Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Cartoon Man posted:

I always believe everything on the internet.

https://i.imgur.com/TlVtTlW.mp4

If anybody could add a well-deserved :dealwithit: sunglasses drop on those monkeys it would be the pinnacle of funny gif's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

When we were in our early 20s, on holiday, me and my friends decided to do the Centurion: take 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes, one a minute, without puking.

One guy tried to do it with bottles of mudslide instead. He didn't make it very far.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah the Centurion is something you should just do as the challenge that it is, as opposed to trying to fancy it up. It's eight beers in an hour and forty minutes; that's a lot of alcohol. There's always some idiot who wants to do tequila for every tenth shot or something equally stupid.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Memento posted:

Yeah the Centurion is something you should just do as the challenge that it is, as opposed to trying to fancy it up. It's eight beers in an hour and forty minutes; that's a lot of alcohol. There's always some idiot who wants to do tequila for every tenth shot or something equally stupid.

gently caress, even a power hour (60 shots of beer in 60 min) is an accomplishment.

It's not even the raw alcohol content, although a Centurion will get you hosed up. It's the raw volume of liquid and the bubbles in your gut. Most people I've seen pop during one have been from their bodies slapping the emergency pressure release valve.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cyrano4747 posted:

gently caress, even a power hour (60 shots of beer in 60 min) is an accomplishment.

It's not even the raw alcohol content, although a Centurion will get you hosed up. It's the raw volume of liquid and the bubbles in your gut. Most people I've seen pop during one have been from their bodies slapping the emergency pressure release valve.

I could do a Power Hour but I could never feel proud about it. It would just put my alcoholism on full display for the world to see.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Desert Bus posted:

I could do a Power Hour but I could never feel proud about it. It would just put my alcoholism on full display for the world to see.

Yeah I'm simultaneously a huge guy and a 40 year old alcoholic so stuff like "I bet you can't drink a six pack in an hour" is really precious.

Stay pure, college kids.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's what happened with me.

It's funny, at the time it didn't even occur to me how much alcohol it was for the timeframe, or even how much liquid. A shot seemed like such a small thing.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hyperlynx posted:

That's what happened with me.

It's funny, at the time it didn't even occur to me how much alcohol it was for the timeframe, or even how much liquid. A shot seemed like such a small thing.

You can really min/max your Power Hour by using vodka instead of beer (pls don't ever do this my poor liver).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Yeah I'm simultaneously a huge guy and a 40 year old alcoholic so stuff like "I bet you can't drink a six pack in an hour" is really precious.

Stay pure, college kids.

Years ago went to America for Blizzcon, and the yank who got us tickets decided he wanted to come out drinking with us Aussies one night.
He did not keep up with us. I think I have a video of him coming out bowling with us afterwards and effectively falling over as he bowls and almost smashing his head into the ground.

Poor bastard was a really nice bloke as well, but don't drink with Aussies or Canadians on tour :boonie:

Desert Bus posted:

You can really min/max your Power Hour by using vodka instead of beer (pls don't ever do this my poor liver).

Speed running the Power Hour via alcohol content :hmmyes:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Speed running the Power Hour via alcohol content :hmmyes:

The best jokes come from a place of truth and holy poo poo how am I still alive?

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
15 years ago 6 beers would have been nothing. These days, if I lose track and have four glasses of wine with dinner I feel like absolute poo poo for days. World is a gently caress.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Oof y'all's livers are hosed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oof y'all's livers are hosed.

LOL

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I took part in a drinking game with a bunch of guys in rural Malaysia, I don't think they were prepared for how much us Canadians could handle. And there's no way of knowing how much we actually consumed, because it was all home-made rice wine in torso-sized clay jars.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
When I was working in Laos the local bar owner would get in more beer on the night before the Australian crew was rotating out of country, otherwise we would drink the place completely dry.

As a country, we have a serious problem that we are absolutely not going to confront.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I went through the effort of making several video power hour compilations (the 60 shots of beer in an hour one) before youtube even had reasonable clips. I still have some of my classic ones.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Memento posted:

It's about 4.5 L of liquid, which is much larger than typical max stomach volume, and stomach doesn't empty that fast. It physically doesn't fit in most people, even if it's just water.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I never got the appeal of having a high tolerance for alcohol, besides some macho posturing stuff.

I want to get shitfaced, and I want it to happen fast, cheap and tasty!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

evobatman posted:

[...] I want it to happen fast, cheap and tasty!

Sorry, you can only have two of those.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Foxfire_ posted:

It's about 4.5 L of liquid, which is much larger than typical max stomach volume, and stomach doesn't empty that fast. It physically doesn't fit in most people, even if it's just water.

Beer is magic. I can see multiple people downing eight beers in 1:40 in any given pub after pensions have rolled in.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Foxfire_ posted:

Yeah it's just way too much of anything

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Oh that's just loving rank.

What kind of sick gently caress drinks Bundaberg rum?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Interrupting beer chat for MRIs of babies.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Permaban

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One of the girls at Mums work was inconsolable after she went out at lunch to get an MRI while she was pregnant. Like full on wailing in the office levels of inconsolable.
Became convinced her baby was loving ugly, and the above examples were how it was going to look.

Mum came home pissing herself laughing at the end of the day.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
She's giving birth to Jolly Roger.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Rough way to find out you're a They Live ghoul.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/b9qdwdG.mp4

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Sound required

https://i.imgur.com/V7Gy6I0.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/4S5UtFA.mp4

Nubian Sasquatch
May 3, 2007

back dat ass up
Nap Ghost

LostCosmonaut posted:

At some point I want to try advocaat, but every time I get close the rest of my brain tells me no.

If it helps, drinking Advocaat is a lot like drinking a thin and spicy instant vanilla pudding.

(It probably will not help)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/W8bBUPA.mp4

sound

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Nubian Sasquatch posted:

If it helps, drinking Advocaat is a lot like drinking a thin and spicy instant vanilla pudding.

(It probably will not help)

Advocaat tastes great, but one time I bought a bottle where it was so thick that I had to coax it into the glass like how you pat ketchup out of a bottle in a diner. Ruminating on that image kinda spoiled all enthusiasm for the general endeavor.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rough way to find out you're a They Live ghoul.
Good news, we all look like that! Some scans of adults:

There's a reason we choose not to scroll that far forward in coronal view. :shepface:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/ADZrEEU.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Some people have a talent for freezing the peristaltic action and just pouring poo poo down their throats. Wonder if that could be useful in other ways.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Interrupting beer chat for MRIs of babies.

ACK !
ACK!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

PainterofCrap posted:

Some people have a talent for freezing the peristaltic action and just pouring poo poo down their throats. Wonder if that could be useful in other ways.

Oh poo poo sword swallowing derail incoming!

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

i assume they were talking about people reskilling as a pelican

with the way the economy is going, it's certainly worth considering

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

Swallowing an entire bowl of jelly in one go :hmmyes:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Storing corn for winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Persuing a career in sword swallowing