Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My Jewish friend got radicalized by LF and Cum town in high school so now he talks about BirthWrong all the time like a big douchebag but I kinda wish I had done it. Idk if I’m Jewish enough though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wormskull posted:

My Jewish friend got radicalized by LF and Cum town in high school so now he talks about BirthWrong all the time like a big douchebag but I kinda wish I had done it. Idk if I’m Jewish enough though.

it takes a strong will to watch all of death note on an ipod touch instead of exploring ancient ruins in haifa. i doubt you could handle it

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol at all the stories + 9/11

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

At my grandma’s wake my aunt pulled me and my cousin outside and screamed at us for playing Four Swords Adventure together.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Also the day of 9/11 my dad came home (he worked near the towers and we couldn’t get in touch with him for hours and had no idea if he was alive), sat down next to me on the living room carpet, and watched me play Banjo Tooie for a while.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

your friend is former forums something awful mod, foromer something awful admin, former something awful front page writer, former webcomics artist, former shot gaming impressario, and current doing a workers revolution via twitter posts uwu AxeManiac???

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on 9/11 I think I was paying the only game I owned at the time, donkey Kong 64

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The Klowner posted:

Early Klowning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Klowner posted:

:whitewater:

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I probably played counter-strike

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I don't think it came out until after 9/11 but I played a gigantic amount of Advance Wars around that time

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i brought my nintendo ds on a birthright trip and was sitting on a bench playing castlevania dawn of sorrow while the rest of my peers were tying phylacteries to their heads and wailing at the wall. our idf guard was standing next to me with her big gun watching the ds screen but not saying anything. i think she was jealous

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i had just started kindergarten so my best guess is Mario 64. childhood amnesia's fully blocked that day out

Reprogram Plus
Sep 24, 2007

I was still really into Red Alert 2 on 9/11.

Another gaming/tragedy thing I remember from 2001 was my dad making me turn off Paper Mario without saving so he could watch Nascar, and during that race his favorite driver died lol.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pretty sure i was playing golden sun, the timing is right

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Reprogram Plus posted:

Another gaming/tragedy thing I remember from 2001 was my dad making me turn off Paper Mario without saving so he could watch Nascar, and during that race his favorite driver died lol.

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My uncle actually worked at the WTC and experienced both the 1993 bombing and 9/11. The latter broke his brain and he's terrified of Muslims now
Uncle at WTC saying things like "Christmas does what Ramadon't" until he's uninvited from Thanksgiving.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Uncle at WTC saying things like "Christmas does what Ramadon't" until he's uninvited from Thanksgiving.

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lol but for real I haven’t seen him in like 5 years and before that it was probably 10.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Hearing "uncle at WTC" and thinking about a guy telling all his nieces and nephews about all the cool new terrorist attacks that are being developed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

Hearing "uncle at WTC" and thinking about a guy telling all his nieces and nephews about all the cool new terrorist attacks that are being developed.

The World Trade Center has just been attacked no matter what tower you’re in!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Reprogram Plus
Sep 24, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

well, nephew of mine, you know that Eve Online game? let's just say there may be some changes soon ;)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

the sega kids were always FREAKS who had like pet lizards .

the only dedicated sega kids i knew lived next door to us for a year, once their dog took a poo poo on the carpet while we were playing nba jam and it sat there for a week

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Frenz posted:

I probably played counter-strike

definitely

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The sega kid I knew had a gamer dad with a cushy engineering job so he had both nintendo AND sega.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

The sega kid I knew had a gamer dad with a cushy engineering job so he had both nintendo AND sega.
the gaming nephalem

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Klowner posted:

I didn't even realize 9/11 happened during my life time until Ctrl+Alt+Del put up a five year memorial comic and I counted backwards on my fingers.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

the only dedicated sega kids i knew lived next door to us for a year, once their dog took a poo poo on the carpet while we were playing nba jam and it sat there for a week

The superior memory of the Genesis allowed turds to stay on the floor for a week or more. Sega truly does what Nintendon't

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think I mentioned this story before, but back when the DC snipers stuff was happening our teacher was explaining it to us and all the students were silent until someone near the back turned on their GBA and the startup sound came on at max volume

lkfao

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

mbt posted:

the gaming nephalem

lmao

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Lol @ last four pages or so

I only had Nintendo friends, but I remember some of us going to a house with a Megadrive and limbering up to try out this Sonic the Hedgehog business, like cracking our knuckles and rolling our sleeves up for this grave and important business.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When I was young I had an NES, and my friend had an Atari 7800. I got an SNES, and he got a Sega Genesis. He also played a lot of educational games on the PC. I think his parents might have been Mormon. I hope he's okay now.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

When I was young I had an NES, and my friend had an Atari 7800. I got an SNES, and he got a Sega Genesis. He also played a lot of educational games on the PC. I think his parents might have been Mormon. I hope he's okay now.

he probably killed himself when the 3DO released

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

my exact experience, fighting sinspawn in killika ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

i had just started kindergarten so my best guess is Mario 64. childhood amnesia's fully blocked that day out

I have turned to dust and blown away on the wind

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
The one kid in my grade with a Genesis had a mullet and his dad was our Cub Scout leader. One time we were at his house for a scout meeting and then we went down into his astroturfed basement and we watched him beat Kid Chameleon in one sitting.

I got pulled out of scouts after that because the dad tried to convince the other dads to let him take nude pictures of us

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Max Payne