Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Just because a bum rear end TE is #4 through 4 games doesn’t mean he suddenly has a lot of value.

Like he is still miles and miles away from being worth anything close to Kelce’s value.
Oh absolutely, Schultz is easily a tier down but it would be a horrible trade to lose that, and DKM, Kamara for Kelce, JRob, and a benchwarmer of a WR. I love me some JRob but he's the reverse of what you just said about Schultz and is also in a volatile situation on the Jags where they will frequently be playing from behind and the HC could get fired at the drop of a hat while Kamara is playing behind a top 5 OL and his team has a good D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i mean you can decline the offer but it’s not straight up insulting. I can easily envision JRob out producing Kamara ROS. Likely? Maybe not. Possible? Sure. You gain at TE and lose at WR. It’s all a matter of whether you’re gonna value guys based on pre season draft value vs where you, personally, predict them to perform ROS, coupled with team needs and league roster/scoring quirks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Just because a bum rear end TE is #4 through 4 games doesn’t mean he suddenly has a lot of value.

Like he is still miles and miles away from being worth anything close to Kelce’s value.

That's true but also I picked up Schultz in three leagues I don't really understand how the starting TE for Dallas didn't get any offers other than mine

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is Schultz the actual starter? Jarwin is there too and there are a ton of other mouths to feed. I don't know what the actual situation is there.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

I need to pick up a D this week. I have the Bills and Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC) as a RB, so I'd like to avoid them negating each other. I also have Goedert (PHI) as my TE. Here are the top remaining ones in our league (10 team, non-ppr, regular scoring):

I'm terrible at this kind of decision making (LV would be senisble, but ATL is playing the Jets...), so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Poque posted:

Is Schultz the actual starter? Jarwin is there too and there are a ton of other mouths to feed. I don't know what the actual situation is there.

I don't think they've said it out loud.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32343872

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

That's true but also I picked up Schultz in three leagues I don't really understand how the starting TE for Dallas didn't get any offers other than mine

Idk Jarwin is there too and I could easily see Schultz finishing outside the top 10.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That video addresses concerns, including Gallup coming back. TE is such a poo poo show this season that this guy is easily worth a flyer for me on free agency like Bob Tonyan was last season.

In regards to giving up Kelce though, lol don't do that for any reason.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Pulchritudinous posted:

I need to pick up a D this week. I have the Bills and Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC) as a RB, so I'd like to avoid them negating each other. I also have Goedert (PHI) as my TE. Here are the top remaining ones in our league (10 team, non-ppr, regular scoring):

I'm terrible at this kind of decision making (LV would be senisble, but ATL is playing the Jets...), so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction

The rankings I follow have the Vikings pretty high and the Raiders a bit lower.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Schultz is absolutely worth a flyer, I agree there. I was still thinking more in terms of trade value where, despite early successes, he's still in the amorphous tight end blob that could finish anywhere between like TE3 and TE16.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Pulchritudinous posted:

I like the Cards if Garoppolo is out, otherwise Vikings.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Chernabog posted:

Which RB would you ask for Kupp 1 for 1 in PPR?

I think JT or Najee is the best you could reasonably expect and even then it'd probably get rejected. People hold on tightly to RB1s lol.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

dxt posted:

I like the Cards if Garoppolo is out, otherwise Vikings.

Some would like the Cards more if a 1-legged Jimmy was in. He has a history of playing absolutely gawd awful when less than 100%.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

coronaball posted:

Some would like the Cards more if a 1-legged Jimmy was in. He has a history of playing absolutely gawd awful when less than 100%.

Maybe, I tend to target rookie QBs for DEF opponents too hard

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sorry for my annual complaint but god Chris Harris is a dick it’s a routine for me but I still no doubt listen.

I’d like to wean off. Fantasy footballers are fine, late round podcast, rotoworld or whatever it’s called now.

Fantasy pros didn’t really grab me but if anyone has any suggestions for a roughly hour long cast I can replace Harris with id appreciate it

Edit: I do like his cynical look as it feels more “realistic” but just would like my host less assholey

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Pulchritudinous posted:

I'm in the same spot as you (minus the Bills), and am probably rolling with the Cards. SF may be starting a rookie QB (Lance) for his first full game & their RB's are in shambles due to early season injuries. If SF wants to keep up with the Cards explosive offense, they're going to have to pass, and passes from Lance = potential for INTs. On top of this, the Cards contained the Rams (pass heavy offense), so I expect they'll do pretty well against a heavily injured SF.

With that said, the Bears are terrible and the Raiders pass rush was looking scary, so I don't think you can go wrong with either defense.

Also don't think of starting Bills + CEH as "negating" each other. I would call that hedging risk. The reason not to play the Bills D is that we don't know how they'll fare against a strong offense yet. They've beaten up on two teams with backup QBs (Miami & Houston), a Steelers team with weak O-line (and only beat them by a TD), and WFT (not a strong O by any stretch of the imagination).

van fem fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 6, 2021

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Thanks all! I wound up grabbing the Cardinals. Hopefully it pans out

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what is this garbage about Zeke's knee and the DNP? is he injured?

any Dallas homers have insight?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I grabbed the raiders for some sweet Justin Fields sacks

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

pmchem posted:

what is this garbage about Zeke's knee and the DNP? is he injured?

any Dallas homers have insight?

It’s Wednesday.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

generic one posted:

It’s Wednesday.

yeah, I know. it's also the first time he showed up on the injury report or did anything other than "full practice" all season. it's a change. it's news.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

yeah, I know. it's also the first time he showed up on the injury report or did anything other than "full practice" all season. it's a change. it's news.

lol, breathe dude

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

pmchem posted:

The Wednesday injury report is not, and never has been, news.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m worried about the news because I just lost Montgomery with a knee injury and my other RBs besides Zeke are Nyheim Hines and Damien Williams

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Oh my lord. It’s loving Wednesday. It’s the Allen Iverson day of the week for dudes like Zeke.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

It can't be Wednesday, the guy in the office who always wears the hump day shirt didn't wear it today

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Sataere posted:

The Wednesday injury report is not, and never has been, news.

this is a bad take and you know better. tons of people put in waiver claims wednesday night and if you willfully ignore anything to do with the wednesday injury report when putting in waiver claims you're ignoring relevant information. for example, Njoku is also a DNP today. bonus for Hooper, who's available on a lot of wires. might matter to people who own Hock, who was also a DNP today with a new knee injury. but, unlike Zeke (see below), no further clarification from the team or reporters on his status. who did practice today? CMC, and I'm sure that is very much relevant news to CMC owners who may be evaluating trade offers for him right now.

anyway, my zeke question was out of simple curiousity. it's unusual for him to DNP unless he's actually injured. he typically doesn't get veteran rest days and it wasn't reported out that way on the injury report. nevertheless, the cowboys' site now has a report on it, and he should be back tomorrow:
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/updates-october-2021

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
The only person I'm worried about right now is Carson on Thursday. I get the feeling he's going to be a game time decision or at least splitting the load again

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

It can't be Wednesday, the guy in the office who always wears the hump day shirt didn't wear it today

I think you saw Todd, who looks just like Jeff (the guy who wears the hump day shirt). Jeff’s out of the office with COVID. Todd’s been around today, though.

:lmao: Wow.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pmchem posted:

nevertheless, the cowboys' site now has a report on it, and he should be back tomorrow:

Huh, who'd have guessed it was nothing to worry about

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
How are others with Robert Woods handling him right now? Is anyone still starting him on Thursday?

He had that garbage-time TD this week but otherwise he's just not getting the volume, Stafford just doesn't look his way.

I know there's been coach talk about getting him more involved this week but that could be bullshit. I'm pretty sure there's going to be one game soon where he explodes and there's a good chance it could be this week, but maybe that's sunk-cost fallacy talking.

In any case, I know the big game will come as soon as I bench or drop him.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It’s the injury report my dudes

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

am I crazy for Believing in cordarelle? he's kinda the RB1B and WR1B at the same time, best case scenario. i don't expect him to play against adoree jackson and pals every week but the nature of the targets he's getting makes him feel spicy.
vs someone like, say, Kareem Hunt who is the firm 2nd running back. it feels crazy to even say the two are comparable but I think I actually like cordy better rest of season. the browns will get many more yards and touchdowns than the falcons so maybe not.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

am I crazy for Believing in cordarelle? he's kinda the RB1B and WR1B at the same time, best case scenario. i don't expect him to play against adoree jackson and pals every week but the nature of the targets he's getting makes him feel spicy.
vs someone like, say, Kareem Hunt who is the firm 2nd running back. it feels crazy to even say the two are comparable but I think I actually like cordy better rest of season. the browns will get many more yards and touchdowns than the falcons so maybe not.

Keep rolling with Cordarelle until he stops producing. I strongly doubt he can keep it up all season, but until it stops I don't think you can bench that kind of production.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's rb3 in PPR I'd ride till the wheels came off.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Had my choice of all RBs other than Derrick Henry

Can't believe my Saquon choice is looking correct so far

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I can't believe I had reservations about drafting Derrick Henry at 1.04

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pmchem posted:

this is a bad take and you know better. tons of people put in waiver claims wednesday night and if you willfully ignore anything to do with the wednesday injury report when putting in waiver claims you're ignoring relevant information. for example, Njoku is also a DNP today. bonus for Hooper, who's available on a lot of wires. might matter to people who own Hock, who was also a DNP today with a new knee injury. but, unlike Zeke (see below), no further clarification from the team or reporters on his status. who did practice today? CMC, and I'm sure that is very much relevant news to CMC owners who may be evaluating trade offers for him right now.

anyway, my zeke question was out of simple curiousity. it's unusual for him to DNP unless he's actually injured. he typically doesn't get veteran rest days and it wasn't reported out that way on the injury report. nevertheless, the cowboys' site now has a report on it, and he should be back tomorrow:

On the other hand, it’s Wednesday and he didn’t practice because any veteran who doesn’t want to practice doesn’t have to on Wednesday. Don’t sweat it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Volume is very low, like 30% of snaps. He's an intriguing player but his trade value will literally never be higher than right now. If you can get an RB2 for him I say do it, because the odds are highly against him maintaining this kind of production on the number of snaps he's getting. If that means watching a couple good weeks from him than so be it I say.

Also PSA when it comes to star RBs, unless there is some specific injury reported in the media, Wednesday injury reports always fall under the "It's Wednesday My Dudes" sign. Please don't make me tap the sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I hope my opponents' players get the rest they need this week so they can be fully healthy and ready to go next week. That's just what a nice guy I am. :unsmith: