Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Thanks so much for this! Was only able to buy a ticket to one night so this is rad to see the others

thepokey fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Anyone have rips of the second and third night shows? I caught most of em on the streams but didn't have time to watch the whole thing for either.

Great shows all around. Really enjoyed I Was Nothing last night.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Hoping that some audio/mp3 rips of this turn up on archive or wherever ... think this is the best sounding shows we've had since the reunion?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

https://mega.nz/folder/qSo1BSjJ#UgQk0F82Lr7UR9QPe6XDdw 10-02-21

https://mega.nz/folder/nTZwjZqZ#SoUDqmQY0QIv1ryFe5ujZg10-03-21

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

thepokey posted:

Hoping that some audio/mp3 rips of this turn up on archive or wherever ... think this is the best sounding shows we've had since the reunion?

it's been a five year reunion tour, that's a bold claim

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Elephunk posted:

it's been a five year reunion tour, that's a bold claim

True, theres a few good proshot ones, but im not sure what one would be better audio than this?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

thepokey posted:

True, theres a few good proshot ones, but im not sure what one would be better audio than this?

Lockn is good, but they are both ran by the same guy so makes sense. I'm just hoping there was a lot of orders so we see more of this. Hell, I'd take soundboard audio only for 5-10 a show.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Lockn is good, but they are both ran by the same guy so makes sense. I'm just hoping there was a lot of orders so we see more of this. Hell, I'd take soundboard audio only for 5-10 a show.

I think the band hates that hippies like them and tape the shows because it's not cool to be a hippy or something

I find this especially funny 5 years into touring with no new music

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

The only thing I would say about these streams is that it would have been cool to get a little more crowd noise at times. The almost complete lack of crowd noise made some parts sound awkward.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ween’s always been and continues to be cool with boots and streaming. Check out the bounty over on archive.org or browntracker for drat near every performance since the ‘90s.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

Ween’s always been and continues to be cool with boots and streaming. Check out the bounty over on archive.org or browntracker for drat near every performance since the ‘90s.

Oh I know but they still like to act that the hippy scene isn't "real" Ween fandom. They don't like what Phish did for them covering Roses 30 years ago.

Then you go to a show in 2021 and are surrounded by 3.0 Phish Tour shirts

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
I don't know that they still like to act like that--at least I haven't seen any of the band talk about it anytime recently. If I were them and I had, for whatever reason, no intention of ever putting out any more music, I'd be doing everything I can to embrace the jammy hippies, cause they'll be the band's bread and butter from here on out.

e: the band having given up on new music bums me out so much. Aaron stopped into my town on his Freeman tour and it was a blast to hear him playing stuff that was fresh to him. If that album was an indication of the music he's got left in him, it's a crime not to be doing something else.

Sir Bobert Fishbone fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 5, 2021

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

...and Cameo appearances

(The Deaner ones in Ghaddafi outfit are so good)

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

They're not hippies. They've never been hippies. They've never purposefully catered to hippies. It's weird that hippies think they have ownership of Ween fandom.

Ween have never been all sentimental about their audience anyway. I mean, Dean wrote a song telling his fans to leave him the gently caress alone when they see him in public.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

They're not hippies. They've never been hippies. They've never purposefully catered to hippies. It's weird that hippies think they have ownership of Ween fandom.

Ween have never been all sentimental about their audience anyway. I mean, Dean wrote a song telling his fans to leave him the gently caress alone when they see him in public.

this hippy made a good tape
https://archive.org/details/ween2021-10-01
https://archive.org/details/ween2021-10-02
https://archive.org/details/ween2021-10-03

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

Happy Hippo posted:

Dean wrote a song telling his fans to leave him the gently caress alone when they see him in public.

Which one is that?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ween's audience is a lot of hippie/jamband scene. The band/music itself has nothing to do with that scene

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Planet X posted:

Which one is that?

Leave Deaner Alone lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlDIy3goKyM

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Brooklyn Bowl shows have been upped to YouTube and goddamn, Springtheme is always the best. :allears:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

The Brooklyn Bowl shows have been upped to YouTube and goddamn, Springtheme is always the best. :allears:

It rules

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

LOL thanks. I'm a longtime fan, but I've never listened to this album as I heard it wasn't their best work so I wasn't familiar with the song. Guess I've got it on my list now.

Edit: Oh that songs off the demo

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

la cucaracha has some really good poo poo on it. it feels maybe a little by-the-numbers or contrived which is why it's not a favorite and the band even says it's not their best work. but whatever it's still good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TggDxLF4FgQ

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 6, 2021

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

We have this discussion once a year it feels like

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

band discussion repetitive, how about that

Holy hot dang

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

My only real complaint with La Cucaracha is that it gave us Woman and Man, which sucks to get live because it's so boring and takes as much time as 3-4 better songs.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I prefer repetitive album talk to “they’ve don’t even play new music at the shows” over and over again. Just what do you think Ween owes you even. Move onnnnnnn.

Every time I’ve seen Woman and Man live they cut the intro and I want that poo poo. Stretch it out longer if you can. :getin:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 6, 2021

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

I prefer repetitive album talk to “they’ve don’t even play new music at the shows” over and over again. Just what do you think Ween owes you even. Move onnnnnnn.

Ween owes me a Kim smoltz the next time I see them

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Still waiting on Vallejo. Been 20 years

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

...not gonna lie, I really do need one of those 30-minute LMLYPs.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Just what do you think Ween owes you even.

a tour date less than a 15-hour drive away

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bold Robot posted:

The only thing I would say about these streams is that it would have been cool to get a little more crowd noise at times. The almost complete lack of crowd noise made some parts sound awkward.

This mix will be more to your liking then:

Thanks for the links mang!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

...not gonna lie, I really do need one of those 30-minute LMLYPs.

Saw that my first show. Was good.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

greazeball posted:

This mix will be more to your liking then:

Thanks for the links mang!

Hell yeah that's the stuff.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I do have a soft spot for La Cucaracha since thats the only album I've seen them tour for here in Australia so I think I have good memories/times associated with that, but I do hope they at some point release a more fitting final album. For now I've just combined the best of Freeman/DWG into a playlist.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Didn't see the youtube links get posted yet so here are the 3 Brooklyn Bowl nights:

10/1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AswTagSAlfc

10/2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP8qm71nf3E

10/3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBtl0C4z_Y

Honestly some of the best shows I've ever been to. Finally got Right to the Ways which I've been wanting for a long time.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
They need to mix some crowd noise in. That’s a super weird mix.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I usually avoid listening to live recordings because I don't like crowd noise, I just want to hear the performance. Mixing in the crowd when the band isn't playing is fine with me though.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Sir Bobert Fishbone fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 31, 2021

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Had tickets to Oakland but couldn't pull it together in time and they had to go and bust out Vallejo for the first time in over 20 years. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

caligulamprey posted:

Had tickets to Oakland but couldn't pull it together in time and they had to go and bust out Vallejo for the first time in over 20 years. :argh:

Holy poo poo. Are there any good recordings yet?