Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Man, it's really frustrating having the artifact limit stay static as my character count continues to balloon. I keep getting the message that my artifacts are maxed out and I need to winnow things down to pick up new ones, but I've got hundreds of 5 stars, so I have to actually go in and manually pick out what is low-value enough to mulch. It's like 30-45 minutes of dedicated work to free up a few hundred slots, given how many different kinds of stat distributions can be helpful to different party members.

Hopefully it gets raised in future patches, I'd be willing to pay a 10-roll's worth of gems to double my max artifacts at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

RareAcumen posted:

They've gotta update the leveling system in this game at some point right? Adding local specialties to expeditions, giving bosses a drop that lets you change them to other ones until AR 36 or something since you'll actually be able to go to Inazuma by then and actually go fight the bosses for real.

Right? Am I just delusional thinking that they'll change that stuff?

I figure they'll just do what they did for the Perpetual Mechanical Array: add portals that go directly to the boss zones, but if you haven't progressed far enough to unlock the area a boss is in, it'll be surrounded by a barrier (so you have to leave via teleport point).

Local specialties would probably best be handled by some sort of trade NPC, like gandlethorpe suggested.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

avoraciopoctules posted:

Man, it's really frustrating having the artifact limit stay static as my character count continues to balloon. I keep getting the message that my artifacts are maxed out and I need to winnow things down to pick up new ones, but I've got hundreds of 5 stars, so I have to actually go in and manually pick out what is low-value enough to mulch. It's like 30-45 minutes of dedicated work to free up a few hundred slots, given how many different kinds of stat distributions can be helpful to different party members.

Hopefully it gets raised in future patches, I'd be willing to pay a 10-roll's worth of gems to double my max artifacts at this point.

Are you not trading them in for noblese pieces? You can do 39 at at time.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

avoraciopoctules posted:

It's going up to 1500 (from 1000) in the very next version

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can get super insane and use one of those inventory scanners + the artifact optimizer to say what is most poo poo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

dogsicle posted:

you can get super insane and use one of those inventory scanners + the artifact optimizer to say what is most poo poo

link please

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Clarste posted:

link please

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/scanner

i finally am diving into it since i want to optimize Diluc, but so far having issues with the scanner that is supposed to pick up weapons/characters. an artifact-only scanner like Amenoma worked fine though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The value of artifact pieces is hard to guess. Most of the pieces I was going to use on kokomi went to poo poo when I found out she couldn't crit. That's a useless substat on at least every pieces. didn't level them, but bleh. One on Ganyu's best artifacts is atk% sands with HP, Def%,Crit Rate, Crit damage base with every roll going into crit damage. How the rolls turnsout usually matter more than the summed sub stats.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1445577047586349056?s=20

lots of random bits in the dev letter. the Hangouts improvement will be nice since i'm still behind on those (in part due to the tedium they're fixing), and sadly it seems like the changes mentioned in the last question will nerf the pausing to skip Array phases.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sanctum posted:

Do you guys generally get fully upgraded artifacts for each character or is there a point where you just swap?

It really depends on the sets and what you'll be using them for. Off the top of my head Kokomi, ZL, Albedo, Noelle, Hu Tao, and Xiao need their own sets due to unique setups. Bennet needs both the NO set custom for him and the warden-killing electro set that doesn't even need to be leveled. Everyone else can generally share some or all bits, with goblet swaps and whatnot. If it's someone like Aloy or Amber where I'm just shoving her on a friendship team then consigning her to the bench forever, then they'll get a loaner set from someone with appropriate gear.

As someone who ran the CW domain recently ~80 times before I got a (terrible) HP% sands, and in the hundreds of total runs has seen two ATK sands (both terrible), I'm gonna go ahead and say gearing all characters properly would require grinding long past the death of the game.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man nobody needs their own set. Glads and Noblesse for everyone no complaining.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dogsicle posted:

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/

https://frzyc.github.io/genshin-optimizer/#/scanner

i finally am diving into it since i want to optimize Diluc, but so far having issues with the scanner that is supposed to pick up weapons/characters. an artifact-only scanner like Amenoma worked fine though.

How do you get this thing (the site itself) to list artifacts that are already equipped?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Man you're all like my co-workers, hoarding crap you'll never need, use that poo poo up :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tae posted:

FGO also has the huge problem of ascension mats being locked behind literal hundred hours of story if you're talking about the very latest servants, but the "make-up" for it is if the servant is released within an event that gives those mats out.

The problem with genshin events is that they so far required pretty lengthy dives into the game already to even participate it, and also they don't give the mats for ascension anyway.

a lot of fate events are gated behind story progression too. like the halloween one right now I can't do because I don't play much and haven't progressed the story enough

it's bad design imo. like if there's an event in inazuma, just let people go to inazuma for the event

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

How do you get this thing (the site itself) to list artifacts that are already equipped?

there's the Inventory button in the bottom left of the artifact display, that will let you set who has the artifact equipped (same goes for weapons). or if you've used the full artifact/character/weapon scanner, that information should already be there from the file you import.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

avoraciopoctules posted:

Man, it's really frustrating having the artifact limit stay static as my character count continues to balloon. I keep getting the message that my artifacts are maxed out and I need to winnow things down to pick up new ones, but I've got hundreds of 5 stars, so I have to actually go in and manually pick out what is low-value enough to mulch.

I understand this in terms of people that like to collect things can someone explain this to me as a strategy? It seems to me by setting such a low bar for the artifacts you keep you're cheating yourself. If you're hitting the artifact limit you probably have a couple dozen great artifact upgrades you could be using right now on your characters if you just cycle most of them into even marginally better ones. That's going to make a much bigger difference than whatever imaginary future team comp you're planning that's going to turn the 75% of your artifacts that are crap into something good. It also seems like a lot of inventory management and cognitive load. What am I missing here?

I mean there's nothing wrong with holding a thousand or 1500 artifacts if that's your thing. It's okay to just be a person that likes having lots of artifacts and doesn't like to throw things away. I definitely don't want to suggest people can't do their thing in a game.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was at the 1000 limit for a long while, and eventually i just made peace with the fact that a few of the set bonuses are pretty much never getting used and junked almost all of those (outside of a few that had really amazing substats, or a rarer main-stat that might get used as a one-off)

once i ripped the bandage off i started dusting stuff pretty frequently i realized im not really missing all those wanderer feathers or gladiator flowers.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Araganzar posted:

I understand this in terms of people that like to collect things can someone explain this to me as a strategy? It seems to me by setting such a low bar for the artifacts you keep you're cheating yourself. If you're hitting the artifact limit you probably have a couple dozen great artifact upgrades you could be using right now on your characters if you just cycle most of them into even marginally better ones. That's going to make a much bigger difference than whatever imaginary future team comp you're planning that's going to turn the 75% of your artifacts that are crap into something good. It also seems like a lot of inventory management and cognitive load. What am I missing here?

I mean there's nothing wrong with holding a thousand or 1500 artifacts if that's your thing. It's okay to just be a person that likes having lots of artifacts and doesn't like to throw things away. I definitely don't want to suggest people can't do their thing in a game.

You're missing that it's a huge pain in the rear end to actually look at each individual artifact and decide if it's good or bad. So you procrastinate doing that and end up with a big pile of junk that you never bothered to throw away. Like, I'll pay attention to when an artifact looks especially good, but if I get junk I'll just ignore rather than immediately throwing it away.

I think a major QoL change would be to allow you to lock an artifact the moment you collect it, rather than having to go find it on a separate menu. Then you can just assume that everything you didn't lock is trash and not have to look at it.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Is the current event something I can do all of on sunday?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Everything should be unlocked by then, so yes.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Cool, thanks!

Also good to hear on artifact limit going up, and that tool looks handy. I've stopped running artifact domains since I'm too lazy to go through and smash all my garbage 5*s.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

That wouldn't be impossible, but you'd have some trouble with it. You need to go gather collectibles in three areas. Once a day, you can ask for hints, and have some of them marked on your map. People are going out, finding 90% of them, then asking for hints. The remaining ones get marked and then you clean them out. You need to do this in all three areas to get the new fish weapon and refine it to max.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Clarste posted:

You're missing that it's a huge pain in the rear end to actually look at each individual artifact and decide if it's good or bad. So you procrastinate doing that and end up with a big pile of junk that you never bothered to throw away. Like, I'll pay attention to when an artifact looks especially good, but if I get junk I'll just ignore rather than immediately throwing it away.

I think a major QoL change would be to allow you to lock an artifact the moment you collect it, rather than having to go find it on a separate menu. Then you can just assume that everything you didn't lock is trash and not have to look at it.

I think you would just find everything is trash.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Clarste posted:

I think a major QoL change would be to allow you to lock an artifact the moment you collect it, rather than having to go find it on a separate menu.

Yeah I don't get why this isn't a thing, I'll admit it's a big pain in the buttocks to have to go tag them later.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can lock the ones you get from troves so yeah it feels even weirder now that the domain reward screen doesn't let you

much like them only applying the dialogue menu qol to tubby instead of Katheryne and smiths etc 🤔🤔🤔

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I wonder if I'll completely lose interest in this game once I get 10+ fully ascended characters with fully upgraded artifacts.

I brought Barbara to a low-level oceanid fight and they were taking so long I resorted to drowning myself just to make the fight end. Felt like being held hostage and forced to watch a Raiden player hold onto their burst the entire fight. :psyduck:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Clarste posted:

Honest opinion here, don't bother looking.

Junk them all into xp or other artifacts and start over.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Really need to keep doing the main quest so I can get to Inazuma but I keep getting distracted by a thousand other things each time I sit down to play. At least I should be able to burn through the dragon spine part of the event & the last bit of the quests for it tonight.

Same, every time I head to a spot to get a commission I get distracted by just wandering enough, opening chests and picking up those floating elemental things (Finished in Mondstadt, and I got about 6 more in Liyue).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

I wonder if I'll completely lose interest in this game once I get 10+ fully ascended characters with fully upgraded artifacts.

I brought Barbara to a low-level oceanid fight and they were taking so long I resorted to drowning myself just to make the fight end. Felt like being held hostage and forced to watch a Raiden player hold onto their burst the entire fight. :psyduck:

As someone who only has 3 more characters to outfit with artifacts, I have not.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tae posted:

Are you not trading them in for noblese pieces? You can do 39 at at time.

I don't understand this much since I don't really need Noblesse artifacts that badly and it seems better to just use them for XP.

Clarste posted:

It's especially bad on mobile. You can go through them quickly on PC, but on mobile it can be hard to click them without selecting them, so I constantly have to unselect things I mistakenly selected.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: Whoops, posted back to back

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Genshin Impact: It's especially bad on mobile

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've loaded the game up on my galaxy s21u to make condensed resins on a day where I wasn't at a PC, and it is basically unplayable on mobile. Do people really play like that?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I tried to play it on my phone but it immediately became too hot to hold.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

I've loaded the game up on my galaxy s21u to make condensed resins on a day where I wasn't at a PC, and it is basically unplayable on mobile. Do people really play like that?

Actual regular gameplay isn't that bad if you're not doing particularly challenging content. Aiming a bow is probably easier than it is with a controller (though still obviously harder than with a mouse).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If releasing the aim button fired the arrow on the controller, it’d be a thousand times easier

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Phone aiming is better than mouse. It’s pretty fun to play on phone. Until you burn your hand.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clarste posted:

Yeah, you can convert the artifacts into Noblesse and Gladiator etc, and lock those immediately. We've gotta get this streamlined into a feature for everywhere you can get stuff that isn't just from investigating a box.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I play on my ipad whenever i'm visiting my parents and it's fine as long as you don't need to fight anything actually dangerous.

Zhongl is a massive qol increase for mobile play through. Not having to dodge is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Traveller posted:

I wonder if this exploration event used player data for least explored areas. I ended up on parts of Dragonspine I had never seen before and finally got the tree to Level 8, and the Liyue portion also had me finding a lot of non-event chests.

I thought the same thing! I have thoroughly searched the area by flying down from the top waypoint, long after 100% it. Still I found
- 2 common chests out in the open
- 2 chests hidden in snow
- huge chest with an agate
- presumably the last floating agate
- a note that I suspect is part of something
- got an achievement for finding the last broken ruin guard
- found one of those "gather X amount of shinies" events.

..Then again I also missed this entire island of genocide and slaughter: