Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Teratrain posted:

Figured I'd ask - are there any cases in G2 that rival the length of 1-5? I was hooked on it but drat, that length caught me off-guard.

I would say yes, but multiple day trials come back that help break it up so it doesn't end up feeling like 1-5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Since technically the last two cases are one big long case, yes.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Electric Phantasm posted:

I would say yes, but multiple day trials come back that help break it up so it doesn't end up feeling like 1-5.

That's fair, thanks.

I'm not even really bothered by it, I just want to pace myself as I accidentally stayed up super late trying to push through to the end of 1-5.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Amppelix posted:

please, we just debunked that supposed trend on like the last page

Nobody even brought up 6-3 which was loving outstanding

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I never particularly cared for 6-3.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

6-3 kinda blows tbh.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

6-3 is great

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

spirit of justice is not a particularly good ace attorney game

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its pretty sick imo.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
On the contrary, I loved Spirit of Justice, and found it the strongest of the second trilogy. Cases 2, 3, and 5 really stand out in my mind.

I also finally finished Chronicles the other day and wow. What a ride. I loved practically every second of it. Even though from the moment I saw him in GAA 1-3 I knew Stronghart/Damon Gant would be the villain

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nyoro posted:

spirit of justice is not a particularly good ace attorney game

what the gently caress

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It has one good case, two great ones and three kinda underwhelming ones. That’s a weak showing by Ace Attorney standards.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Regy Rusty posted:

what the gently caress

divination seance is the worst thing ever

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

not a big fan of spirit of justice either, think the japanifornia cases are good but khurain is boring because it has all the depth of a fake country written by a racist european pulp comic book writer from the 1950s. not really anything interesting to it, just guys yelling about how theyre going to kill you for being a lawyer

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like SoJ more than everything but GAAC and T&T, even despite Sadmanhi being boring. But maybe I just love Apollo getting his due

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SoJ is equal to any game in the original trilogy. It has both great individual mysteries and an extremely compelling overall story. Every case (except the DLC) is good to amazing.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
SoJ is, no question, better than the 1st and 2nd Ace Attorney games and anyone thinking otherwise needs to go back and actually play through those ones.

Case 1-3 is a slog

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
1-3 didn’t interrupt you every two minutes to tell you that every person in the room wanted to mutilate you for the crime of investigating a murder.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

funnily enough, neither does 6-3

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

1-3 didn’t interrupt you every two minutes to tell you that every person in the room wanted to mutilate you for the crime of investigating a murder.

And? 1-1 and 1-3 blow, dawg

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Finishing GAA2-4 and drat can’t believe Yujin Mikotoba is a repeat offender dead beat dad. Dude needs to get his poo poo together and stop abandoning his daughters for years

hatty fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 8, 2021

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

1-1 and 1-3 are nice cases!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Amppelix posted:

funnily enough, neither does 6-3

Right, in that one it’s split between the investigation and trial segments so you get a lower-intensity but omnipresent sense of murder glee.

Plus a trial where one day is devoted to a guy literally bullshitting to waste your time, and another where the victim is trying to frame his host daughter for his suicide because of said murder glee. While Sadmahdi is prosecuting of course.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

yeah i know it owns

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
that’s fair

I kinda feel the same way about 1-3 making you waste an entire day to trading cards to get a single photograph.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I think it's fair to say that SOJ is better than Justice For All. In ratio of enjoyable cases, at the very least, it definitely beats it.

It's also easily the strongest of the sequel trilogy, although, to be fair, that's not exactly playing on even ground considering that one of them is burdened with huge plot holes resulting from no one ever following up on it and Turnabout Serenade and the other is Dual Destinies.

(Seriously, Dual Destinies is the worst game by far. I love Athena, and Blackquill is IMO one of the best prosecutors, but...)

1-3 is fine. The padding sucks, but outside of that it's a fun case.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Still making my way through the first game of GAA, but I'm happy to see the return of one of the series' most enduring staples: (1-4) figuring out exactly how everything happened and then having to wait another 45 minutes for your character to catch up

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
It's insane to me that anyone thinks either of the 3DS games are better than any of the trilogy games. I guess that's the beauty of video games

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sorry, any game where I have to run around the map waiting for event flags is bad.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

T&T > TGAA (I'm lumping them together because they're one story) > PWAA > JFA > SoJ > DD > AJAA

I have spoken.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective > AAI2 = GAA > 3 > AAI1 > 1 > 4 > SOJ > 2 > DD

90 percent of these are really good games though

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 9, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

PWAA > DD > GAA >TT > LvPW > AJ > JFA > SoJ

I did not play the investigations games, though I'm sure they are both better than justice for all and spirit of justice

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

AAI2> GAA2> AJ> 1> 3> GAA1 > 2 > AAI1 > PLvPW > SOJ > DD

think most of the shu takumi games are badass but nothing can beat investigations 2 ending with miles edgeworth debating a clown at the circus

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

miles edgeworth is so cool...

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

AAI2 has both individually strong cases and the best executed metaplot of the series. Cool game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

FutureFriend posted:

AAI2> GAA2> AJ> 1> 3> GAA1 > 2 > AAI1 > PLvPW > SOJ > DD

think most of the shu takumi games are badass but nothing can beat investigations 2 ending with miles edgeworth debating a clown at the circus

Why do you rank AJ above the entire original trilogy?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I would go... 3 > GAAC > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 2. Dunno where I'd rank AAI1, it's good but it's got worse pacing than even Rise From The Ashes. 2.4 with Engarde is amazing but the first three cases are all absolute rear end.

I definitely need to play AAI2.

Morphogenic96
Oct 30, 2013

GAA2>AAI2>SoJ>GAA1>3>PLvPW>2>AAI1>1>DD>AJ

I wonder if I just lack nostalgia for the main trilogy since I played 1-5 plus Investigations 1 in the space of a year, only a few years ago.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
GAAC>3>6>1>4>2>5>>>AA1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I may be the only one who has played AAI2 and not loved it.

The overarcing plot was great, but the individual cases were long and honestly too nonsense for me. And the judge lady was just a garbage-tier rival.