Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Flayer posted:

It's that American comedy series disease where characters are allowed to be funny for about 3 episodes in the first series and then everyone has to develop schmaltzy soft sides which grow to dominate every other aspect of the show, including the humour.

schmaltzy is a great word mate, had to look that up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This makes me uncomfortable

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

EC10 posted:

schmaltzy is a great word mate, had to look that up

try apostatize next, that's a good one too

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

sticksy posted:

lol this was posted by their official account too. Looks like a wench in a pirate movie.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Elaine?!

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/ThePeckMeister/status/1443285109998768128

Edit: post got deleted. Here's what it was:

Lightbulb Grease fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 30, 2021

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/HealthUntoDeath/status/1444259220623446020?s=19

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Feel like you could do a 'most cursed half and half scarves' thread. Has there ever been an old firm one. I'm too lazy to commit to the literal seconds it would take to Google this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can do you one better after i did google it

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

the sex ghost posted:

Feel like you could do a 'most cursed half and half scarves' thread. Has there ever been an old firm one. I'm too lazy to commit to the literal seconds it would take to Google this

The only good one.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Crazy Ted posted:

The fandom has turned into a cult.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
this is probably old news but interesting if you haven't seen it

https://english.elpais.com/usa/2021...d-to-spain.html

quote:

or, try to hide an account in Andorra, like soccer manager Pep Guardiola did.

quote:

The corporate tangle that, according to the Spanish Treasury, was used by Shakira to avoid paying €14.5 million in taxes, and the companies that are at the root of Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti’s problems with the taxman are among the 29,700 offshore companies exposed by this data leak.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1445032540633448455?s=19

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If that's all it took I'm surprised Apple didn't do that deal sooner considering how much cash they currently have.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wow. Worth 1 week of Bale's wages.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
$680k will give them the right to use Brentford’s third kit and footage of that Aston Villa v Stoke game from years ago

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Ted Lasso is free advertising for the league so I can see why it doesn't need to cost too much to get some usable match footage. I guess they'll mainly be doing CGI over Crystal Palace highlights?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm looking forward to Ted Lasso ushering in a new era of terrible plastic posting all over the internet.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

I'm looking forward to Ted Lasso ushering in a new era of terrible plastic posting all over the internet.

welcome to the first of many lmao

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Eric Cantonese posted:

Ted Lasso is free advertising for the league so I can see why it doesn't need to cost too much to get some usable match footage. I guess they'll mainly be doing CGI over Crystal Palace highlights?

Hope they employ the same method as Dream Team, with the really crudely colour-swapped kits for long shots and then closeups of players very obviously at a non-league club zoomed in tight so you can't see past the 20 extras making up the "crowd".

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hope they employ the same method as Dream Team, with the really crudely colour-swapped kits for long shots and then closeups of players very obviously at a non-league club zoomed in tight so you can't see past the 20 extras making up the "crowd".

I’d love a Dream Team reboot. I didn’t catch the final series but iirc they had some bonkers plotlines like snipers in the rafters and a player hanging themselves in the changing room.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There’s a decent vfx breakdown for how they’ve done the crowd shots. For a lot of the big stadium scenes you’re watching 25 people replicated really well.

https://youtu.be/hqIaPkTsGyA

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 5, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

I’d love a Dream Team reboot. I didn’t catch the final series but iirc they had some bonkers plotlines like snipers in the rafters and a player hanging themselves in the changing room.

gently caress that, we need a live action Roy Of The Rovers. The 80s ones where Roy got shot in the hair and they got hijacked and bombed (separate incidents) and Spandau Ballet turned out for them.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chas McGill posted:

I matched with someone on Hinge and the topic I had was "We'll get along if..." and I put "if you watch or play soccer".

Her response?

"Does Ted Lasso count?"

:negative:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

She sounds more fun than you

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Dream Team was great, it could be kinda realistic sometimes. The scenes where the players would invite their teammates to watch them having sex. The goalkeeper being shot by the SWAT team.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I matched with someone on Hinge and the topic I had was "We'll get along if..." and I put "if you watch or play soccer".

Her response?

"Does Ted Lasso count?"

:goonsay:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheBigAristotle posted:

Her response?

"Does Ted Lasso count?"

yeah but did she show you her chebs or not

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheBigAristotle posted:

Her response?

"Does Ted Lasso count?"

These are the types of SA posts i miss, thx

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

She sounds more fun than you

Rude

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

These are the types of SA posts i miss, thx

drat, that sucks

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’m an intellectually superior GOON 😤 who doesn’t even own a TV. I exclusively post and watch anime from my custom built RTX3090 Full ATX tower and I DO NOT leave my room to engage with modern normie culture as I deem it to be bland and uninteresting. I WILL NOT match with you if you are not virginal and 15 years younger than me

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Stop posting threadworthy posts about T*d L***o and instead give me Newcastle fans with their new petrostate dream lineups or saying that they want to keep Ashley because at least they know how he operates

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m an intellectually superior GOON 😤 who doesn’t even own a TV. I exclusively post and watch anime from my custom built RTX3090 Full ATX tower and I DO NOT leave my room to engage with modern normie culture as I deem it to be bland and uninteresting. I WILL NOT match with you if you are not virginal and 15 years younger than me

right thread

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I have no fuckin idea what tad asso is and nothing makes me wants to find out

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have no fuckin idea what tad asso is and nothing makes me wants to find out

You know the weed induced haze of love and togetherness you posted in a decade ago, it’s a tv show with the same kind of utopian idealism. But with football.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Stop posting threadworthy posts about T*d L***o and instead give me Newcastle fans with their new petrostate dream lineups or saying that they want to keep Ashley because at least they know how he operates

does this count

https://twitter.com/RealTalkMCFC/status/1445768803086790657?s=20

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That has to be a wind up

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

The good Newcastle hot take I saw today was some knob on Twitter saying "So what if the Saudis had a journo they didn't like dismembered all the other owners are corrupt in different ways m8"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

The good Newcastle hot take I saw today was some knob on Twitter saying "So what if the Saudis had a journo they didn't like dismembered all the other owners are corrupt in different ways m8"

Wrong thread