Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

dead gay comedy forums posted:

makes sense, being squeezed between WW2 and Vietnam

It was pretty obvious that they didn't know where to go after the WW2 arc so they squeezed it in right after. It didn't really go anywhere though and everyone memory holed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol at thinking "there's an organized push to get people to watch this movie" is yet another nefariously totalitarian thing

let me just take a sip of water while reading my New York Times Bestselling Novel

how much did churches spend to get people to go see the anti-semite's passion movie

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Venomous posted:

ah yes, I always forget about that shithole, fair point

e: on that note, Britain's probably hungry for war with China as well lmao. Haven't seen anything about it in the news, but I guarantee that Boris loving Johnson will drag us into a hot war, if it ever happens

Nah the Brits are very cunning. They are open to bargain anything. When China was organizing the AIIB, the Brits ditched Obama and joined in for more business.

Right now the Brits are just playing along with the Yanks to get a FTA. Plus they will get a piece of the pie when the Yanks stole the mega submarine contract from the French.

When poo poo hits the fan they will claim "waterleak" and call in sick. This has already happened in one of their carriers.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I haven't watched any Chinese movie in years but I bet that movie is better than "Animal-Man" by Marvel Cinematic Universe brought to you by Disney.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Americas just squeezing money out of the defense contracts for their client states. Lots of new hardware that'll probably never exist let alone get used.

that movie sounds cool

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They've been bitten by the Hollywood bug

What happened to making movies a cool 90m? Everything is a drat marathon now

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Agrajag posted:

i hope they all get caught

anyone that works for the cia is a war criminal full stop

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

Don't accuse half the forum of being war criminals. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

indigi posted:

to me the accusation read more like “the CCP bought each of its members a ticket to the movie opening weekend to inflate the box office” which is an even more ridiculous thing to complain about
again, the comparison to the NYT best-seller list remains apropos

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Grapplejack posted:

generally I agree with keeping movies solidly under 2 hours but when you’re making a film about a two week long cataclysmic battle against global imperial forces I think it deserves an inflated runtime

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Venomous posted:

it's always worth mentioning: outside of maybe Hungary, the rest of the western world thinks that the US saying 'sorry about the fuckup in Kabul, we won't do anything like that again, instead of going back into the Middle East we're going to gear up for war with China' is loving bonkers

nobody wants to go to war with China outside the US

Nobody really wants to go to war, but right now there join training/exercises being held by like seven countries with Pacific navies, which is clearly a level of saber-rattling/response to China. Everyone in the region is wary of China.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

In a proper capitalist country they'd have added more filler and then broken it up into three movies.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Venomous posted:

ah yes, I always forget about that shithole, fair point

e: on that note, Britain's probably hungry for war with China as well lmao. Haven't seen anything about it in the news, but I guarantee that Boris loving Johnson will drag us into a hot war, if it ever happens

It's hilarious probability that in the event of a war China will sink an American carrier group, which only makes how badly the UK will get owned being a footnote even more hilarious

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Some Guy TT posted:

the recent battle of jangsari was really good which surprised me because its prequel operation chromite was macarthur dicksucking trash

Wasn't that the one with Liam Neeson as MacArthur?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

In the event of the war the global economy will be brought down, number will be the true bloodbath

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

Wasn't that the one with Liam Neeson as MacArthur?

you could probably spin off a whole game about whether some racist line is a real MacArthur quote or just Liam Neeson on a hot mic

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

looks okay, pretty action heavy based on the trailer below, but it is 3 hours long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aHDj84CcsY

yeah thats a hard pass

i aint ever watching a 3 hour movie ever

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Maximo Roboto posted:

In the event of the war the global economy will be brought down, number will be the true bloodbath
well the center of gravity of the world's productive economy is in china, so short of nuclear war the real economy will be - well perhaps not fine but it will, you know "continue to exist"

number will definitely get owned tho

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me
the us invading china would pretty much be It for the us, they'd get trounced and routed and donezo. we'd just have to pray nukes don't come out, though they likely wouldn't as it isn't like china couldn't lob a bunch back

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Lord of Pie posted:

you could probably spin off a whole game about whether some racist line is a real MacArthur quote or just Liam Neeson on a hot mic

After Korea, MacArthur saw a chinese man in chinatown and immediately pissed his pants in rage.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

MacArthur wanted to glass China in revenge for Korea lol, wonder if that came up in the movie

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

MacArthur wanted to glass China in revenge for Korea lol, wonder if that came up in the movie

very briefly at the end liam neeson straight up says all right cool it worked now to destroy north korea once and for all and this other dude in the room goes wtf macarthur our mandates to stop the invasion not start another one so were stuck here for years and neeson just goes dumbass will learn

note the dumbass in this statement was somehow not macarthur himself

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
remember how an insane cult spent 50 million dollars in 1980 money to make 'Inchon', an absolutely poo poo garbage movie about the titular Battle of Inchon, in which a decrepit Laurence Olivier plays Douglas MacArthur and he's portrayed as an infallible badass super-genius demigod and everyone else in the movie is a giant buffoon.

the US military let them use thousands of actual soldiers as extras and contributed a US Navy ship for the filming, too. it was like Battlefield Earth with the full backing of the US government.

it made back less than 10% of its budget and was so bad it was never released on home video, even though VHS releases were already common by the time it left theaters. it's now almost impossible to find, except in the form of very low quality bootlegs.

Ronald Reagan screened it in the White House and loved it so much he wrote about it in his diary, lmao.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I just think live extras in period clothes are cool as poo poo. Once the PRC wins they should make movies like those.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I think plodding 3 hour epic masterpieces are good the problem is that everybody wants to make one even if it's actually just a straightforward summer blockbuster.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Gimme one of those 1993 movies that come in a box set of 3 VHSs because one VHS is not big enough to hold all the menaingful looks robinhood is giving maid marion or whatever.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Hell yeah dude.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

How fortunate that he remembered to pack his police uniform. Too bad CNN "cannot independently confirm Jiang's claims".

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
CSPAM in TYOOL 2021: "I love cops, cops are good and there's no way people would abuse power, especially against ethnic minorities"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

LimburgLimbo posted:

CSPAM in TYOOL 2021: "I love cops, cops are good and there's no way people would abuse power, especially against ethnic minorities"

intentional grounding, five yard penalty and loss of down

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
is torture or genocide worse? im gonna tune into CNN to find out!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/stat...ber%3D1640pti21

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
there is a downer aspect to that cause at least some informants are made the same way the FBI often turns people which is fully evil, but I’m still glad the CIA got hosed over

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Imagine you sent CIA your resume after China closed the net on most of the CIA spied circa 2010. The hazard pay must be good.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao cia

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/tribtowerviews/status/1437656286636625925

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I assume since he wants to be like Bernie Sanders that means he's going to get owned by his friends then spend the rest of his career talking up what a great guy the South Korean Dracula is.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dude brought 0 pictures except for the ones necessary to prove he was a police man.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
South Korean Bernie Sanders talking about his good friend South Korean Joe Biden, who tells you a rambling story about K(orn)pop

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChorzempaMartin/status/1445827950830575616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

I assume since he wants to be like Bernie Sanders that means he's going to get owned by his friends then spend the rest of his career talking up what a great guy the South Korean Dracula is.

he literally branded himself as trying to be a "successful" Sanders

Bernie but a winner