Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

dodgeblan posted:

I've been listening to cornette because apparently i have an endless appetite for stupid youtube poo poo

I get that the bucks and omega hatred is kind of a work, but it's so weird to me the way cornette acts like they invented making a joke out of pro wrestling. Pro wrestling has been a joke for like 40 years at this point.

I guess like a garbageman that wrestles isn't exposing the business as long as the garbageman is roided out of his mind

It's, as Brian Zane pointed out, is mentioned, part of a cacophony of angry white men on the internet, going into a collective hysterical screaming fit and conniptions over poo poo, no matter how hypocritical or idiotic it makes them appear, which is then mindlessly regurgitated by a troop of Notice Me Senpai wannabes like that Girl on Cinema pillock, you know, the losers who make "popular thing" not appealing to them the entirety of their personality.

Like, let people enjoy poo poo, you fossilised plum.

Davros1 posted:

Just don't ask Cornette about the mummy

Hey, it's a better film that people remember it being, and holds up remarkably well all things considered, and Brendan Fraser deserved better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I only listen to his SMW and Mid South deep dives at this point. The SMW deep dives are fascinating where he talks about booking mistakes and how they weren't drawing outside of the big shows and couldn't afford TV to get more markets.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Cornette and his girlfriend booked and filmed and aired on television Batista being summoned by magic ceremony out of the water to wrestle as a swamp monster

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Cornette and his girlfriend booked and filmed and aired on television Batista being summoned by magic ceremony out of the water to wrestle as a swamp monster

good

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

why are you posting one of the few cool things Corny did as a negative

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

edogawa rando posted:

It's, as Brian Zane pointed out, is mentioned, part of a cacophony of angry white men on the internet, going into a collective hysterical screaming fit and conniptions over poo poo, no matter how hypocritical or idiotic it makes them appear, which is then mindlessly regurgitated by a troop of Notice Me Senpai wannabes like that Girl on Cinema pillock, you know, the losers who make "popular thing" not appealing to them the entirety of their personality.

Like, let people enjoy poo poo, you fossilised plum.

Hey, it's a better film that people remember it being, and holds up remarkably well all things considered, and Brendan Fraser deserved better.

Bryan last seems to be starting to get fed up with cornette not recognising AEW is putting on good shows

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Low Desert Punk posted:

why are you posting one of the few cool things Corny did as a negative

its much more absurd than him wrestling somebody in a ninja turtle costume if you want to bring up things he's done that run counter to his stated beliefs about pro wrestling and it's something he was solely responsible for

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

cagliostr0 posted:

Bryan last seems to be starting to get fed up with cornette not recognising AEW is putting on good shows

Last gets the podcast metrics so he's probably seeing the old man yells at clouds stuff is taking their engagement numbers.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
why would it tank engagement numbers

yelling at clouds and hating everything new is a lucrative industry

if anything, if numbers were going down the solution would be to attack AEW harder and go soft on WWE to attract the #standupforwwe crowd that hates AEW but can't handle cornette being mean to WWE too

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

And it wasn't even original! He was ripping off Kevin Sullivan in Florida with the Purple Haze!

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
If I had to guess I'd say in cornette's mind even if these guys were playing a tax man or a swamp monster they were still a BAD rear end DUDE becaue they had all these arcane behind the scenes secret rituals to prove that they were still actually tough guys to be feared.

Thing is the general population didn't know about any of that poo poo and just saw the incredibly stupid TV product with nonsensical joke characters. So i think he hates the bucks and kenny because they did away with all that bullshit and acknowledged openly that a wrestling match is a performance

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

dodgeblan posted:

If I had to guess I'd say in cornette's mind even if these guys were playing a tax man or a swamp monster they were still a BAD rear end DUDE becaue they had all these arcane behind the scenes secret rituals to prove that they were still actually tough guys to be feared.

Thing is the general population didn't know about any of that poo poo and just saw the incredibly stupid TV product with nonsensical joke characters. So i think he hates the bucks and kenny because they did away with all that bullshit and acknowledged openly that a wrestling match is a performance

Stolen Carny Valor

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
It seems weird that hazing people with a broom makes you tough (JBL) but doing shoot fights doesn't (omega)

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
yeah insane to me that v-triggers expose the business but all those leg drops and back rakes in the 80s were okay

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MCQnUzxb4

lol

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The idea of "exposing" the business always seemed absurd to me.

Because when I learned that wrestling was 'fake' as a little kid, I was even more in awe of the big muscly athletes. Because it was cool that they could do stuff that looked so violent, yet not hurt each other.

Also little softy me liked the idea that they were actually friends, (and again the fact that friends were doing these moves to each other made the whole thing cooler.)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

instead of being cornpilled the term should be cornballed and touching this thread should yield the same physical reaction as touching a cornballer

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

edogawa rando posted:

People remember it extremely fondly, because it's just a good, fun, action movie, with possibly the most attractive main cast ever assembled. The second one is almost as good.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Mummy ride is the best ride at Universal Studios, Orlando Florida. The best show is AEW Dark.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

instead of being cornpilled the term should be cornballed and touching this thread should yield the same physical reaction as touching a cornballer

The term is cornholed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It’s only exposing the business when you make an old timer mad.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

amazing

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

somehow still not the worst movie that Big Dave has been in.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I’m sure Cornette filmed a far worse one around that time

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the most important thing there is to know about Cornette is that when Brian the dog died on Family Guy corny got mega upset and like wrote long screeds about how horrible it was, then when Family Guy brought Brian back corny smugly proclaimed that it was because he got mad on the internet. this story tells anyone everything they need to know about Jim Cornette in a single paragraph

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the most important thing there is to know about Cornette is that when Brian the dog died on Family Guy corny got mega upset and like wrote long screeds about how horrible it was, then when Family Guy brought Brian back corny smugly proclaimed that it was because he got mad on the internet. this story tells anyone everything they need to know about Jim Cornette in a single paragraph

yup. it tells you that he gets results

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

little munchkin posted:

yup. it tells you that he gets results

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lay off the Grapefruit, Bish

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder who had to twist Cornette's arm to get a song past the early 80's. "Why wouldn't ZZ Top work!?"

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

I don't believe for a moment that this guy wasn't Leviathan Of The Hot Tub at least twice

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if i ever meet bautista i will call him leviathon and pretend that's the only thing i know him from

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Jim Carnette

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
WHAT.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Bischoff hosed too much and now his dick don't work

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
That's what happens if you run WCW during it's hottest period.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
WCW was so hot even this guy got laid.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Laid OUT BY THE CHAIRMAN you mean!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Dawgstar posted:

Laid OUT BY THE CHAIRMAN you mean!

There was no way I was inflicting Disco on the thread without something bad happening to him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, this week is the Johnny K-9/Bruiser Bedlam Dark Side of the Ring episode. Cornette being faux-incensed about Nick Gage being a convict is going to become even more hypocritical and it already really was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I remember Cornette talking about Bedlam on his podcast back when I still listened and he was like "the dude was nice to me so there wasn't a problem" and that's about all you need to know about Cornette's bullshit.