Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

just realized there will be another Womens March when Trump is re-elected. This time there will be Robocop tech though

I'm already starting to see TRUMP2024 stickers on construction equipment in my city.

*edit* Oh, a snipe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5CvWC6u3n0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

QUEER FRASIER posted:

why do people in non nyc cities claim to have convenience stores. I’ve been there. driving 20 minutes to the nearest CVS is NOT the same

Nice try, but you acknowledged the existence of cities other than NYC.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

just realized there will be another Womens March when Trump is re-elected. This time there will be Robocop tech though

They never stopped

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
NYC should secede from the US and be it's own little island so we can finally go to war with it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ArmZ posted:

you sould sue them like when omeone sent eichenwald flashing gifs and he had an epileptic episodee

except that really happened and the groyper went to jail lmao

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

drat i wish we had bodegas like nyc, but we gotta drive so far to buy snack nuts and beef jerky. Maybe they could sell gas too, since we got cars unlike new yorkers. Thatd be cool and convenient

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i have to cross the freakin' street to get to 7-11 to get my cigarettes and coffee....0/10, florida is awful, ft lauderdale isn't even a city, nevermind a fort.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Realtalk, I miss the little store that used to be right across the street from me before I moved to a different neighborhood a couple years ago. Really friendly, cool people who ran it, and a wide enough selection that hitting up an actual grocery store wasn't all that necessary most of the time.

Mind you, there are two that are in easy walking distance now (and a third that would be if I were in better shape) BUT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PostNouveau posted:

SOUTH AFRICAN?!?!

never met a nice one

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hey, I played rugby with two South Africans and one of them was nice. The other one was white and a cop

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Hey, I played rugby with two South Africans and one of them was nice. The other one was white and a cop

wow you played with breyton breytonbach? he's hardly ever killed anyone

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
I thought bodegas were the push carts that sold things for the longest time because of how new yorkers talk about them like they are so unique, and you don't see those a lot of places. That they think a convenience store that's independently owned is some special thing and not the same as every local gas station in any podunk town is mind blowing.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kim Bong Chill posted:

It would be nice if someone got probated every time “free Larry” was posted. Problem posters should stay outside with the garbage.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Look at all those Free Larry's being metered out every 6 hours.

Majestic

Free Larry

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

What you're saying is, Taiwan needs some kind of... iron dome?

The Iron Dome system is fine for short range sub-sonic rockets, but not hypersonic missiles that can go as fast or faster than its interceptors. The ROC has some Patriot systems that probably wouldn’t last very long either to be honest.

The ROC wouldn’t have much of a chance, their air defenses would get taken down early and then the PRC would have control of the skies soon after. Also, I honestly doubt most young people would be willing to fight to the last man in a hopeless fight.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 16:16 on Oct 6, 2021

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I thought bodegas were the push carts that sold things for the longest time because of how new yorkers talk about them like they are so unique, and you don't see those a lot of places. That they think a convenience store that's independently owned is some special thing and not the same as every local gas station in any podunk town is mind blowing.
They cannot let any other city in the world have anything. They think they invented sandwiches with cheese on them, for gently caress's sake.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

yeah but you can't walk to it so it's a totally different thing even though they sell the exact same poo poo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Halloween Jack posted:

They cannot let any other city in the world have anything. They think they invented sandwiches with cheese on them, for gently caress's sake.

the yankees have generously allowed other cities to win the world series for the last 12 years

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

They invented chopping it up tho, right?

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

docbeard posted:

Nice try, but you acknowledged the existence of cities other than NYC.

the tourists have to come from somewhere

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

permafree larry

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Ardennes posted:

The Iron Dome system is fine for short range sub-sonic rockets, but not hypersonic missiles that can go as fast or faster than its interceptors. The ROC has some Patriot systems that probably wouldn’t last very long either to be honest.

The ROC wouldn’t have much of a chance, their air defenses would get taken down early and then the PRC would have control of the skies soon after. Also, I honestly doubt most young people would be willing to fight to the last man in a hopeless fight.

I thought the PRC had basically concluded that an aggressive military takeover of the island wasn't in their best interests, that it would cost too much lives/money for whatever it gains, and that eventually Taiwan would return to the fold in the long run like Hong Kong?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIncGi-Ne2Q

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Halloween Jack posted:

They think they invented sandwiches with cheese on them, for gently caress's sake.

lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

new york motherfuckers can't even bake a pizza that's structurally sound smdh the gently caress outta hea' vaffanculo ciocca vuz e fanabla

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Lib and let die posted:

new york motherfuckers can't even bake a pizza that's structurally sound smdh the gently caress outta hea' vaffanculo ciocca vuz e fanabla

At least they get the order of the ingredients right dumbass detroit motherfuckers

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

why does NYC think they're the only city with "small store that sells food and minor commodities." they are literally everywhere

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The griddle is a nice addition to the convenience store, which I don't think I've seen anywhere but New York.

However, down here the corner stores will make you fried chicken or po'boys, which beats the poo poo out of the burger/egg sandwich/whatever.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the "without me, you wouldn't be alive and have your freedom" because it doesn't even make sense in the context of "the US public's flawed understanding of history." Boomers, well known for fighting in WW2.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

At least they get the order of the ingredients right dumbass detroit motherfuckers

the 2 arms and it's new york and rhode island with "gently caress detroit" in the middle

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So the squad is going to reveal themselves as a fifth column in the democrat party any day now, right?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wow you played with breyton breytonbach? he's hardly ever killed anyone

no it was nadine gordimer

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

free larry for 100,000 hours

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

If I ever find that loving dog... :argh:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Sergg posted:

I thought the PRC had basically concluded that an aggressive military takeover of the island wasn't in their best interests, that it would cost too much lives/money for whatever it gains, and that eventually Taiwan would return to the fold in the long run like Hong Kong?

In reality it did, even if it won a quick war, it would be still a lot messier than the current track of economic integration. I am talking more about the “what if” war gaming.

In that context, I don’t think there is a lot of accuracy from Western sources about modern PLA capabilities. It is more annoying than anything.

At the end of the day, the most recent polling seems to suggest that most people on Taiwan prefer the status quo rather than independence or direct integration. Plurality may even support more trade deals with the mainland. The KMT has been doing better in recent months.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Multiple?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Sergg posted:

If that were true why would the us bother spending billions on a potential war with them. No SSI they must be preparing for a invasion for some ideologically important anniversary, the thing the US seems to think all our enemies do

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kim Bong Chill posted:

This appears to be capitalism working as intended. What would you have Amazon do? Not intentionally evade trade barriers at every opportunity?

i mean i know you're a lovely gimmick and everything but 'capitalism working as intended' is exactly the issue for the majority of humanity.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

The kind of guy to just point out an intern and throw her against the wall to rape her in the capitol building definitely didn't stop at one

Who knows how many women Joe Biden has raped that are too scared to tell their stories after the entire Democrat party turned Tara Reade into a russian asset while spiking metoo into the dirt to defend their chosen disgusting rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Regarde Aduck posted:

i mean i know you're a lovely gimmick and everything but 'capitalism working as intended' is exactly the issue for the majority of humanity.

I think OP was being sarcastic