Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Look at that subtle off-green colouring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it's even salted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never talked to my teachers about videogames because I had friends.

I've only had like 2 real gamer friends my entire life lol, and they were into totally different stuff. Everyone I knew who gamed otherwise literally only played CoD or Battlefield or Halo, so I just never talked with anybody about gaming ever basically

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
literally all of my friends were n64 / gamecube homies.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Look at that subtle off-green colouring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it's even salted.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I kinda went back and forth with consoles as a kid but I was generally a Nintendo kid up until the PSX era. I never had an N64 but I had several friends who did

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Sega Kid of my group was named James and got stoked when his mom salted his sliced cucumber (his snack from home).

"Ooh, she salted em." - James

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only had Nintendo consoles until my mom won a PS3 at a daytime television show taping she went to where they did a Oprah-style "check under your seats" stunt and gave everyone in the audience a PS3 and a copy of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

I only had Nintendo consoles until my mom won a PS3 at a daytime television show taping she went to where they did a Oprah-style "check under your seats" stunt and gave everyone in the audience a PS3 and a copy of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

epic

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Incredible piece of lore

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Awesome.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

In Training posted:

What was the show?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I guess I was the sega kid for like a year or two between n64 and ps2 since I was the only one with a saturn

Renting weird rear end japanese games based on the cover art was a unique era of gaming for me. One that has never been replicated. Baku Baku Animal ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oprah Gangnam style

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

In Training posted:

this is how everyone who played Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One ended up with a copy

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

lol cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember the episode of Doug where he won a Super Pretendo and got addicted to video games.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I was a Nintendo kid for sure. Up until I was like 12 and got an Xbox. I still had a GameCube that generation and played it a lot but it was all Xbox after

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I went NES -> Genesis -> Super NES -> Saturn -> PS1 -> Dreamcast -> GameCube -> PS2. My loyalties were ever shifting

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Sony until the PS3. Then we were poor so I moved on to pirating PC games.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

NienNunb posted:

The Sega/Sony kid in our group had a sleepover for his birthday and I asked him if he liked Mario and he said that Mario doesn’t use enough guns. Later that night we all watched The Man With Two Brains and it was the first time I ever saw boobs.

thank you sega

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i was briefly a two consoles kid with playstation/ps2/n64/gamecube. my two brothers and i pooled our allowances over years, gave up magic cards, etc. because we wanted to play both final fantasy and mario. now i can just do things like buy a switch and a playstation 4, because being an adult with disposable income owns.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember the episode of Doug where he won a Super Pretendo and got addicted to video games.

i think muppet babies also had a Pretendo. i want to say that miss piggy was donkey kong, lol.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I went Adventurevision > APF-*1000/IM > Apple II > Arcadia 2001 > Astrocade > Atari 2600 > Atari 5200 > Atari 8-bit > BBC Micro > Cassette Vision > Channel F > Colecovision > CreatiVision > EACA Colour Genie 2000 > Intellivision > Interton VC4000 > Mattel Aquarius > Microvision >My Vision > NEC PC88 > Odyssey^2 >RCA Studio II > SG-1000 > Sord M5 >Tandy Color Computer > TI-99/4A > Tomy Tutor > TV Boy > Vectrex > VIC-20 > Amstrad CPC > Atari 7800 > Atari ST > BBS Door > Casio PV-1000 > Commodore 64 > Famicom Disk System > FM-7 > MSX > NEC PC98 > NES > Oric 1/Atmos > Sega Master System ?> Sharp X1 > Sinclair ZX81/Spectrum > Super Cassette Vision > Acorn Archimedes > Amiga > CD-I > Game Boy > GameGear > Genesis > HyperScan > LaserActive > Lynx > Neo Geo > Neo Geo CD > OS/2 > Sega 32X > Sega CD > Sega Pico > Sharp X68000 > Super Nintendo > SuperVision > Turbo CD > TurboGrafx-16 > 3DO > Amiga CD32 > Bandai Pippin > Casio Loopy > CPS Changer > FM Towns > Game Boy Color > Game.com > Jaguar > Jaguar CD > Nintendo 64 > Nintendo 64DD > Palm OS Classic > PasoGo > PC-FX > Playdia > PlayStation > Saturn > Virtual Boy > WonderSwan > Beena >Dreamcast > DVD Player > e-Reader > Game Boy Advance > GameCube > Gizmondo >GP32 > N-Gage > Neo Geo Pocket > Neo Geo Pocket Color > Nuon > PlayStation 2 > Pokemon Mini > WonderSwan Color >Xbox >Zodiac > BlackBerry > DS > Flash > Mobile > Palm webOS > PlayStation 3 > PSP > Wii > Xbox 360 > Zeebo > 3DS > Amazon Fire TV > Oculus Go > Ouya > PlayStation 4 >PlayStation Vita >Wii U > Windows Mobile > Xbox One > Android > Arcade Games > Dedicated Console > Evercade > iOS (iPhone/iPad) > Linux > Macintosh >Nintendo Switch > Oculus Quest > Online/Browser > PC > PlayStation 5 > Stadia >Xbox Series X
growing up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
nintendo is the only console maker that has ever mattered

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

scary ghost dog posted:

nintendo is the only console maker that has ever mattered

you are just full of retarded opinions huh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lolling imagining a google execs kid growing up on Stadia and the horror he will eventually release upon us later in life as he fills his father's shoes

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i briefly had a ps2 and a gba as a kid but I had so few games (and almost no access to rentals. rural life ftw) that basically i have only done PC gaming until i got an Xbox literally this year lol. which sucks because I missed out on a lot. on the other hand there's like 35 years of good console games from NES to now that I haven't played and can eventually catch up on, which is epic.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

you are just full of retarded opinions huh

im right

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I was predominately a Nintendo kid growing up until around 2000 when I started spending a lot of my time with friends who had PS2s and Xboxes… I didn’t actually own any non-Nintendo system for myself until I got a PSP around ‘06 (I did have my own PS2 memory card to shuffle between friends’ systems before that, but I don’t think that counts)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

i briefly had a ps2 and a gba as a kid but I had so few games (and almost no access to rentals. rural life ftw) that basically i have only done PC gaming until i got an Xbox literally this year lol. which sucks because I missed out on a lot. on the other hand there's like 35 years of good console games from NES to now that I haven't played and can eventually catch up on, which is epic.

Idk if WiiUs are cheap or not bc of the relative lack of gamepads but it's really easy to softmod one and play anything on a Nintendo console between NES and WiiU, that'd be a good way to catch up. Or I guess just emulate everything if you're pc owns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy that I managed to have enough money in 2015 to buy a good graphics card bc it seems like they'll be 2000 dollars for the rest of my life

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My income from twitch appearing in a convenient search engine…

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol.

our first console was actually the intellivision and i have a soft spot for it.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Happy that I managed to have enough money in 2015 to buy a good graphics card bc it seems like they'll be 2000 dollars for the rest of my life

I bought a new setup just last year like right before poo poo exploded. I feel blessed. I could sell my PC and hell even my monitor for 3x what I paid

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I had all Nintendo consoles until around 2001 on my birthday when I got a PS2, Spyro 3 and Gran Turismo 3

Also my birthday is 9/11.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I bought a new setup just last year like right before poo poo exploded. I feel blessed. I could sell my PC and hell even my monitor for 3x what I paid

i got my new GPU in january for retail and now its like $600 more than i spent at that time, and thats still retail lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

lol.

our first console was actually the intellivision and i have a soft spot for it.

I remember my dad playing Jaws on intellivision. I am old as gently caress :smith: