Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

He gets the snaps but not the points does he? I didn't see sunday.

VietCampo posted:

Swift is the current RB7 in .5 PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Swift has the handicap of being on the Lions but dude is being fed touches and is extremely valuable in PPR. A definite concern is Williams taking goal line touches though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Plus whenever he scores you can post fabulous gifs in your league messageboard like this:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Plus whenever he scores you can post fabulous gifs in your league messageboard like this:

Only if, like me, your other starting RB is Jonathan Taylor

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm taking fantasy more seriously for the first time. How do you handle defense on a bye week? Normally I'd just drop whoever and pick up a new defense for the season but I've got the Bills who are solidly in the 15-20 point range most weeks and I'd like to keep them.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LionYeti posted:

I'm taking fantasy more seriously for the first time. How do you handle defense on a bye week? Normally I'd just drop whoever and pick up a new defense for the season but I've got the Bills who are solidly in the 15-20 point range most weeks and I'd like to keep them.

Drop someone else for a bye week replacement

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

sourdough posted:

Drop someone else for a bye week replacement

The other option is that I have like 4-5 people all out on one week so just punt that week and keep the roster together.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I feel like it's usually best not to punt a week if you can help it, but that's a lot of people on bye so that's probably the way to go

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I was also curious about Buffalo, I’m very streaming oriented but outside of KC this week, TB, and their bye, their schedule is immensely favorable every other week.

E: they haven’t played the Jets or Pats yet lol

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 5, 2021

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LionYeti posted:

The other option is that I have like 4-5 people all out on one week so just punt that week and keep the roster together.

This depends entirely on your current w/l and the playoff structure of your league. If you feel confident you'll make the playoffs with an extra loss go for it.

I've done it once, but I was like 6-1 at the time.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

This depends entirely on your current w/l and the playoff structure of your league. If you feel confident you'll make the playoffs with an extra loss go for it.

I've done it once, but I was like 6-1 at the time.

The issue is I don't think I can get a winning roster together for that week without doing damage to my roster as it stands. I just don't see how we fill that many slots.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Lowkey rude to come here asking for this advice when you have a drat 7-man bench.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LionYeti posted:

The issue is I don't think I can get a winning roster together for that week without doing damage to my roster as it stands. I just don't see how we fill that many slots.

Assuming you're not a superflex league just drop Mac Jones. How big is your league that you're holding him and Baker?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

A lot can change from here til week 7, notably injuries, just waiting is fine too.

But the real answer is Dont carry 2 QBs, trade or drop.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LionYeti posted:

This is easily doable, start Corey Davis or Waddle in the flex, start Harris for Zeke if there aren't any RBs you can grab between now and then, drop kicker for another, drop Mac Jones and Agholor (and Tim Patrick if there's a nice add) for DST and whatever else

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

A lot can change from here til week 7, notably injuries, just waiting is fine too.

But the real answer is Dont carry 2 QBs, trade or drop.

Yeah this is solid advice. I do think the bills are going to be a stash worthy dst even then but let it shake out first.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Always 2 QB haver, because all of my leagues are either superflex or >14 teams. With that said, Mac Jones does not need to be held, and it is not like any of your bench WR are that valuable outside of Davis, find one of them to drop.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LionYeti posted:

Like everyone else said you should have absolutely no problem putting together a starting roster out of this. Drop your kicker for another, drop Mac Jones, and drop one of Patrick/Agholor.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pain of Mind posted:

Always 2 QB haver, because all of my leagues are either superflex or >14 teams. With that said, Mac Jones does not need to be held, and it is not like any of your bench WR are that valuable outside of Davis, find one of them to drop.
I tend to always have 2 because in all of my non-SF redraft leagues there are people that hold 2 or 3 QBs for no good reason. I lost a championship game once because I had to start Kirk Cousins against the Packers in primetime (his cryponite).

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Ty'Son Williams was a healthy scratch this past week, we dropping him in redraft or holding?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’m contemplating dropping him even in a keeper league because I have Dobbins in an IR slot. This season is making me want to avoid the BAL backfield altogether, but I’m at least going to wait this week to see news about Ty’son since the rest of the waiver wire is meh.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
The ravens did almost lose their 100 yard rushing streak after benching the RB with the most ypc. I wonder if Harbaugh connects the dots. Unless it's a clear upgrade I'm probably hanging onto Williams 1 more week.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

12-team, Yahoo 0.5 PPR, 6pt Pass TD, 0.2pt Completions:
QB - Josh Allen, Derek Carr
RB - Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, Darrell Henderson Jr., Melvin Gordon III, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams, Rashaad Penny
WR - Davante Adams, Robert Woods, Tyler Boyd, Cole Beasley, Laviska Shenault Jr., DeVante Parker,
TE - Logan Thomas, Irv Smith Jr. (IR)

Feel I need to bolster TE with Logan Thomas week to week with a hamstring injury. Wire options are Jonnu Smith, Ertz, and Tyler Conklin. Only team that may have two viable TEs and be interested in trading owns Noah Fant and Dawson Knox. Probably will place wire bids on the 3 and hope for the best, assume I'll get at least one.

Wondering if I could get something for Derek Carr or one of my RB1-4 to improve. Adams and Woods have been underperforming at WR but hoping they'll improve.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Montgomery likely out 4-5 weeks with a knee sprain. That makes him, Gus Edwards, Gronk, and Julio for my significant players injured. My team’s insurance premiums are gonna really gently caress me next quarter.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Artonos posted:

The ravens did almost lose their 100 yard rushing streak after benching the RB with the most ypc. I wonder if Harbaugh connects the dots. Unless it's a clear upgrade I'm probably hanging onto Williams 1 more week.

Not a bad idea to see what happens this week but I think people are reading too much into that garbage time run to continue the streak. If they think Williams puts Lamar at risk during the game then he's just not going to be out there.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Doppelganger posted:

Montgomery likely out 4-5 weeks with a knee sprain. That makes him, Gus Edwards, Gronk, and Julio for my significant players injured. My team’s insurance premiums are gonna really gently caress me next quarter.

I have Gronk, Julio, and AJ Brown. Somehow I didn't know Gronk was injured and he started this week. Awesome!

I would've lost either way but still.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

I've got Mixon, Jonathan Taylor, Patterson, and Jamal Williams at RB. Should I drop Williams for Chuba Hubbard? PPR, and we also score point per carry.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

MalleusDei posted:

I've got Mixon, Jonathan Taylor, Patterson, and Jamal Williams at RB. Should I drop Williams for Chuba Hubbard? PPR, and we also score point per carry.
Probably not? Hubbard is a temporary play and it doesn't sound like he would start for you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MalleusDei posted:

I've never heard of Jamal Williams and I did two 27+ round dynasty startup drafts this year and just checked both ESPN and Yahoo and couldnt find the name, so yes drop him.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I've never heard of Jamal Williams and I did two 27+ round dynasty startup drafts this year and just checked both ESPN and Yahoo and couldnt find the name, so yes drop him.

I mean, he's not a huge value, but you should probably know who he is.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He's RB18 in 0.5 PPR so I would hold

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

The AJ Brown owner in my 0.5 ppr league is on tilt, would offering Allen Robinson be a stupid idea? Currently have Tyreek, McLaurin, Julio, and Watkins at WR besides him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Yup, Aaron Jones' backup til he left in FA :hai:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I’ve got Mixon and Montgomery.

Whose backup would you spend more FAAB on in PPR? $100 budget, $30 each?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

pmchem posted:

I’ve got Mixon and Montgomery.

Whose backup would you spend more FAAB on in PPR? $100 budget, $30 each?
I have Montgomery and I would take his backup 100/100. Mixon could be back this week for all we know.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

He's RB18 in 0.5 PPR so I would hold

I'm horribly short on sleep and our nanny has covid so I'm also strung out and couldnt for the life of me figure out the lack of the second (third?) a.

:suicide:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doppelganger posted:

The AJ Brown owner in my 0.5 ppr league is on tilt, would offering Allen Robinson be a stupid idea? Currently have Tyreek, McLaurin, Julio, and Watkins at WR besides him.

I don't think he's gonna want to trade an underperforming WR for another underperforming WR. But it's worth a try if you can get him to bite.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Doppelganger posted:

I have Montgomery and I would take his backup 100/100. Mixon could be back this week for all we know.

generally agree, just wanted to hear some chatter and price estimates :)

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

dy. posted:

Probably not? Hubbard is a temporary play and it doesn't sound like he would start for you.

Sounds reasonable. Thanks everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

you know, there's another wildcard with Monty. Tarik Cohen can come off PUP as early as week 7. When Monty comes back he may not have the same PPR volume he had to start the season.

Jamaal Williams or Montgomery, rest of fantasy regular season?