Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
If anyone offers to buy your Klingon Hearts games it is Disney and they're just going to smash them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i know i said i probably wouldn't happen, but in al seriousness do you all really think disney would tell nintendo to remove the sora dlc from smash

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

How is it cloud based? I know he's in it but the story is about Sora

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

You all say that Smash characters all started in video games. But we all know Snake originated in the 1981 hit, Escape from New Donk City.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Good news: Metroid Dread Special Edition just restocked on Amazon UK preorder

Bad news: if you’re having it shipped to the States because it hasn’t restocked here since June the total with S&H and VAT comes to $135, nearly as much as scalped domestic copies are going for on eBay

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Fixins posted:

..why can't the switch run literal GBA games

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Willo567 posted:

i know i said i probably wouldn't happen, but in al seriousness do you all really think disney would tell nintendo to remove the sora dlc from smash
Sora is not a Disney character. At the very most they might ask to have the key blade charm patched out or something, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo went into this making sure they had full control of all the content forever.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

American McGay posted:

Sora is not a Disney character. At the very most they might ask to have the key blade charm patched out or something, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo went into this making sure they had full control of all the content forever.

plus, won't disney get royalties from nintendo for everyone who either buys fighter pass 2 or sora individually? disney wouldn't be that stupid to have nintendo remove him would they? there's having sora temporarily in world of final fantasy and that gach final fantasy, and then there's being part of the biggest gaming crossover ever

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sora's such a lame character to be in Smash. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

You would think Square would at least get enough control of the property to not have their games swiped from under them at the whim of Disney. Is there actually any proof Disney has that sort of authority to basically say "No more Kingdom Hearts copies can be made!"?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Sora is only lame because there are already 6 spiky haired sword guys. It wouldn't be as bad if he replaced one of the Fire Emblem dudes.

Oh well!

Waluigi will definitely be in the next Smash!

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

If anyone offers to buy your Klingon Hearts games it is Disney and they're just going to smash them.
That's the power of the bat'leth! :sora:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I have adult money to waste on tons of poo poo I don't need, but I still don't want to give Nintendo $30 for that second pack of DLC

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You can PayPal me the $30 if you want

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astro7x posted:

I have adult money to waste on tons of poo poo I don't need, but I still don't want to give Nintendo $30 for that second pack of DLC

I'm legitimately impressed with how awful and uninteresting it is.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Zurtilik posted:

Hey, you can play it over ethernet (With the NEW OLED Switch at MSRP $350)

Or just plug an Ethernet adapter into the existing switch dock

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kirios posted:

I'm legitimately impressed with how awful and uninteresting it is.

Tell me you're a 33 year old American male without telling me you're a 33 year old American male.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Weedle posted:

yes indeed. good thing the switch's wifi is so solid!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Are they really just not bothering to actually port them? Incredible.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Gutcruncher posted:

Are they really just not bothering to actually port them? Incredible.

To be fair, Square's history of porting is pretty loving poo poo.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/q1wljj/oled_switch_fragile_intake_cover_mesh/

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

put the guy from postal 2 into smash

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zurtilik posted:

Kirby: Puyo!
Sora: Yes Kirby, today is a good day to die.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Having released the final Smash Bros character, Sakurai's work is done. He stands from his desk and removes his face, revealing a void of blackness and stars underneath. The Crawling Chaos Nyarlathothep rises as the fury and wails of the outraged sail beyond the mortal senses, and the Blind God Azathoth writhes in pleasure.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

not getting disney characters I understand, but no Simple and Clean is a weird omission
The rights to Hikari/Simple and Clean are owned by Utada Hikaru and/or her people, not Disney or Square.

American McGay posted:

The increasingly-lengthy copyright spiel on smashbros.com has added Disney to the end.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

Tell me you're a 33 year old American male without telling me you're a 33 year old American male.

It's funny you're sort of spot on because I'm 32, and I don't have a problem with any of the games. I just don't find any of the characters particular exciting personally. I can totally see why someone might like any one of them though.

Like, I wouldn't say awful, but just like, completely unappealing to me. I'm seriously bummed that fighter pass 2 was just a total miss for me.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The Kins posted:

The increasingly-lengthy copyright spiel on smashbros.com has added Disney to the end.

Disney would have to be loving stupid to take Sora down and lose all of the cash from the millions of people wanting to play as him

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oxyclean posted:

It's funny you're sort of spot on because I'm 32, and I don't have a problem with any of the games. I just don't find any of the characters particular exciting personally. I can totally see why someone might like any one of them though.

Like, I wouldn't say awful, but just like, completely unappealing to me. I'm seriously bummed that fighter pass 2 was just a total miss for me.

I’d say there’s a difference between just not being interested and trying to claim the entire thing is awful.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

actually are they gonna do a sora amiibo? they mentioned everyone else in fighter pass 2 getting one but him

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Oxyclean posted:

What is your list of characters that you want?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Araxxor posted:

I’d say there’s a difference between just not being interested and trying to claim the entire thing is awful.

Sure, but in goonspeak "awful" generally means "I personally hate it"

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Too bad the ARMS rep wasn't that goo guy. Now I want to play Super Smash Bros. Leftovers featuring characters that never made it on the roster.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kirios posted:

Sora's such a lame character to be in Smash. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

don’t sign your posts

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
"hey did you hear Minecraft, Tekken, sephiroth, and kingdom hearts got added to smash?"

"BO-RING where's the freakin' Master Chief??"

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It would be cool if Swedish Chef was in there and he could fight with a knife and throw chickens

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

v buckwild type of brain to have to look at this image and conclude it was a bad selection

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

"hey did you hear Minecraft, Tekken, sephiroth, and kingdom hearts got added to smash?"

"BO-RING where's the freakin' Master Chief??"

urgghhh i hate all these anime characters. can i get the most boring design ever created, or perhaps his identical clone??

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Minecraft steve is the only one I don’t like because he isn’t fun to play (which tbf is an accurate recreation of the gameplay of Minecraft)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

minecraft steve is possinly the best one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RC Cola posted:

What is your list of characters that you want?
Its hard to get myself back into the mindset of all my old picks, but like from day 0 of ultimate, I wanted Geno. I totally got high off that information that Sakurai allegedly wanted him in a previous entry. I've been recently watching a Mario RPG playthrough and it removed my doubts that I had just hyped up Geno in my head. His weapons/attacks in RPG just had so much potential to make for a cool moveset.

Other characters from Sonic, eg: Tails, Eggman or Knuckles, I always wanted since I was a Genesis kid. Doom Guy, Master Chief and Waluigi were all kind of silly/dumb/unrealistic picks I still kind of would have been cool with. Captain Toad was one I once threw out there as less of "I want them badly" and more of "it feels like it'd make sense" cause I feel like poor Toad deserves to be more then Princess' meat shield.

The Sans costume was honestly mind blowing, and almost more that I could realistically ask for, but to get a full-fledged Undertale or Deltarune character in the roster? But the timing on the latter was totally never going to happen.

A Monster Hunter rep could have been rad, particularly given there was the Rathalos + stage. I've always thought a Palico would be more fun/fitting for Smash then just a Hunter. After Rise was announced, I had thought we might get a Palamute to cross-promote.

Sephiroth wasn't a bad pick, but I would have loved to see an FF pick that harkens back to the "classic" (2D) FFs. Even maybe Vivi, who is technically from a 3D FF, would make for a good excuse to tap into that classic black mage thing. (It's cool that Sora's got the FF element spells though.)