Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
FINAL FEW HOURS. Fully funded with everything unlocked. Some wonderful 28mm minis and scenics.
❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜
http://kck.st/3EZ4rDZ

Thank you everybody!

The_Doctor posted:

My friend just launched an RPG, Aegean! Set in a quasi-mythic historical city on the coast of the Aegean Sea, players are government, monster hunters, priests, etc.

I know him! I'll pop a cheeky pledge in tomorrow (after my KS ends so my followers don't get EVEN more alerts, hehe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
i went in on the iss vanguard late pledge option. maybe I'll play it maybe i won't. i liked tainted grail and all that poo poo that came with it so why not. i mostly use the miniatures for DnD so whatever.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy poo poo.

Marvel Dice Throne is coming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicethrone/marvel-dice-throne

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I keep debating if I want to take the plunge because the scifi exploration gameplay sounds cool but I don't know if my friends would give it a try.

I've also been on the fence about dice throne but will totally get a marvel version.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I just hope they haven't been hamstrung by the license to restrict any compatibility with their other products. It would suck if the Marvel characters couldn't be used in Adventures or to fight against Season 1/2 characters.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

JazzFlight posted:

I just hope they haven't been hamstrung by the license to restrict any compatibility with their other products. It would suck if the Marvel characters couldn't be used in Adventures or to fight against Season 1/2 characters.
I would be very surprised if Manny and Nate agreed to anything of that sort. Not saying it's impossible - but it's just not something I would expect them to agree to, given the whole nature of Dice Throne.

e: Not to say it's impossible - it happened in Villainous, after all, by making extra mechanics core gameplay....

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 5, 2021

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

That's basically what will determine my interest in this. I'd personally have preferred they just do more Dice Throne in their own setting, but as long as it's compatible with previous Dice Throne products I'll do it, whatever. If it's its own standalone thing, I'm probably gonna pass.

It doesn't help that Too Many Bones' last big standalone expansion KS will be going around the same time and I expect that to total over $300 at the moment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Too Many Bones might interest me if they do a discounted intro set for newcomers, because it's import only to Australia.

Apparently the new expansion will fit into that Treasure Trove box they made as well.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Azubah posted:

I keep debating if I want to take the plunge because the scifi exploration gameplay sounds cool but I don't know if my friends would give it a try.

You can play it solo, which is what I plan to do.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I backed Don’t Go in There because it’s seasonably spoopy, and it’s from the makers of Canvas.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Good point. I know I have time to make my decision since it was delayed again.

The shipping snafu hosed everything, didn't it?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

i went in on the iss vanguard late pledge option. maybe I'll play it maybe i won't. i liked tainted grail and all that poo poo that came with it so why not. i mostly use the miniatures for DnD so whatever.

I've been stinking about it for a while but idk...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Azubah posted:

Good point. I know I have time to make my decision since it was delayed again.

The shipping snafu hosed everything, didn't it?
Your use of the past tense is adorably optimistic. :)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Infinitum posted:

Too Many Bones might interest me if they do a discounted intro set for newcomers, because it's import only to Australia.

Apparently the new expansion will fit into that Treasure Trove box they made as well.

There's Undertow, which can be played stand-alone, but that's still $90.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Mere days after WotC announced D&D maybe-5.5E-maybe-6E-we're-being-coy-about-that is coming in 2024, ENWorld's publishing arm is having a stab at Pathfindering 5E: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/level-up-advanced-5th-edition-a5e

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The "forged in the dark" Chew RPG Kickstarter dropped today.

Got a glance at it back at Gen Con, it seems solid from what I got to see.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I love Dice Throne and wish its creators the best and will even follow the campaign in hopes that it proves my gut instinct wrong BUT...

There is nothing more depressing and "corporate synergy" feeling than the announcement of a new project being two logos stacked on top of each other.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Warthur posted:

Mere days after WotC announced D&D maybe-5.5E-maybe-6E-we're-being-coy-about-that is coming in 2024, ENWorld's publishing arm is having a stab at Pathfindering 5E: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/enworld/level-up-advanced-5th-edition-a5e

I was never going to like or be even mildly interested in this, but I gotta say, the redundancy between all the graphics in the pitch went from annoying to sad to funny. It gives it a low-rent first-timer feel that it definitely should not have.

Compatible with 5e!

Depth but not complexity!

Exploration pillar!

Over and over!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

That Old Tree posted:

I was never going to like or be even mildly interested in this, but I gotta say, the redundancy between all the graphics in the pitch went from annoying to sad to funny. It gives it a low-rent first-timer feel that it definitely should not have.

Compatible with 5e!

Exploration pillar!

Over and over!

they know their audience needs things spelled out slowly and repeatedly is why

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Old Tree posted:

Compatible with 5e!

Exploration pillar!

Over and over!
Goddamn it. Morrus does not write good rules, and I'm not remotely the audience for "5E but MORE!"... However there's a Zeitgeist setting guide as an add-on and. Well, poo poo.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
We just entered the 48 hour mark on The Red Burnoose: Algeria 1857!

The game is fully funded and just about to its final stretch goal for custom dice. We really wanted to make something different with this deckbuilder/wargame mashup and from what we are hearing from everyone we achieved that. If you haven't checked out the project yet please do before the campaign ends on Thursday.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

That Old Tree posted:

Exploration pillar!

Well, it's hard to deny that 5e completely failed on this front.

dwarf74 posted:

Goddamn it. Morrus does not write good rules, and I'm not remotely the audience for "5E but MORE!"... However there's a Zeitgeist setting guide as an add-on and. Well, poo poo.

Surely there will be a backerkit.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

If it's just loving Avengers/MCU-centric characters then it'll be boring. Hope they've put in a decent amount of Spider-Man/X-Men stuff into this.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The whole engine to date after two seasons has 16 characters, I wonder how many they'll try and pack in to this even.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

So here's a question: are USPS tracking updates total bullshit? I just pulled a package from the mail that is listed as having been checked into a sorting facility in a city around three hours away two hours ago. Still not listed as showing up for two more days.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

DLC Inc posted:

If it's just loving Avengers/MCU-centric characters then it'll be boring. Hope they've put in a decent amount of Spider-Man/X-Men stuff into this.
It'll most definitely be Avengers/MCU. Prob 8 characters like a normal season.
I'm guessing Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

theironjef posted:

The whole engine to date after two seasons has 16 characters, I wonder how many they'll try and pack in to this even.
I would expect 8 just because they've got a lot on their plates even with this many. And it seems to be the size of a "season."

Probably some heroes and some villains but it's not like Marvel is shy about having heroes kicking the poo poo out of each other - so I dunno.

If it's 16... It'd double the characters to-date and RIP my wallet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

It'll most definitely be Avengers/MCU. Prob 8 characters like a normal season.
I'm guessing Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel?

that seems like a safe bet and then they'd probably do X-men as "season 2" unfortunately. I really hate how the MCU has made the same plate of food the first course for every meal involving Marvel

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

EverettLO posted:

So here's a question: are USPS tracking updates total bullshit?

Yes. USPS tracking works on a massive delay and was never a great indicator of when things were going to arrive even before the Postmaster General decided to actively sabotage the service from the top down.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

EverettLO posted:

So here's a question: are USPS tracking updates total bullshit? I just pulled a package from the mail that is listed as having been checked into a sorting facility in a city around three hours away two hours ago. Still not listed as showing up for two more days.

Yeah, they're looser than your usual, but your stuff will be in good hands. Dw about it too much.

EverettLO
Jul 2, 2007
I'm a lurker no more

Nea posted:

Yeah, they're looser than your usual, but your stuff will be in good hands. Dw about it too much.

I'm not disparaging USPS in general. It's already in good hands - I'm literally holding it right now! I just wonder why they're still updating that it's 180 miles away and providing new, obviously wrong timestamped updates showing a phantom package working its way through the system.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

EverettLO posted:

I'm not disparaging USPS in general. It's already in good hands - I'm literally holding it right now! I just wonder why they're still updating that it's 180 miles away and providing new, obviously wrong timestamped updates showing a phantom package working its way through the system.

They're understaffed and undertrained, but it seems like most packages are getting there, however weird the reporting has been on occasion.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The USPS guy I deal with at work sometimes said the cutbacks resulted in a lot less technicians so if the scanners go offline or something, they’ll record data locally on the device but if there’s nobody to fix the connectivity issue, there might be days worth of scans that don’t register until someone can get there to fix it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

EverettLO posted:

Once, just a few weeks ago, I had usps mark something as delivered and it showed up two+ hours later. Incidentally, it was right as the local nearby office was closed, so they did it so it wasn't marked as being late.

Like I don't care when a thing arrives, or even if it arrives later. I just care the reporting is accurate. Don't mark things as delivered if they haven't been.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Once, just a few weeks ago, I had usps mark something as delivered and it showed up two+ hours later. Incidentally, it was right as the local nearby office was closed, so they did it so it wasn't marked as being late.

Like I don't care when a thing arrives, or even if it arrives later. I just care the reporting is accurate. Don't mark things as delivered if they haven't been.

I've gone over to complain when there were very strange markings in the tracking page and the person at the desk just told me "oh, the supervisor just marked it wrong, it should be arriving today."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

EverettLO posted:

Speaking as a postal carrier there's a lot of steps in the process where the mail should be properly scanned for the purposes of keeping a reliable list of places where it's been and the final two steps of this process should be "scanned as loaded into the truck for delivery" and then "scanned delivered". But there's a lot of steps along the way where this breaks down somewhere and I'll get a package on my route that doesn't exist on the package look-ahead screen on my scanner and I'll just put it in the truck anyway, or it's a package that you don't actually have to have scanned to be delivered. It's weird. There's a lot of small hitches and mistakes along the way. Sometimes there's just no package manifest for a route at all so there's no point in trying to scan them for loading, you just prep them for delivery and go. Part of the other problem is the fact that data is stored locally in scanners and when you plug them in to recharge they upload the data for record-keeping...and they've replaced the previously more robust brick scanners with a new smart-phone like model that doesn't connect for uploading if you don't log off them before trying to recharge. Hooray for technological innovation being cranked out without forethought.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

There's Undertow, which can be played stand-alone, but that's still $90.

The new standalone is being said to have more beginner-friendly gearlocs than Undertow's, which are decidedly not. I suspect the best starting place will remain the core box, which is the most straightforward and has four gearlocs to play with that are all good.

There's never going to be a cheap place to buy in. There's never going to be an international shipping friendly version. (If they get big enough, Chip Theory will hopefully work out better solutions for international sales, but that's a different story.) It's a game made out of neoprene mats, premium grade poker chips, custom dice, extremely heavy duty plastic trays (I smashed one with a hammer, long story, and it took a lot of work!), and incredibly rugged plastic cards. Not a single component of that is inexpensive and in aggregate it's very heavy and bulky.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

malkav11 posted:

The new standalone is being said to have more beginner-friendly gearlocs than Undertow's, which are decidedly not. I suspect the best starting place will remain the core box, which is the most straightforward and has four gearlocs to play with that are all good.

There's never going to be a cheap place to buy in. There's never going to be an international shipping friendly version. (If they get big enough, Chip Theory will hopefully work out better solutions for international sales, but that's a different story.) It's a game made out of neoprene mats, premium grade poker chips, custom dice, extremely heavy duty plastic trays (I smashed one with a hammer, long story, and it took a lot of work!), and incredibly rugged plastic cards. Not a single component of that is inexpensive and in aggregate it's very heavy and bulky.

TLDR: it’s a game with its own piece of furniture.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Warthur posted:

Pathfinder forked from D&D partly so people could keep playing 3.5, and partly to tweak the rules, right? So if Pathfinder is going to remap onto D&D v5 ... why not just play D&D, or is there something more on offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

malkav11 posted:

Yeah, you're not wrong, especially about someone being faced with like, Stanza, as their first gearlock. If you were to start with Undertow, you'd probably want to grab an addon like Nugget or Ghille which, at that point, might as well get the core box.