Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Didn't we use 2 2nd round picks on him? :lol:

Got fifth rounder back though, that's Trader Pace wheeling and dealing. Speaking of fifth rounders, is Borom still hurt?

E: oh he's on IR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm willing to wager that we haven't seen the last of the so-called "Andey"

It’s how the Bears do it.

Orton/Grossman
Cutler/Pickles
Glennon/Trubisky
Trubisky/Daniel
Trubisky/Foles
Now Dalton/Fields

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lol that three guys on this list got released

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

When Fields threw that 50 yard bomb to Mooney I realized he is the most talented QB the Bears have ever had in their franchise history.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

When Fields threw that 50 yard bomb to Mooney I realized he is the most talented QB the Bears have ever had in their franchise history.

smh, Cutler would hit a few of those a year too, but yeah, Fields is a better decision maker and athlete.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah that Andy Dalton, he never got a fair shake anywhere.

I didn't say that, just that if he hadn't have been injured he'd almost definitely still be the starter so the timing was poo poo for him

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

smh, Cutler would hit a few of those a year too, but yeah, Fields is a better decision maker and athlete.

The sex cannon had even more ups and downs

We need a good name to go with fields, like all of rexs stuff and then smokin Jay's cutlerceptions

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1445800445419655174

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cutler couldn't run a 4.4 40.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1445801811584053262

that's my motherfucking QB

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1445795736025645067

give me a QB1 you cowards

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

THE CHICAGO BEARS JUST MADE THE FREAKING PLAYOFFS probably because lol nfc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1445802276765855744

He's following the Aaron Rodgers school of quarterbacking, alienating his parents.

You love to see his dedication to being great.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

When asked who was taking over offensive play calling duties, Nagy asked for a six pack of Lone Star and started rambling about the Yellow King

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/patrickfinley/status/1445798335319789568

I wonder who the gently caress came down from on high to tell Nagy to play Fields lol

Ol' Virginia driving down to Halas hall to tell Nagy to play that negro boy throwing the ball downfield

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 6, 2021

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Guessing the same person who told him to stop calling plays.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
It's going to be unfortunate for everyone involved when they have to play a team that isn't starting UDFAs in their secondary

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 6, 2021

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Is Matt Nagy the greatest coach of all time, or just the greatest Bears coach of all time?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Styles Bitchley posted:

Is Matt Nagy the greatest coach of all time, or just the greatest Bears coach of all time?

Unironically the greatest bears coach of the Super Bowl Era is Lovie Smith.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CEmma670/status/1445799284222271493

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Can't fully articulate why just yet, but that annoys the absolute gently caress out of me. You were forced into giving up play calling duties last year. Did you not feel that then? If giving up those play calling duties increased your connection to all three phases, you better loving not be considering taking it back at any point because you are the head freaking coach of the team!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They let Andey practice for literally one minute before giving up on him.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Congrats lions.

https://twitter.com/SportsLine/status/1445813102713393154?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Andy's days as a starter are probably over, so it behooves him to learn how to become veteran mentor clipboard guy and be rostered on an NFL team for like 7 more years.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

&e's phone is blowing up with texts from somebody called "Mike G"

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

&e's phone is blowing up with texts from somebody called "Rex G"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Styles Bitchley posted:

Campbell and Holmes are pretty smart if you think about it. Only sign scrubs and cast offs, those guys are going to play hard no matter what, they still have to make a name for themselves even if the season is lost. A bunch of vets and divas would just give up. You can't waste talent if you don't have any to begin with! Genius.

also this post is real dumb because it's not like the Lions signed scrubs and castoffs because that was their goal—it's because the team literally can't afford anyone else, thanks in large part to the dead money off the absolutely nonsesicial contracts Bob Quinn handed out to players like Justin Coleman (2021 cap hit: $6,087,000), Desmond Trufant ($6,000,000), Jesse James ($4,287,000), Chase Daniel ($3,000,000). Even on the active roster, we're paying Trey Flowers twenty million dollars this year to be "pretty good." (When he's not injured).

Combined with the Stafford trade, the Lions only have about 3 million in cap space and $57 million in dead money this season, the most in the league by far, so yeah it's not surprising that almost everyone on the roster are draft picks or scrubs. (It doesn't help either that the one guy we did spend money on just tore his achillies :negative)

The good news though is that almost all that money comes off the balance sheet after this season, and Flowers and Goff can get cut for manageable impacts the season after that. So the Lions will actually be in a decent place to pick up FAs over the next couple seasons, so long as we can stomach sucking for the rest of the year.

e: fun fact, even if the Lions magically cleared the $19 million from Stafford's dead money off the books this year, we'd still have the second highest amount of dead money in the league, at ~$48 million just behind Philadelphia's ~$49 million.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 6, 2021

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

plz Kyle Orton call me.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Dexo posted:

also if that's Field's house, he's probably just been busy all summer with his nose in the playbook no time for furnishing rooms

usually if you've got enough money to worry about that sort of thing, you just hire someone to figure out furnishing for you

Fields probably just left a room empty for stretching/yoga/etc purposes though

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I still think Andy is a better choice. You just had your future QB have a nice confidence boosting game against a terrible defense after a disaster and you want to throw him back in?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/JeremyLayt0n/status/1445804083172970499

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Got the bears mindset

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

hell yes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

that's my quarterback

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

can't help but love that, he's got the goon nihilism down pat

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This guy rules

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
gonna buy a jersey

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

First bears quarterback to acknowledge the climate crisis, what a breath of fresh air

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Endless Trash posted:

First bears quarterback to acknowledge the climate crisis, what a breath of fresh air

Bears have been losing for so long because climate change has ruined Bear Weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Can we buy this guy an account?