Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

1glitch0 posted:

So I'm baffled... I just got a new computer and tried to log in to my Game Pass on it and it's already logged in with some random account and asks if I want to get Game Pass. It won't let me log out of it. Already uninstalled and reinstalled.

Any ideas?

Is that account the owner of Windows 10? Is it logged into the Microsoft Store app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
When you booted up windows 10 you likely made a microsoft account instead of a local one (because that's what it asks you to do - getting it to make a local admin instead is a chore). You need to either associate your windows account to the one on your comp and then delete the account associated with it, or make another account, associate your MS account with that one, and then give it admin permissions and delete the original.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

xgalaxy posted:

Shoulda sold Tribes to Microsoft instead of Hi-Rez.
I was unfortunately in the room when that decision was made.

Finally. I found the person! TIME FOR YOUR HEAD FUCKER! IVE WAITED 17 YEARS FOR THIS!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TheAnomaly posted:

When you booted up windows 10 you likely made a microsoft account instead of a local one (because that's what it asks you to do - getting it to make a local admin instead is a chore). You need to either associate your windows account to the one on your comp and then delete the account associated with it, or make another account, associate your MS account with that one, and then give it admin permissions and delete the original.

Gotcha. Thanks. I guess I'm not going to have game pass on this comp! That's ridiculous.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Why is my AC Valhalla saying that it's updating 0MB of 112.92GB. Did my xbox uninstall the game? It's now installing from scratch again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

1glitch0 posted:

Gotcha. Thanks. I guess I'm not going to have game pass on this comp! That's ridiculous.
Hmm it seems like you only read the first part of the post that describes the problem and not the second part that offers multiple solutions. Then again I guess reading isn't your forte with how you ended up in this situation to begin with.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John F Bennett posted:

Why is my AC Valhalla saying that it's updating 0MB of 112.92GB. Did my xbox uninstall the game? It's now installing from scratch again.
It was trying to do you a favor.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

just log out of the acc????

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

American McGay posted:

It was trying to do you a favor.

Raiding monasteries is pretty cool though, living the dream.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does Return To Arkham still have whatever framerate problems it launched with?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Does Return To Arkham still have whatever framerate problems it launched with?

I'd assume so, yes. I mean it runs fine, but with the X-enhanced patch Asylum is weirdly locked at 45 fps, while City is 30 fps. And the Xbone/PS4 remaster changed the overall look for worse from the originals IMO; some characters have weird faces and the lighting is often pointlessly dark or harsh.

So I'd recommend playing them on PC instead, if you can.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Kins posted:

Next batch of Game Pass dates

COMING:
Today: Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
October 7: The Procession to Calvary (Cloud, Console, and PC), Visage (Cloud, Console, and PC)
October 12: Back 4 Blood (Cloud, Console, and PC), Destiny 2: Beyond Light (PC)
October 14: Ring of Pain (Cloud, Console, and PC), The Riftbreaker (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
October 15: The Good Life (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving October 15:
Gonner2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Heave Ho (PC)
Katana Zero (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Scourgebringer (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Tales of Vesperia HD (Console and PC)
The Swords of Ditto (PC)

Good life is exactly the kind of game I will play day 1 on gamepass that I was not sure whether I was going to buy or not
Katana Zero is good and short I think anyone should play it. Yes it's a 2D indie pixel game and gamepass has loads of those but this is definitely one of the better ones

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also I did not expect my shiny new Series X to drop frames playing Artful Escape. Cool game though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Good life is exactly the kind of game I will play day 1 on gamepass that I was not sure whether I was going to buy or not
Katana Zero is good and short I think anyone should play it. Yes it's a 2D indie pixel game and gamepass has loads of those but this is definitely one of the better ones

Good Life is my monthly "I would never pay money for this but fine, Gamepass, fine" game, even if it probably doesn't end with you pushing a human being into a meat processing plant to make dog food.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I had installed it on my computer a long time ago, but only started playing it last night after seeing that it was leaving, and yeah, it's really cool.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Far Cry 6 reviews are coming in. As well as a lot of BF2042 gameplay vids.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FC6 looks shite.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Looks fun to me, but I'm a sucker for open world games.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Far Cry games are my jam. I don't care that they have a deadly serious plot alongside ridiculous things like diabetic bear companions and whatnot. They're fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I watched the Skillup guy review and had a sensible chuckle at “You have already played Far Cry 6.”

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Far Cry games are my jam. I don't care that they have a deadly serious plot alongside ridiculous things like diabetic bear companions and whatnot. They're fun.

From what Giant bomb said on the podcast yesterday, 6 seems more aware of itself than 5 and is more about blowing poo poo up than a "Deep thought provoking story"

Also apparently there's a gator friend who is cool so I'm down.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I watched the Skillup guy review and had a sensible chuckle at “You have already played Far Cry 6.”
FarCry 3*2

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Finally. I found the person! TIME FOR YOUR HEAD FUCKER! IVE WAITED 17 YEARS FOR THIS!

Didn’t have much say in the matter. What I really wanted to happen was go in with another friend (another employee) and buy it ourselves. But obviously even then didn’t have the money to do so.

The correct person to blame is Louis Castle.
I was young and naive at the time. Castle is a prick and used company funds to renovate his own property.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
He worked on Boom Blox. He can't have been that bad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John F Bennett posted:

Looks fun to me, but I'm a sucker for open world games.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

xgalaxy posted:

Didn’t have much say in the matter. What I really wanted to happen was go in with another friend (another employee) and buy it ourselves. But obviously even then didn’t have the money to do so.

The correct person to blame is Louis Castle.
I was young and naive at the time. Castle is a prick and used company funds to renovate his own property.

Sorry. Death by association! Do you see Louis Castle on these forums? No? Then it’s your head! :v:

:smith:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Slime Rancher runs like poo poo, huh

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Mr. Neutron posted:

Had I known they'd be adding Scarlet Nexus, I wouldnt've bought it :(

you can tell from how many of certain publishers' games come to Game Pass that they have an overall Game Pass deal of some kind with MS. it's not an ironclad rule, but if a game is published by, say, Bandai Namco or Devolver, there's a very good chance it'll come to GP if you're patient

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

you can tell from how many of certain publishers' games come to Game Pass that they have an overall Game Pass deal of some kind with MS. it's not an ironclad rule, but if a game is published by, say, Bandai Namco or Devolver, there's a very good chance it'll come to GP if you're patient

This is why I didn’t buy tales of arise despite the reviews

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
HumbleGames has been putting a ton of their stuff on GP lately but I think most of it has been day one.

That's also why I'm holding off on Death's Door because that screams Game Pass in 6 months.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

American McGay posted:

HumbleGames has been putting a ton of their stuff on GP lately but I think most of it has been day one.

That's also why I'm holding off on Death's Door because that screams Game Pass in 6 months.

It's very good and fun with great art and music. I don't regret my 20 bucks at all. Hope it comes to gamepass too so more people can enjoy it :toot:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lmao

I too suffer this ailment.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

You shouldn't really joke about it, millions of families suffer every year.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I'm at least fortunate that my symptoms are limited to far cry's, I've bounced hard off of watch dogs and every assassin's creed I've tried (except the pirate one)

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I take it each console thread is its own Battlefield 2042 thread?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

joylessdivision posted:

From what Giant bomb said on the podcast yesterday, 6 seems more aware of itself than 5 and is more about blowing poo poo up than a "Deep thought provoking story"

Also apparently there's a gator friend who is cool so I'm down.

Do they have a two hour long Quick Look available so I can watch them fiddle with menus?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I take it each console thread is its own Battlefield 2042 thread?

I only do bookmarks, but there is a main battlefield thread?

I might be missing something, operating on no sleep

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970195

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

jesus christ gently caress

still in chapter 1 of ac: odyssey, around 2/3 of the map cleared :shepface:

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

kri kri posted:

I only do bookmarks, but there is a main battlefield thread?

I might be missing something, operating on no sleep

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970195

That's it cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

That's it cheers!

add me if you want: kri kri1236