Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dubar posted:

Made it not quite to 25, and I've come to the conclusion that doing the same 3 quests killing the same 2 enemies until 60 just doesn't motivate me to log in. Gathering is fun but crafting is not. This game could potentially be good in a few years, but as of now it feels like there isn't much more to this game that I haven't seen

Yeah, I'm feeling there now too. I will say if you haven't dipped into brightwood yet, go take a peek. The music and ambience is so much a horror feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dubar posted:

Made it not quite to 25, and I've come to the conclusion that doing the same 3 quests killing the same 2 enemies until 60 just doesn't motivate me to log in. Gathering is fun but crafting is not. This game could potentially be good in a few years, but as of now it feels like there isn't much more to this game that I haven't seen

Unless you like grouping up and monopolizing everything by sheer numbers and feel like a big boy owning all the lands it's great.

If you want fun and aren't a psychopath there's really nothing to endgame.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A mistake in the pacing is only meeting two enemy types at around 30. Maybe there are more enemies nobody knows about

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Roshambo posted:

I'm thinking of starting a guild for people waiting for Royllo server to open up on the east coast server "Difu". I wanted to stay off of the Royllo cluster until we know more about how transfers are going to work. It will have to wait until after downtime though.

Did you end up doing this? All my friends who play have their servers currently locked and looking for anywhere to start playing with friendly people

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lol TT deleted all his discords

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

CLAM DOWN posted:

That’s it. I’m writing a letter to bezos. If this game doesn’t win mmo of the year it’s a drat travesty.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

CLAM DOWN posted:

I assumed I was banned or something because I still see them but they don't have anything in them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

At this point I'm basically waiting until I complete enough of the main story to unlock the first dungeon to see if I like those.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

CLAM DOWN posted:

oh no not the nazi rust discord

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

What a wild ride for a game I don’t play.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

CLAM DOWN posted:

Looooool

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Has this game even been out a week?

e: like seriously it's taken out a decade old rear end in a top hat that controlled everything, a whole discord goon network I think?

And didn't someone shoot a guy's toes that was named tiny toes a week ago??

This poo poo is amazing

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
The GDN thread is open again for all your discord drama needs.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3911147&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=2

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm getting pings in completely unrelated discord because this meltdown took half the infrastructure with it, christ.

Having the goon server packed to the brim and having to go somewhere else turned out to be a blessing from God above.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

CLAM DOWN posted:

lmao

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CLAM DOWN posted:

inshallah

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

:rubby:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

New World did this. Lol.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

CLAM DOWN posted:

New World did this. Lol.

hail lord bezos, long may he reign

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://youtu.be/TaA5p4cFRrE

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

New World did this. Lol.

Dang kills video cards AND goon guilds?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CLAM DOWN posted:

lmao

I can’t believe new world led to such a positive outcome!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
celebrated so hard I bought the game lol

truly it is a new world

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Everything about this fuckin owns.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Does anyone happen to be playing on Orofena? Got a small crew I wouldn't mind making bigger if there are any refugees hanging out.

Side note, the economy is getting really interesting. I quite enjoy how base materials will continue to have value for the entirety of the game.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Who’s heard of the madden curse? If you were on the cover of madden nfl you were gonna get hurt or have a bad season.

Now that clam down is the OP will the madden curse happen?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

jaegerx posted:

Who’s heard of the madden curse? If you were on the cover of madden nfl you were gonna get hurt or have a bad season.

Now that clam down is the OP will the madden curse happen?

talking about the madden curse in the Tiburon office was a fire-able offense, fun fact

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they feared its power

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

it's.... very funny.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Yeah, there have been some amazing pubbie names on the server for sure. I'll have to screenshot them next time I see it. I know there was a good one on the purple team.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
The fast travel system feels like another mechanic in this game that is a relic of compelling game design that got axed because it might scare away micro transaction consumers.

The idea of regional markets is really cool, but there’s simply no penalty for fast traveling loving everywhere. You get so much azoth from drops, quests, and gathering that you almost feel compelled to fast travel more often so you’re not capped. Instead of feeling like there is an immersive world with local economies, it kinda just feels like “oh sweet I need to wade through menus and a lovely market UI so I can price check the current best prices and then fast travel back and forth”

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so does crouching or going prone actually do anything

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

causticBeet posted:

The fast travel system feels like another mechanic in this game that is a relic of compelling game design that got axed because it might scare away micro transaction consumers.

The idea of regional markets is really cool, but there’s simply no penalty for fast traveling loving everywhere. You get so much azoth from drops, quests, and gathering that you almost feel compelled to fast travel more often so you’re not capped. Instead of feeling like there is an immersive world with local economies, it kinda just feels like “oh sweet I need to wade through menus and a lovely market UI so I can price check the current best prices and then fast travel back and forth”

if you do any crafting you can burn all that azoth in seconds

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Babe Magnet posted:

so does crouching or going prone actually do anything

nameplates are harder to see but enemies can still see you if they figure where you are and target you

ded posted:

if you do any crafting you can burn all that azoth in seconds

joining portal zerg groups shits both lootboxes and azoth as well as territory rep at you

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
sounds like i need to do more portals

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This game does have some great looking areas. Brightwood nails the spooky feel.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Capping my FPS at 60 actually caps it at 72 because? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Capping my FPS at 60 actually caps it at 72 because? :confused:

I have the problem in the opposite direction, capping my FPS at 60 actually caps it at 48 consistently (on a machine that goes well past 60)