaves.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“It’s evil to keep fellow human beings in bondage.”

“I’m still going to do it, LMAO. I will give them a pizza party, though.”

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

IIRC Washington did free his slaves upon his death, which was probably the middle ground for what passed as the slaver discourse back then. A perfectly liberal solution

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
Read Losurdo

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i managed to look past the objectivist poo poo until the book that was basically just the galt speech. sunk cost, teenage stupidity, etc. still, at least it wasn't actually something i found appealing.

I think that was Faith of The Fallen, right? I think thats where I stopped too, I started reading the books at like 13-14 and by 18 I'd figured out the author was dumb and gross and full of poo poo.

In defense of my teen self the first two books are mostly just bloody action and (hosed up) sex/sexual dynamics designed to appeal to teen boys, the dumbest political thing I remember from those was an incredibly dumb "fire control = gun control" analogy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

In real life, Hercules was able to escape slavery but had to leave his daughter behind.

That's not in the book.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
you can't take them with you!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Feldegast42 posted:

IIRC Washington did free his slaves upon his death, which was probably the middle ground for what passed as the slaver discourse back then. A perfectly liberal solution

Very progressive compared to the pharaohs, who had their slaves executed at the time of their own deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gripweed posted:

In real life, Hercules was able to escape slavery but had to leave his daughter behind.

That's not in the book.

Someone's gotta make them cakes!