Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

So, how does the Destiny 2 expansion work with Game Pass? You just log in and it's unlocked or whatever? This is the first time I realized Destiny 2 expansions were Game Passable.

I think you just download them separately from gamepass and that’s it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

And added, too.

Had I known they'd be adding Scarlet Nexus, I wouldnt've bought it :(

Gamepass has taught me to never buy a game unless I am going to start playing it the second it finishes downloading.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Game Pass does have the "Leaving Soon" section in the console UI that shows stuff fairly well in advance.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is no point in keeping the Halo beta test files around, right? I was going to delete them but then thought that maybe the normal game would use them when it launched instead of re-downloading everything but that is just something I made up in my head.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty sure the app notifies you as well

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Hell yeah Visage

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I cant tell for sure but Riftbreaker looks like it may be extremely my poo poo.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

doingitwrong posted:

Gamepass has taught me to never buy a game unless I am going to start playing it the second it finishes downloading.

Oh I did that.

But still!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

There is no point in keeping the Halo beta test files around, right? I was going to delete them but then thought that maybe the normal game would use them when it launched instead of re-downloading everything but that is just something I made up in my head.

Safe to delete according to 343

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

https://twitter.com/Unyshek/status/1444889678121820161

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cool, thanks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Neutron posted:

And added, too.

Had I known they'd be adding Scarlet Nexus, I wouldnt've bought it :(

Dont buy anything anymore

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Can't recommend Katana Zero strongly enough to anyone who hasn't played it yet. It takes after Hotline Miami in a lot of ways, but with much more of a story, and the music, graphics, and the whole atmosphere combines into an amazing vibe. And the gameplay is really intensely fun and satisfying

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Akuma posted:

Game Pass does have the "Leaving Soon" section in the console UI that shows stuff fairly well in advance.

Some of the ultra long rpgs on there could use more than the usual two weeks heads up.

Shout outs to the one goon reading this who’s currently steaming thru Tales of Vesperia in an effort to 100% in time

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Some of the ultra long rpgs on there could use more than the usual two weeks heads up.

Shout outs to the one goon reading this who’s currently steaming thru Tales of Vesperia in an effort to 100% in time

That was in my backlog and I was looking forward to it. And I also never finished Night in the Woods. Welp.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

You could always just buy them for real, you guys seem to forget that buying games is still an option lol

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Night in the Woods, Katana Zero, and Stardew Valley are all phenomenal games worth your time and money

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

John F Bennett posted:

You could always just buy them for real, you guys seem to forget that buying games is still an option lol
You'll even getting a Game Pass discount on them...

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Isn't Totally Accurate Battle Simulator already on Game Pass? I've played it before and I sure didn't buy it.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Maybe it is leaving "early access"?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lammasu posted:

Isn't Totally Accurate Battle Simulator already on Game Pass? I've played it before and I sure didn't buy it.

magimix posted:

Maybe it is leaving "early access"?
It's this, it's graduated from "Game Preview", as it's called on Xbox.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5fmTuXuS8
uhhh is halo good again???

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Always has been

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

John F Bennett posted:

Always has been

Halo 5's Req system bullshit disagrees.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

John F Bennett posted:

Always has been

if you ignore the 2010's

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol how mad are they that they missed the jump and had to walk around and speed up the video.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Gettin some tribes vibes :woop:

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Nuts and Gum posted:

Gettin some tribes vibes :woop:

Shoulda sold Tribes to Microsoft instead of Hi-Rez.
I was unfortunately in the room when that decision was made.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xgalaxy posted:

The Tribes game they made has long since shut down too. :negative:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

The Kins posted:

It's this, it's graduated from "Game Preview", as it's called on Xbox.

TABS has also been an Epic Games Store freebie giveaway at some point; I’ve got a copy of it there that I’ve never played

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
TABS is fun. The campaign is worth a play through and the sandbox can be enjoyable. As someone who has played it I was also confused by it being announced.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I only know it because it's been on the beta test page of the Insider app for the past 3 years.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

xgalaxy posted:

The sun hung low over Willamette St that day, for sure.
Was Tribes 2 the one that was a "rock in a box?"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So I'm baffled... I just got a new computer and tried to log in to my Game Pass on it and it's already logged in with some random account and asks if I want to get Game Pass. It won't let me log out of it. Already uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Avenger's may be a mess of a game that doesn't know what it wants to be but Kamala is just so darn adorkable.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Games usually leave upon hitting their 12, 24, or 36 month window.

So if you go to the Game Pass master list spreadsheet (from reddit) and scroll to the right to find a "Likely Leaving" page you can see what games could be up for removal, a month or two in advance.

It's worth considering prioritising games on that list if you intend to play them and don't want to get caught out by the two week warning.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

these things still sell out within seconds holy dooley.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah my brother wants me to get him one (gave him my old One X for Christmas and now he's hooked) to use on his fancy new 120hz OLED but drat man it feels like it's harder to get them now than it was a year ago.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Yeah my brother wants me to get him one (gave him my old One X for Christmas and now he's hooked) to use on his fancy new 120hz OLED but drat man it feels like it's harder to get them now than it was a year ago.

It unironically might be harder now, given I don't think the supply rate has changed but product enthusiasm seems up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

American McGay posted:

Totally, I woke up on initial order day last year still drunk having slept through my alarm thinking I'd missed my chance. I got a Series X from Amazon for myself and went straight to the Microsoft website and got another X for my stepson for Chrimbo. I literally have not seen the Series X available for anywhere near retail price since.

Series S appears to be easy enough to get at the correct price.

Funny story, my mum sent me a text half an hour ago asking if she's meant to get the "Xbox S 1TB or the Xbox S 512GB" for my niece for Christmas. They're both even black and white consoles. How do ya gently caress up naming so badly?

Had to send the poor woman a link. Thanks, Microsoft.