Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I've got that show on a harddrive somewhere and the only thing I remember nearly a decade later is that Mad Blankey-era BxB Hulk was cool and I enjoyed his match with Ibushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is there any reason why he's never really had a proper run with the top title?

I know he held the Open the Dream Gate belt once, but wasn't that a relatively short run?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nah, Hulk's Dream Gate reign was almost a year long. He's had a lot of nagging injuries over the years though (which he both works through and comes back too soon from), so that's probably why he hasn't gotten it again.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

poo poo, you're right. For some reason, I kept thinking it was shorter than it actually was. I honestly have no idea why.

Still, 1 reign seven years ago just seems criminally low.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

More must watch programming on Wrestle Universe

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1445734310779109382

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm expecting and hoping for a show where they have to guess each other's responses to questions.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

honestly I'd be happy with a single camera locked shot of just them chatting and eating snacks for half an hour.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
GLEAT LIDET UWF Ver.1 premieres late tonight/early tomorrow depending on your location.

Yu Iizuka vs Daichi Hashimoto
Minoru Tanaka, Takanori Ito vs Hikaru Sato, Rocky Kawamura
Kaz Hayashi vs Tatsuo Nakano
Daijiro Matsui vs Tetsuya Ido
Fujiwara Lion vs Sekine "Shrek" Hideki
Michiko Miyagi vs Maya Fukuda

All matches are Lidet UWF rules. Interested to see how a 6-man works.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Is it not on the 9th?

I'm confused. (Also it's Rocky Kawamura 2 now because Rocky Kawamura was retired by Minoru Suzuki in August)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It says "premieres in 11 hours" as of this post, so :shrug:

The only thing I can think of is that it was taped on September 10th so the date format made it look like the show was airing on October 9th?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I don't think so, coz you can see the format they do use for their events here: https://ent.lidet.co.jp/event/

Oh, mystery solved, it's an interview with some of the wrestlers on the show according to Google translate

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

sticklefifer posted:

GLEAT LIDET UWF Ver.1 premieres late tonight/early tomorrow depending on your location.

Yu Iizuka vs Daichi Hashimoto
Minoru Tanaka, Takanori Ito vs Hikaru Sato, Rocky Kawamura
Fujiwara Lion vs Sekine "Shrek" Hideki
Michiko Miyagi vs Maya Fukuda

All matches are Lidet UWF rules. Interested to see how a 6-man works.

What's the stand out performancer (from this card/gleat in general) to checkout?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Oh, mystery solved, it's an interview with some of the wrestlers on the show according to Google translate
Ah, OK. The Youtube page had some poor translation. I understand a good amount of Japanese when I'm hearing it, but I still can't read kanji worth poo poo. :v:

FatBagzJones posted:

What's the stand out performancer (from this card/gleat in general) to checkout?
So this UWF card has a lot of legit MMA guys doing guest appearances, but out of the GLEAT roster on this particular show, my personal faves are Yu Iizuka (fantastic selling, really versatile, does both shoot-style UWF and G.Prowrestling), Takanori Ito who's pretty clearly being positioned as a main eventer, and Michiko Miyagi who I'm pretty sure is still the only woman signed to the roster so far, and they just bring in other joshis to fight her.

On their pro wrestling shows you've got the ones I mentioned, plus the Strong Hearts crew led by CIMA/T-Hawk/El Lindaman, Kaz Hayashi who you might remember from WCW, and the really fun Beefy Boys team of Ryuichi Kawakami & Hayato Tamura. Soma Watanabe is also really good at only 22.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 7, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Tatsumi Fujinami is OUT of the of All Japan Ota Ward Gym show on the 16th with cellulitis

"Due to the absence, Great Kojika, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, and Shiro Koshinaka will be urgently participating."

Great Kojika? Oh dear.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Busy weekend, Stardom & TJPW go to head-to-head with big women's shows, Lidet UWF is back, G1 rolls on, Marufuji vs Nakajima, lots to be watching. Relatively quieter week though, which I am grateful for as I struggle to keep my backlog below 30 shows.

9/10/2021, Saturday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

Big Japan Dainichi Black Company Hell's October Series Round 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Daichi Hashimoto & Takuho Kato vs Kazumasa Yoshida & Kazumi Kikuta
Kazuki Hashimoto & Takaaki Sato vs Kota Sekifuda & Tatsuhiko Yoshino
Daisuke Sekimoto, Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuji Okabayashi vs Fuminori Abe, Takuya Nomura & Yuya Aoki
Block & Block Death Match: Abdullah Kobayashi vs Kankuro Hoshino vs Shunma Katsumta
Fluorecent Light Death Match: Jaki Numazawa, Ryuji Ito & Yuki Ishikawa vs Masashi Takeda, Takumi Tsukamoto & Toshiyuki Sakuda
Barbed Wire Item Death Match: Hideyoshi Kamitani & Masaya Takahashi vs Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto)
GCW Ultraviolent Title UV Shock Death Match: Drew Parker(c) vs Akira Hyodo
On LineLive

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EST/9pm PST

Stardom 10th Anniversary Grand Final Osaka Dream Cinderella 2021
Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
Lady C & Waka Tsukiyama vs Oedo Tai (Rina & Saki Kashima)
Future of Stardom Title: Unagi Sayaka(c) vs Ruaka
Cosmic Angels (Mai Sakurai & Mina Shirakawa) vs Maria & Rin Kadokura
High Speed Title: Starlight Kid(c) vs Fukigen Death
Artist of Stardom Titles: Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi)(c) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Momo Watanabe & Saya Kamitani)
Hazuki vs Koguma
SWA World Title UWF Rules: Syuri(c) vs Konami
Wonder of Stardom Title: Tam Nakano(c) vs Mayu Iwatani
World of Stardom Title No Time Limit: Utami Hayashishita(c) vs Takumi Iroha
Live on PPV for 4620 Yen & Uploaded later to Stardom World

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EST/10pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestle Princess II
Ota Ward General Gymnasium, Tokyo
Haruna Neko, Kaya Toribami & Mahiro Kiryu vs Pom Harajuku, Raku & Ram Kaicho
Hyper Misao vs Nodoka Tenma vs Rika Tatsumi
Arisu Endo & Suzume vs Riho & Shoko Nakajima
Aja Kong & Moka Miyamoto vs Miu Watanabe & Yuki Arai
Princess Tag Team Titles: Mei Saint-Michel & Sakisama(c) vs Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki
International Princess Title: Hikari Noa(c) vs Yuki Aino
Princess of Princess Title: Miyu Yamashita(c) vs Maki Itoh
Live on Wrestle Universe

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EST/1am PST

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 13
EDION Arena, Osaka
Kosei Fujita & Ryohei Oiwa vs Suzukigun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Hiromu Takahashi vs Tomohiro Ishii
G1 Climax Block A: KENTA vs Zack Sabre Jr
G1 Climax Block A: Toru Yano vs Yujiro Takahashi
G1 Climax Block A: Shingo Takagi vs Tanga Loa
G1 Climax Block A: Great O Khan vs Kota Ibushi
Live on NJPW World

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST

Dragon Gate The Gate of Victory Night 4
KBS Hall, Kyoto
High End (Ben-K, Dragon Kid & Keisuke Okuda) vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Shachihoko Boy & Shuji Kondo)
Masquerade (Jason Lee & Kota Minoura) vs Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi & U-T)
Masquerade (Dragon Dia, La Estrella & Shun Skywalker) vs RED (Dia Inferno, Diamante & Eita)
Don Fujii & Naruki Doi vs Ishin Iihashi & Riki Iihashi
High End (Kagetora & YAMATO) vs RED (BxB Hulk & Kaito Ishida)
Natural Vibes (Funky Jacky Kamei, KING Shimizu & Susumu Yokosuka) vs RED (HYO, KAI & SB KENTo)
Live on DG Network

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EST/2:30am PST

All Japan Anniversary Tour Night 2
Koji Doi vs Ryoma Tsukamoto
Black Mensore & Takao Omori vs Jun Saito & Rei Saito
Fuminori Abe & Ryuji Hijikata vs Seigo Tachibana & Yoshitatsu
Dan Tamura, Shotaro Ashino & Suwama vs Purple Haze (Izanagi, Shigehiro Irie & Zeus)
NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi, Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Total Eclipse (Hokuto Omori, Jake Lee & Kuma Arashi)
All Asia Tag Team Titles: Stronghearts (El Lindaman & T-Hawk)(c) vs Koji Iwamoto & Ryuki Honda
GAORA TV Title: Shuji Ishikawa(c) vs Daisuke Sekimoto
Live on AJPW TV

GLEAT LIDET UWF Ver.1
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Maya Fukuda vs Michiko Miyagi
Hideki "Shrek" Sekine" vs Rionne Fujiwara
Hikaru Sato & Rocky Kawamura 2 vs Minoru Tanaka & Takanori Ito
Daichi Hashimoto & Yu Iizuka
I am assuming this will be live on NicoNico & then on their Youtube within a few weeks as with recent shows.

9pm JST/11pm AEDT/1pm BST/8am EST/5am PST

NJPW Strong Autumn Attack
Curtis Culwell Center, Garland
Fred Rosser vs Minoru Suzuki
Strong Openweight Title: Tom Lawlor(c) vs Ren Narita
Jay White vs Robbie Eagles
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Actwres girlZ & Ice Ribbon

10/10/2021, Sunday

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EST/9pm PST

DDT Get Alive 2021 Tour In Nagano
Nagano City Museum of Art Act Space, Nagano
Keigo Nakamura vs Soma Takao
Chris Brookes, Daisuke Sasaki & Hideki Okatani vs Kazusada Higuchi, MAO & Saki Akai
Akito & Yuya Koroku vs Ilusion & Tetsuya Endo
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Ueno) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama, Mizuki Watase & Yusuke Okada)
Disaster Box (HARASHIMA & Naomi Yoshimura) vs Yuji Hino & Yukio Naya
Antonio Honda, Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino vs Kazuki Hirata, Toru Owashi & Yasushi Kanda
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EST/12am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Grand Square In Osaka
EDION Arena, Osaka
Daiki Inaba & Kai Fujimura vs Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano
Funky Express (Akitoshi Saito, King Tani & Muhammed Yone) vs Kongo (Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke)
Junta Miyawaki & Masa Kitamiya vs Kongo (Aleja & Manabu Soya)
Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Kotaro Suzuki & YO-HEY) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yoshinari Ogawa)
M's Alliance (Masaaki Mochizuki, Masakatsu Funaki & Masato Tanaka) vs Sugiuragun (Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & Takashi Sugiura)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Atsushi Kotoge & Hajime Ohara(c) vs Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Eita & NOSAWA Rongai)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: HAYATA(c) vs Daisuke Harada
Kaito Kiyomiya & Kenoh vs Kazushi Sakuraba & Keiji Mutoh
GHC Heavyweight Title: Naomichi Marufuji(c) vs Katsuhiko Nakajima
Live on Wrestle Universe

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/11am BST/6am EST/3am PST

FREEDOMS To The 13th Year of FREEDOMS
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu & Rekka vs GENTARO, Kamui & Kenji Fukimoto
Dragon Libre vs Mammoth Sasaki
Kengo, Leo Isaka & Yuya Susumu vs Takahiro Katori, Takashi Sasaki & Tatsuhiko Takaiwa
Jun Kasai & Rina Yamashita vs Masashi Takeda & Orca Uto
Daisuke Masaoka, Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura vs ERE (Takayuki Ueki, Toshiyuki Sakuda & Violento Jack)
Nothing announced which means probably it'll be on NicoNico

Also shows from Diana, 2AW, Ryuku Pro, Dove Pro & YMZ

11/10/2021, Monday

Dump Matsumoto Produce Show & BJW

12/10/2021, Tuesday

DDT Get Alive 2021
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Prelim: Antonio Honda, Baliyan Akki & Masahiro Takanashi vs Gota Ihashi, Yukio Naya & Yuya Koroku
Prelim: Kazuki Hirata vs Yoshihiko
Prelim: Riko Kawahata vs Saki Akai
Kazusada Higuchi vs Yuki Ishida
Danshoku Dieno, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari vs Sanshiro Takagi, Soma Takao & Toru Owashi
Chris Brookes, Kazusada Higuchi & Tetsuya Endo vs MAO, Yuji Hino & Yuki Ueno
KO-D 8 Man Tag Team Titles: Akito, Hiroshi Yamato, Keigo Nakamura & Yoshiaki Yatsu(c) vs Junretsu (Hideki Okatani, Jun Akiyama, Mizuki Watase & Yusuke Okada)
DDT Extreme Title: Shinya Aoki(c) vs Yumiko Hotta
KO-D Tag Team Titles: 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita & Shunma Katsumata)(c) vs Disaster Box (HARASHIMA & Naomi Yoshimura)
DDT Universal Title: Daisuke Sasaki(c) vs Isami Kodaka
Live on Wrestle Universe

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 14
Xebio Arena, Sendai
Hiromu Takahashi vs Ryohei Oiwa
G1 Climax Block B: Taichi vs Tama Tonga
G1 Climax Block B: SANADA vs YOSHI-HASHI
G1 Climax Block B: Chase Owens vs Kazuchika Okada
G1 Climax Block B: EVIL vs Hirooki Goto
G1 Climax Block B: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jeff Cobb
Live on NJPW World

13/10/2021, Wednesday

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 15
Xebio Arena, Sendai
Hiromu Takahashi vs Kosei Fujita
Kota Ibushi vs Satoshi Kojima
G1 Climax Block A: Tomohiro Ishii vs Yujiro Takahashi
G1 Climax Block A: KENTA vs Tanga Loa
G1 Climax Block A: Toru Yano vs Zack Sabre Jr
G1 Climax Block A: Great O Khan vs Shingo Takagi
Live on NJPW World

SEAdLINNNG Korakuen Hall
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
DASH Chisako vs Riko Kaiju
AKARI vs Leon vs Mei Suruga
Asuka, Makoto, Yuna Manase & X vs Itsuki Aoki, Rie Kawabata, Rina Yamashita & Yumiko Hotta
Hiroyo Matsumoto & Nanae Takahashi vs Masato Tanaka & Yuu
Arisa Nakajima vs Hanaka Nakamori
Live on iPPV

14/10/2021, Thursday

NJPW G1 Climax 31 Night 15
Yamagata City General Sports Centre, Yamagata
Kosei Fujita & Ryohei Oiwa vs LIJ (BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)
G1 Climax Block B: Chase Owens & Taichi
G1 Climax Block B: Hirooki Goto & SANADA
G1 Climax Block B: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs YOSHI-HASHI
G1 Climax Block B: EVIL vs Jeff Cobb
G1 Climax Block B: Kazuchika Okada vs Tama Tonga
Live on NJPW World

Also BJW/ZERO1

15/10/2021, Friday

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST

NOAH Go To Demolition Stage 2021
Radiant Hall, Yokohama
Daiki Inaba vs Yasutaka Yano
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Nioh
Kongo (Aleja, Haoh & Tadasuke) vs Stinger (HAYATA, Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu)
Kotaro Suzuki vs Yoshinari Ogawa
Elimination Tag: Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada, Hajime Ohara & Junta Miyawaki vs Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Eita, Ikuto Hidaka, NOSAWA Rongai & YO-HEY)
Live on Wrestle Universe

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is this the first time Kanda's worked with DDT?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

As far as I can find, yes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd love to watch Stardom but no loving way am I missing out on Wrestle Princess II

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'd love to watch Stardom but no loving way am I missing out on Wrestle Princess II

Honestly, just wait until the Stardom show is on World & watch both. They usually will have it up by the following Thursday.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ARE YOU MY BEST FRIEND? Is currently live on Wrestle Universe, with special guest Mr Haku as a moderator and translator

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/4HHJ1T6bhVeYfC661k9vCA

They've got beers

e: Chris Brookes wanted to be like 216-time Heavymetalweight Champion Shinobu before he was a wrestler, Take wanted to be like Shawn Michaels. He also really liked the Four Horsemen

e2: The first time the two worked together was from that show where Chris put Shunma in a figure-four and they went down a waterslide

e3: Take sucks at timekeeping, he only showed up for this show 8 minutes before they went live

e4: Chris' favourite food is Horse Sashimi, which sounds bonkers to my Australian ears

e5: Chris thinks his best match in DDT was the one he had with Takeshita last month. I agree

e6: CONFIRMATION, Takeshita wrote a 20 page thesis in college about the logistics of the German Suplex. He got an A mark

e7: Chris Brookes wants to kick down another forbidden door, he wants to fight EL DESPERADO. Take wants Jungle Boy

e8: Takeshita wants to go to the West Coast of America and visit muscle beach, possibly do a BOLA. Chrissy B wants to come to Australia and wrestle, maybe to hang out with Royce Chambers

e9: Itoh once got very angry with Chris because he couldn't learn the choreography for Ultimate Party 2019, Yuki Ueno had to calm her down

e10: Takeshita is super proud of the double deadlift German suplex he hit at Kawasaki Strong in February. People should watch that show again, it was ace

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 8, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a fun way to spend an hour, Takeshita's English was really quite good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

e3: Take sucks at timekeeping, he only showed up for this show 8 minutes before they went live

e6: CONFIRMATION, Takeshita wrote a 20 page thesis in college about the logistics of the German Suplex. He got an A mark

A man after my own heart :shobon:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm surprised he actually went to college given he debuted at 17 (against El Generico!)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm surprised he actually went to college given he debuted at 17 (against El Generico!)

From what Wikipedia says he was admitted into Nippon Sport Science University in 2014, so after he had already started wrestling. Interestingly, the university lists Yota Tsuji among their alumni

e: their source

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That inspired me to look up who graduated from the university I teach at and we got Kairi Hojo, sick.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Has anyone else been watching Squid Game and thinking the main character is reminiscent of an older Jake Lee?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I have not seen Squid Game but talking of Jake Lee, if the lack of English commentary has been a hurdle to you watching All Japan then Yoshitatsu has done English commentary for the recent Triple Crown defence against Suwama.

...Didn't he do a Wrestle Kingdom once & it was awful?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The problem with Yoshitatsu's commentary was more that he didn't know what to say and would occasionally chime in. He sometimes came up with some interesting information but he spoke so sporadically that it was clear he didn't need to be there.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Had a chuckle at today's All Japan show. Yuma Aoyagi just lost the World Tag belts last month, and rather than try to regain them with his usual partner he goes straight into challenging for the All Asia Tag belts with his brother. Yeah I know Kento's busy at the moment, but Jesus

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

10/10/2021, Sunday
4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EST/12am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Grand Square In Osaka
EDION Arena, Osaka
Daiki Inaba & Kai Fujimura vs Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano
Funky Express (Akitoshi Saito, King Tani & Muhammed Yone) vs Kongo (Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke)
Junta Miyawaki & Masa Kitamiya vs Kongo (Aleja & Manabu Soya)
Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Kotaro Suzuki & YO-HEY) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yoshinari Ogawa)
M's Alliance (Masaaki Mochizuki, Masakatsu Funaki & Masato Tanaka) vs Sugiuragun (Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & Takashi Sugiura)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Atsushi Kotoge & Hajime Ohara(c) vs Los Perros del Mal de Japon (Eita & NOSAWA Rongai)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: HAYATA(c) vs Daisuke Harada
Kaito Kiyomiya & Kenoh vs Kazushi Sakuraba & Keiji Mutoh
GHC Heavyweight Title: Naomichi Marufuji(c) vs Katsuhiko Nakajima
Live on Wrestle Universe

If anyone's interested and doesn't have Wrestle Universe, this is also available free and worldwide on Abema.tv. The preshow has started, but there won't be any matches for at least another 25 minutes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching some Freedoms and just seen Kenji Fukimoto & Masashi Takeda staple badminton rackets onto each other's shoulder

And Rina just gave Takeda a guitar shot Honky Tonk Man would be proud of; that was no worked guitar

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 11, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Reading the backstage comments from yesterdays DDT show (which is going up on the 13th) and Junretsu have declared that the'll disband if they lose their 8-man title match tomorrow. Which is weird considering it's only been a month or so since they were in the Dramatic Survivor tournament, were the loser had to disband, seems to just be spoiling tomorrow's result.

Also, everyone watch tomorrow's DDT show since it's live. Not only will 37KAMIINA/DisasterBox for the tag belts rule, we've also got Sasaki's first title defence as a babyface, Yuki Ishida's official debut after his exhibition on the Who's Gonna Top preshow, and SEAdLINNG's Riko Kawahata making her DDT debut against Saki Akai. And also YOSHIHIKO vs Kazuki Hirata, which promises to be an instant classic

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Someone posted a cool gif of 2 cool guys beating each other up so I had to go look up the match

Anyway, if you're interested, here's Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya vs Hideyoshi Yamitani & Takuya Nomura from a Riki Choshu Produce show in 2018

Really want a singles match now between Nomura & Nakajima.

Also dropping some thoughts from the 9/10 AJPW show as I watch. Opener was a fun little young boy match with yer man Koji Doi in the bully role. The Saito Twins vs Omori & Mensore is the best of their matches to date: they really seem to have started bringing it all together after a rough start where I felt they'd been brought on TV a bit earlier than they were ready for.

Having 2 Battlarts style dudes in Abe & Hijikata teaming? Cool. Having Munenori Sawa in their corner? Cool. Have them face Yoshitatsu & Tachibana? Less cool. Have the match be mostly comedy around Sawa, the second, having his suit ripped up? Ummm, OK. Certainly a choice. Still, Abe is always compelling.

A fun Trios between Purple Haze & a mix of Suwama's past (Evolution by way of Dan Tamura) & present (Ashino). The story is that Tamura & Sato seem salty that they a bit overlooked by Suwama I guess, and Sato & Ashino had got into it on the previous show and exchanged blows. Suwama & Ashino have this cool spot where Ashino has a waist lock and then Suwama lariats him as Shotaro takes him over for a German suplex. Simple but dope. Also Irie & Zeus is a cool team.

After intermission and a break for lunch, straight into NEXTREAM vs Total Eclipse as a preview of the match between Lee & Kento coming at Ota Ward Gym. Totally go wrestling but mostly about the post-match beat down by Lee, featuring a big backdrop suplex. Even got the crowd to boo a little!

All Asia Tag match with Stronghearts vs Iwamoto & Honda. Biggest match of Honda's short career, current crop of young talent AJPW has is real fun. Stronghearts Tag matches are always real good, this was real good.

GAORA TV Title is so much better now it's not on Yoshitatsu. Instead in 2021 it has been Jun Kasai doing mad death match poo poo & now Shuji Ishikawa proving he's maybe still got some violence left in him. Obviously this match between Ishikawa & Daisuke Sekimoto isn't going to be what their MOTYC level 2015 match was, they are both older & paying for wrestling a hard style. But it is still very good. Chops and lariats and suplexes and violence. It's good.

For basically a house show in a suburb (Kitamito) of a suburb (Saitama) it's a really enjoyable show. Nothing is bad, top 2 matches are extremely worth watching and the undercard is full of exciting prospects from their Dojo who came through in the last 3 years. It's a real good time to get into All Japan is what I am saying.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 11, 2021

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/kanehira_heatup/status/1447397431046332418

Shirt sale to raise funds for Minoru Fujita

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The loving Youtube police muting Tokyo Go during Hirata's entrance on the preshow :argh:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This should be heckin rad, two of my favourite kickboys collapsing each others' chests

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1447884010038837253

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Do appreciate the willingness of NOAH to do Heavyweight vs Junior singles matches just for fun from time to time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching Who's Gonna Top? and the very odd anime Match and it was all too brief but "Adam" squaring up to Zeus/Sekimoto was in fact the best. Just beat the wig off his head.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yeah that was great, continually adjusting the wig only for it to go flying off at the very first opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1447897986399236098

oooh this should be fun