Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The Hocus Pocus 4k is on sale on Amazon right now at $14. Shipping may take longer, but that's the best price I've seen it.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 40th Anniversary steelbook is $12 on Amazon.

It's the 4k remaster, which looks amazing, but it's on blu-ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

Ok thanks. I didn’t want to go and blow a bunch of money on Blu-rays before then.

Do it anyway!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I still want a complete set for TCM, but the eight are all over the place. I’d settle for a 4K of TCM2. Hell, I’ll take any decent re release of TCM2.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Do it anyway!
I just bought a Hocus Pocus thanks to this thread. I must be stopped!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

I just bought a Hocus Pocus thanks to this thread. I must be stopped!

Don't worry the bank will let you know when you've had enough!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

I still want a complete set for TCM, but the eight are all over the place. I’d settle for a 4K of TCM2. Hell, I’ll take any decent re release of TCM2.

I would assume it's getting a 4k sometime soon. The Shout blu-ray has been OOP for a few months now and I haven't seen anyone post about a new one.

I'm surprised the original hasn't had a US 4k UHD, since the 4k remaster has been around for at least two years now.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Halloween and Halloween 3 UHD’s are heaters according to Blu-Ray.com. Excited to not have triplicate of a film!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

An update from Shout! on the Halloween UHD's

quote:

As promised, here is an update on your Halloween order. As we monitor the shipping process, we will continue to send regular updates.

When we were first planning for these releases, we had hoped that supply chain pressures would ease up by the late summer of this year. Reality has been somewhat less forgiving, and we've been experiencing issues shipping from China, the European Union, and Mexico to get all of the parts together for these collectible offers.

As of today, the posters for these releases have been printed, the enamel pins and all of the 4K UHDs have arrived, and we have most of the 7" vinyl items in our warehouse. The two pieces we are still waiting on are all of the 7" vinyl for the original Halloween and 1,500 units of the black vinyl slipcase for Halloween II. This delay has kept us from being able to ship the most popular of the Halloween offers, and for that we do apologize. We expect 80% of all Halloween orders to ship by the end of this week, and if your order is among those that will not be shipped this week, we will send you an additional update by Friday.

The outstanding 7" vinyl for the original Halloween has cleared customs and we are waiting for clearance to pick it up. Once we get clearance, our warehouse has a truck ready to drive to the terminal, pick up the goods, and bring them back so we can start shipping orders with this vinyl immediately. We are still waiting for more information from the manufacturer about the outstanding vinyl slipcases for Halloween II and will update you as soon as we know more.

Orders for ONLY the 4K UHD and poster have now begun to ship. You will begin to see confirmation emails with USPS tracking information for these orders as soon as today, and we expect them to be fully shipped before the end of this week. If you've ordered either of the deluxe bundles containing all five Halloween films, please note that these will be shipped via UPS with a 2-6 day delivery window in the United States.

The good news is that everything has turned out even better than we expected when it comes to the pins, the vinyl, and the embossed slipcases featuring our newly commissioned artwork. We're also delighted by the picture quality of our new 4K transfers for all five of the films, and we hope you'll enjoy them as well.

Lastly, some customers have noted that certain Best Buy locations had Halloween out on store shelves as early as last week. We believe that the revised street date of October 5th was not properly communicated to every location and for that we are sorry. If you have or would like to purchase the product at Best Buy rather than through our site, please reach out to our customer service department and they will do their best to assist you in cancelling your order.

Again, we apologize for the delay and are working tirelessly to get you your order!

Regards,

Shout! Factory

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
gently caress it! Turkish Star Wars here I come!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Godspeed!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna be mighty annoyed if I don't get these Halloween movies in my hands by Halloween. I can only assume Shout Factory is aware of that.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I'm gonna be mighty annoyed if I don't get these Halloween movies in my hands by Halloween. I can only assume Shout Factory is aware of that.

It's a bit surprising, since I've seen posts of people finding them put out early by Best Buy and stuff.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

It's a bit surprising, since I've seen posts of people finding them put out early by Best Buy and stuff.

The Best Buy thing is just totally random though, it's just luck of the draw. The store that's closest to me doesn't have any of them in stock except for the first film.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
It would be really funny if they showed up around Christmas.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I ordered the Halloween and Halloween 3 UHDs from Amazon and got a delivery estimate email from them earlier this morning that said they should be coming between the 14th and the 24th, so before Halloween, thankfully.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I wonder if I'll get my copy of Halloween before my screening of Halloween on Halloween night.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Iron Crowned posted:

New thread title?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm skeptical as shipping to Australia was only 7 bucks and they said it's to be delivered by the 18th of October

Still, I guess we're just in the wait and see territory now.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1445549720500248576?s=20

The steelbook looks really great!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here's a comparison of the old Halloween 4k UHD and the new one.

https://twitter.com/HighDefDiscNews/status/1445713142600794129?s=20

Looking through them, the new one is slightly more colorful, and slightly more Autumnal? (When I watched the original 4K, the greens and warm tones made it noticeably summer in a few of the neighborhood scenes.)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’m excited. Halloween and Halloween 3 are coming today, and my copy of 2 looks really good. Picked that up at a local BBY over the weekend. Packaging is great, sturdy slipcase. Aside from the parts of the original movie, the picture quality was really nice. UHDs can really nail that cinematic feel.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just got an email that my copy of Turkish Star Wars The Man Who Saved The World is on it's way

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

I’m excited. Halloween and Halloween 3 are coming today, and my copy of 2 looks really good. Picked that up at a local BBY over the weekend. Packaging is great, sturdy slipcase. Aside from the parts of the original movie, the picture quality was really nice. UHDs can really nail that cinematic feel.

Yea I saw the Halloween UHD at Best Buy yesterday and I was pretty impressed with the packaging. Sturdy is the right word to use, it felt very solid and sturdy compared to most slipcases.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

For you, the day the Street Fighter blu ray steelbook went up for preorder was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
That steelbook really does look great though, it's one of the coolest looking steelbooks I've seen. I'm not really a fan of the movie though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/status/1445802029742501890?s=20

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

That steelbook really does look great though, it's one of the coolest looking steelbooks I've seen. I'm not really a fan of the movie though.

Yea that's the rub on that one. I just dont feel the need to own that on UHD at all.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
The title of the thread has never been more relevant.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It was definitely me when I bought the Backdraft UHD. It's like, an ok movie, really nothing that special but I was like ohhhhh think of all those HDR flames and explosions.....

And I was right, the Backdraft UHD is great eye candy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

It was definitely me when I bought the Backdraft UHD. It's like, an ok movie, really nothing that special but I was like ohhhhh think of all those HDR flames and explosions.....

And I was right, the Backdraft UHD is great eye candy.

:emptyquote:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Dragonshirt posted:

The title of the thread has never been more relevant.

but I didnt buy it.

until I find it on-sale for like $10 somewhere

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

dorium posted:

Yea that's the rub on that one. I just dont feel the need to own that on UHD at all.

It doesn't look like its a UHD

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

New Halloween looks great. As Franchescanado mentioned, way more autumnal and… not muted but the first scenes w Laurie in the morning come off as more overcast. I know exactly what you mean by the previous version looking like a summer scene.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Agreed. I'm not sure which the theatrical colors more closely resemble, but I prefer the new version.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Got a shipping notice for my Halloween III UHD!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is really not helpful because I know there's copies currently sitting on the shelf at the Best Buy down the street and I really didn't want to spend $25 on a movie I already own on UHD(and blu ray, and DVD). That's like, a new level, double dipping on UHDs.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

This is really not helpful because I know there's copies currently sitting on the shelf at the Best Buy down the street and I really didn't want to spend $25 on a movie I already own on UHD(and blu ray, and DVD). That's like, a new level, double dipping on UHDs.

I'm doing it, because it's Halloween, and for me it's such a personal favorite that I want to have it. The screenshots I posted earlier today sealed the deal for me. Plus, I can give my old 4k UHD to a friend and help out their 4k collection.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

I’ve already crossed that line (bought Birds of Prey once for $20 and then months later was given the opportunity to get the steelbook for $10…)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
My Halloween UHDs are out for delivery today!

I'm gonna do a full run through the entire series, leading up to the release of Halloween Kills next week.

Edit: had a dicey moment when I opened the package and I could hear that one of the Halloween 4 discs had come loose and was bouncing around inside the case. Luckily it turned out to be the standard blu ray and not the UHD.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

still havent seen movement on either of the movies i ordered through Shout.