Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought my GPU in 2016 and it still does okay but it's starting to struggle occasionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
actually it wasn't Jaws, it was just a shark game that looked like this lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

That Little Demon posted:

actually it wasn't Jaws, it was just a shark game that looked like this lol

It was called "Shark! Shark!" and it owned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cockashocka posted:

I had all Nintendo consoles until around 2001 on my birthday when I got a PS2, Spyro 3 and Gran Turismo 3

Also my birthday is 9/11.

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Incellivision :cawg: :newlol:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Happy that I managed to have enough money in 2015 to buy a good graphics card bc it seems like they'll be 2000 dollars for the rest of my life

i'm hoping the crytocurrency stuff starts to collapse because yeah, this fuckin sucks. it's also prevented me from impulse buying a ps5

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Cockashocka posted:

I had all Nintendo consoles until around 2001 on my birthday when I got a PS2, Spyro 3 and Gran Turismo 3

Also my birthday is 9/11.

Breaking: a second game has just flown into the PS2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

It was called "Shark! Shark!" and it owned.

Shark! Shark! is up there with Night Stalker, Beauty and the Beast, Star Strike and Atlantis for best intellivision games.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
“Well of COURSE I remember where I was on 9/11/2001- I was gleefully opening and playing my brand new PlayStation 2 with hardly a care in the whole world! So much fun… probably one of the best days of my whole life! Seems kind of random and specific that you’d ask me that, though.”

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

i'm hoping the crytocurrency stuff starts to collapse because yeah, this fuckin sucks. it's also prevented me from impulse buying a ps5

been hoping for that for 10 years now lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I'm going to loving kill you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

“Well of COURSE I remember where I was on 9/11/2001- I was gleefully opening and playing my brand new PlayStation 2 with hardly a care in the whole world! So much fun… probably one of the best days of my whole life! Seems kind of random and specific that you’d ask me that, though.”

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

9/11 era gaming is a real thing that needs to be acknowledged. Been saying this for years.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I probably played Baldur's Gate II or something after watching the news all afternoon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was probably playing Smash 64 bc I was hype as gently caress for Melee.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I was probably playing Smash 64 bc I was hype as gently caress for Melee.

I got my 'Cube and Melee for Christmas that year.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I bought my GPU in 2016 and it still does okay but it's starting to struggle occasionally

mine's from 2017 and starting to act up, just waiting for the day it goes belly-up and takes a chunk of my savings with it :smith:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my mom flipped out and drove us to hide at my grandmas because she thought all world currency was gonna collapse so i played like four hours of dragon warrior 3 in the car

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got my 'Cube and Melee for Christmas that year.

my two favorite gaming memories are getting the N64 for christmas and seeing Mario in 3D for the first time, and my grandpa waiting in line to get an Xbox for my birthday on release day and then coming home from school and just staring at the grass in Halo like a dipshit, in complete awe at the detail. the N64 i think i first played at that same grandpa's house too, at least that's where the memory takes place. i love all my grandparents obviously but he was my favorite by far

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

mine's from 2017 and starting to act up, just waiting for the day it goes belly-up and takes a chunk of my savings with it :smith:

the brother that i game with lost his toward the end of the summer and it's been tragic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My uncle actually worked at the WTC and experienced both the 1993 bombing and 9/11. The latter broke his brain and he's terrified of Muslims now

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
think I said this before but right after school I got on Everquest and got a lot of good items for free because people thought the world was ending lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

9/11 era gaming is a real thing that needs to be acknowledged. Been saying this for years.

I’m pretty sure we had a thread on the subject years back. Or at least a long conversation about it in another thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

think I said this before but right after school I got on Everquest and got a lot of good items for free because people thought the world was ending lmao

Lol. Giving away all my earthly possessions both digital and real

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

coming home from school and just staring at the grass in Halo like a dipshit, in complete awe at the detail.

I did the same exact thing only I was in college so I skipped a bunch of classes to play it. same with morrowind when it came out on the Xbox

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Grandma was packing up suitcases because we lived about 100 miles away from 3 mile island

Me: tosses Dreamcast, Powerstone, VMU, cables, House of the Dead 2, Imported Japanese Lightgun, taking measurements of CRT TV

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

dark lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
>thread about things that DIDN’T happen
>everyone is talking about things that happened

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Lumpy the Cook posted:

9/11?

Oh Yeah...that DIDN'T happen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh yeah... discussion of things that didn't happen DIDN'T happen.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

9/11 didn't happen the way they told us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

9/11?

Oh Yeah...that DIDN'T happen