Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Aren’t his past few comics about how the pandemic was a media conspiracy? So somehow I’m doubting he’s pro vaccine

If the mandate were gone tomorrow, it would be "well, I'm pro-vaccine, but not necessarily pro-THIS-vaccine".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vib Rib posted:

It's not just bad, it's literally just a blown up screengrab from the film with a few lines over it. It goes beyond tracing, which I'm pretty sure artists aren't supposed to do in general (especially professional ones), and fully into the territory of just using that art wholesale.

I mean it's not just blown up stolen artwork. I looked online and none of the screengrabs from that scene were anywhere near the bad quality, even when stretched to those proportions. Did it in paint as well as that seemed to be what he was using. Like I legit don't know how he manged to make it look that bad.

Oh and his added line worked just adds to the bloody awfulness of it all. Like there's so few of them that it can possibly be trying to make it seem like faking that he actually drew it, but... then why?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gorell is a genius

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Ralepozozaxe posted:

It's okay because he sighted his source above his signature in the top corner. Though in the future he will need to provide a url link for this to count. C-

Disney would still be within their rights and standard business model to sue over this. Please.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
https://twitter.com/maritzac/status/1445592475213594632

YEsssss

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Pandora papers and Insulate Britain – Tory donors named in Pandora’s papers revelations"

Telegraph:

CBI president: UK must bring in more immigrants to deal with shortages

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Priti Patel to enable police to stop disruptive protesters going to demos

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on...getting Britain back to work

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on...getting Britain back to work

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh gently caress off. The mask isn't a big deal and it's no effort to leave it on when I'm in the car. Much like how it's no effort when I put it on in the first place you clown.

For real. I'm so tired of dipwads pretending like they think other people are afraid they'll spontaneously generate covid while they're alone in the car. Sometimes I have a few errands to run and there's no point taking my mask off just to put it back on in 5 minutes because I don't have Boomer baby lungs that collapse into shriveled quivering uselessness behind a scrap of fabric.

I have no idea what this is about but I like it

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

I have no idea what this is about but I like it
According to a new report the catholic church in France sexually abused 330 000 children from the fifties and until now.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

dr_rat posted:

I mean it's not just blown up stolen artwork. I looked online and none of the screengrabs from that scene were anywhere near the bad quality, even when stretched to those proportions. Did it in paint as well as that seemed to be what he was using. Like I legit don't know how he manged to make it look that bad.

Oh and his added line worked just adds to the bloody awfulness of it all. Like there's so few of them that it can possibly be trying to make it seem like faking that he actually drew it, but... then why?

I think that the added lovely line work was done because of the appallingly low resolution and crappiness of the screen grab. The few lines were, I think, just to add some definition back to a few details like arms and the hag face.

The overall piece is like, worse than I'd expect of some lovely meme posted on Facebook mom groups between pictures of Minions with dumb text next to them. Except this guy is allegedly a professional paid money to do these.

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

FTR, what's this cartoon referencing? Was there some sporting event where the fans started spontaneously chanting, "gently caress Joe Biden!"?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's a NASCAR driver, so yeah, probably.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

‘Weakest watchdog’: Report slams Morrison plan for integrity commission (SMH).
IBAC = Independent Broad‑based Anti‑corruption Commission (Victoria's anti-corruption agency).
ICAC = Independent Commission Against Corruption (NSW's anti-corruption agency).

Broelman:

Shakespeare:

Wilcox:

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

New NSW premier Dominic Perrottet. The woman on the left is wearing the logo of public broadcaster ABC, favourite target of Leak's paper The Australian. The News Corp papers have opinion pieces like "Puritanical left puts Perrottet in pillory" (The Australian) and "Perrottet latest victim of left-wing bigots" (Herald Sun).

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

NDP posted:

FTR, what's this cartoon referencing? Was there some sporting event where the fans started spontaneously chanting, "gently caress Joe Biden!"?

From what I can tell, that's basically exactly what happened. And someone who was broadcasting an interview at the time apparently tried to give the impression that they were saying something else.

So of course it's the biggest media ethics scandal in history, depending where you get your news.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

bloody hell Lois

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

NDP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liiNGIp75Ug

Classy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

wizzardstaff posted:

From what I can tell, that's basically exactly what happened. And someone who was broadcasting an interview at the time apparently tried to give the impression that they were saying something else.

So of course it's the biggest media ethics scandal in history, depending where you get your news.

I was saying Booo-iden

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

He has big banner on his site that goes to this sulking screed:

Ben & Tina[/quote posted:

WE ARE CLOSING OUR PATREON ACCOUNT! FIND US ON SUBSCRIBESTAR!

Patreon is a monthly donation site that we have used since September of 2015. I am surprised we lasted this long as many others were kicked off Patreon in the last couple of years.

This worked well for Grrrgraphics and we had many good folks supporting us every month, we appreciate your loyalty and support over the years.

But now the tyranny and censorship is at an insane level. Patreon recently changed their terms of service to include “Covid misinformation” which means you can not question the CDC, NIH narrative about the vaccines or other forms of treatment of the wu-flu.

I received an email from Patreon’s “Trust and Safety” department asking us to not only delete our cartoons on the Plannedemic on Patreon’s platform, but also asking us to delete the same cartoons on our website grrrgraphics.com because we “fund” it through Patreon.

Um, no you vax tyrants, we will NOT be deleting ANY content especially on the website- Patreon, you have no right to censor our website. See email below…what nerve!

The amount we make on Patreon is insignificant compared to what they want, censorship of our site. It’s time to say EFF you Patreon and close our account. This is a line in the sand we will not cross. It’s been fun Patreon- we will miss our friends and supporters on the site, but you can still support us with a monthly reoccurring donation at our Subscribe Star page.

Or at Kofi you can send a monthly “coffee” (donation) and continue your support of Ben and Tina’s work through those portals.

We will be shutting down the Patreon account today, once again thank you for support over the years. Please stay in touch and let us know your thoughts, send us an email at

info@grrrgraphics.com

Thank you!
”You have no right to have rules for your site. You are FORCED to host our outright lies and conspiracy theories :qq:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
He's desperately trying to spin it as "patreon wants to scrub my content off the internet" rather than "using patreon to finance my content is against ToS, even if it's hosted elsewhere".

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

STOLEN ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

Biden’s Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that he would go after parents who complain too vociferously at school board meetings. The parents do not want their children to wear health-damaging masks, but they especially do not want their children to be taught Marxist ‘Critical Race Theory,’ which is funded by dark money.

After Scalia was whacked, Obama wanted Garland as his replacement on the Supreme Court. Fortunately the Republicans blocked the far-left nut job’s chance of confirmation.

Obama announced he would ‘fundamentally transform’ America and we now know by that he meant destroying America. Joe is continuing the destruction. He sees it as necessary in order to ‘build back better.’ What is ‘better?’ To Obama and Joe, it means Americans will be forced to live under a Marxist yoke of tyranny.

Constitutional rights are being ignored. Gulags are appearing on the scene, into which ‘insurrectionists’ and domestic terrorists disappear without any legal recourse. The Marxists love what Stalin did. Enemies simply disappear. To make this happen they politicized the security agencies and the courts. The FBI is now the muscle of the Democrat Party.

Now they’re going after parents who loudly complain (as they should) about the divisive, racist, and hate-filled Critical Racist Theory being taught to their children. Garland’s job is to instill fear and silence those who exercise their First Amendment right of free speech. This is disgusting, but not unexpected. After all, the Marxists stole the election for the extremely unpopular Joe Biden.

The first thing the imposter president did was leave our borders wide open for invaders. He cancelled the Keystone Pipeline and and undid President Trump’s energy independence. Joe left Americans behind in Afghanistan along with billions of dollars worth of military equipment—now in the hands of the Taliban and the Communist Chinese. Joe’s irrational shutdowns and vax mandates have cost Americans countless jobs. A vast new army of intrusive IRS agents have been ordered to harass middle class Americans if they buy a $600 couch. An incredibly expensive Green New Deal bill will further accelerate inflation.

It’s no surprise to see them go after Americans who resist their hateful Marxism. It’s also no surprise to hear chants of “F____ Joe Biden!” in stadiums throughout the land. Let’s hope the chants grow louder.

— Ben Garrison

UPDATE: Conflict of interest?

AG GARLAND’S FAMILY GETTING RICH SELLING CRITICAL RACE THEORY MATERIALS TO SCHOOLS

Attorney General Merrick Garland’s daughter is Rebecca Garland. In 2018 Rebecca Garland married Xan Tanner . Mr. Xan Tanner is the current co-founder of a controversial education service company called Panorama Education. Panorama Education is the “social learning” resource material provider to school districts and teachers that teach Critical Race Theory. hat tip ZEROHedge

Just casually dropping a "Scalia was assassinated" in there.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are his hands spinning

NDP
Jun 25, 2021

Okay, I see. However, now I'm puzzled about what would prompt the chant. It's not like Biden, Kamala Harris, or some member of the cabinet was at the race in which case the crowd's hostility would be explainable. It just comes from out of the blue. Trying to figure out the mindset of a typical right-winger is like trying to untangle a snarled fishing line.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

NDP posted:

Okay, I see. However, now I'm puzzled about what would prompt the chant. It's not like Biden, Kamala Harris, or some member of the cabinet was at the race in which case the crowd's hostility would be explainable. It just comes from out of the blue. Trying to figure out the mindset of a typical right-winger is like trying to untangle a snarled fishing line.
They're idiot jackasses who saw they were near a live TV interview and took the chance to own libs.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Wow, kind of being a dick to Brandon here, audience.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

NDP posted:

Biden Derangement Syndrome

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

"Not So Novel"

As someone who has read Franzen, he's not wrong. I need this framed in my office

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

That Garrison rant has a little bit of everything, fantastic how not angry he is right now.

Almost as fantastic as that Gorrell. :eyepop:

Help Im Alive posted:

Are his hands spinning
Only if you push the button on his back, that activates his Super Spinning Knuckle movement.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I don't know if Disney wants to be associated with a screengrab that terrible, maybe they'll sue him for putting their name on it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Nick Anderson

Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Chip Bok

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

KAL

Mike Lester

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Tim being weak and sickly was the entire point of that character, Payne, you loving moron.

Edit: it's like he thinks Tiny Tim died because he didn't get Christmas presents, lol

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm really tired of these stupid babies acting like someone saying "hey blowing virus all over your other unvaccinated family members for Christmas isn't a good idea" is banning Christmas.

Nobody is stopping them from doing whatever they want, they just can't handle being told what they want is foolish.

Also it's not Fauci evilly making Christmas dangerous for love of evil, it's stupid antivax assholes creating a dangerous situation in reality

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

kartikeya posted:

Tiny Tim being weak and sickly was the entire point of that character, Payne, you loving moron.

Edit: it's like he thinks Tiny Tim died because he didn't get Christmas presents, lol

Scrooge making sure a sickly child gets free medical care and avoids contracting a respiratory illness and perishing tragically.

That BASTARD.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Also isn’t that Gorrell’s copy/paste black guy? Did he just shade him white because his racism was too on the nose?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also isn’t that Gorrell’s copy/paste black guy? Did he just shade him white because his racism was too on the nose?

Yes, it is, and I'm fairly sure he's always that shade.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

kartikeya posted:

Yes, it is, and I'm fairly sure he's always that shade.

Well yeah, make him too dark, and it would scare his primary audience.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I always hate that loving MLK line because it's almost always racist assholes using it.

It's not hard. Take a story like:

"A man was accused of using a counterfeit $20 dollar bill. In response, the police officer on call threw the man to the ground, kneeling on his neck for over 9 minutes and ignoring his cries for help. The man died on the way to the hospital after the police officer was physically pulled off his neck by emergency services."

And you absolutely would judge that cop by the content of their character: abusive and indifferent to a deadly extent. That is not a person who should be in any position of power. Regardless of the factors, their character is clearly dangerous and should be judged as such.

You can replay this with drat near every incident of police brutality and it plays the same way, but according to fucks like Gorrell, it's all because of differences between races.

I wish the ghost of MLK jr would rise from the grave to smite every single rear end in a top hat who used this phrase to cover for their overt shittiness.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Quite like this one. Nice simple anti-vaxers are being idiots joke, with out a single label. Not the most original joke in the world, but it works.

Far better art work and joke, but wish they could of figured out a way to do it without the label. Still pretty much the best of the bunch IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

someone on Facebook wrote this:

quote:

"AND, AFTER ALL, THE PHILIPPINES ARE ONLY THE STEPPING-STONE TO CHINA". Editorical cartoon from after USA conquest of the Philippines. Uncle Sam is seen stepping across the ocean into the Philippines loaded down with symbols of modern civilization, including books labeled "Education" and "Religion", bridges, railroad trains, sewing machine, farm machinery. A short distance beyond the Philippines a small figure representing China stands with a happy expression and open arms, surrounded by signs saying large quantities of modern goods are wanted.

Date: Looks like either "1900" or "1902" (see bottom left corner)

Source: Cartoon from Judge Magazine