Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The most telling moment twitch streamers had was their reaction to twitch allowing non consecutive subs to count up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
God!!! I love mukbang, I love Nickado Avacados moral, mental and physical degeneration into a new type of being Die uber Achtung schlampe

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

This dude is gone, he no longer exists, for all intents and purposes he is a new creature, a new entity

a new being

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

when nobody has mentioned the atriedes today

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
When nickado avacado emerges from he chrysalis he will be beautiful ..

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

He who controls the guac controls the universe

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Augus posted:

asmongold streams from a disgusting garbageheap of a room on purpose in order to maintain his “hardcore mmo player” image so I can see why he wouldnt want his audience to know that he’s making six figures

Imagining him logging off and exiting the nerd lair into marble and gold mansion interiors with fauxclassical statues of naked night elves

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Do I want to know?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

as the stats show theres like 300 people in the world who make a sustainable income off this poo poo and they work extremely long hours performing to hundreds of thousands of people with basically no longterm job security. if you care about this at all you are dumb. every city in the world has like 20 drivetime radio guys who make twice as much while being significantly less talented and more racist

Streamers really are the radio hosts of our time.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

e X posted:

Do I want to know?

Youtuber starts mukbanging massive amounts of fast food, gains 200+ lbs (15 stone) in under three years, is now bedridden with crushed ribs and sleep apnea, blames the viewers for making him this way, keeps eating the entire Taco Bell menu on the daily.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It will be very welcome when Jenny Nicholson returns:

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1446027957625970689?s=20

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

SkeletonHero posted:

Youtuber starts mukbanging massive amounts of fast food, gains 200+ lbs (15 stone) in under three years, is now bedridden with crushed ribs and sleep apnea, blames the viewers for making him this way, keeps eating the entire Taco Bell menu on the daily.

The mind is weak... and the flesh is weaker still!

Nickado avacados transformation into a flesh mound continues unabated

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I'm excited for more videos but I'm not sure if Dear Evan Hansen is worth a full on Vampire Diaries deep dive. I'm also kind of worried that the space where anybody is going to care about a Dear Evan Hansen review is going to be long passed by the time she actually gets it out; I think 'new release movie review' vids kind of benefit from her older more casual style where she just talked at the camera for a while.

EDIT: Nobody in Dear Evan Hansen even wears a statement necklace.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

long live the new flesh

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SkeletonHero posted:

I didn't watch his videos but at the thumbnails alone are very sad and disturbing. Like "My life as a disabled person!" and he's sitting there with roughly a wheelbarrow's worth of Five Guy's.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 7, 2021

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

NorgLyle posted:

I'm excited for more videos but I'm not sure if Dear Evan Hansen is worth a full on Vampire Diaries deep dive.

Having seen the preview, I think we can be assured that this video wont be nearly as long as the Vampire Diaries one.

mousku
Jun 2, 2011

NorgLyle posted:

I'm also kind of worried that the space where anybody is going to care about a Dear Evan Hansen review is going to be long passed by the time she actually gets it out;
Don't underestimate the people who had to watch The Great Comet of 1812 lose to DEH at the 2017 Tony Awards. We have waited for this schadenfreude for 4 years.

It's also quite a trip to watch the opening ceremony to that particular Tony Awards with Kevin Spacey hosting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcTfhMT2_4o

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

The whole Nikocado thing is just a mess of drama and clickbait and physical/mental breakdown. I mean, regardless of how much of the stuff he posts is true (and you should probably take everything with a pinch of salt, especially his thumbnails and titles), he's doing multiple huge mukbangs every day to keep up his video schedule.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

The whole Nikocado thing is just a mess of drama and clickbait and physical/mental breakdown. I mean, regardless of how much of the stuff he posts is true (and you should probably take everything with a pinch of salt, especially his thumbnails and titles), he's doing multiple huge mukbangs every day to keep up his video schedule.

Mukbang! I love the mukbang

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
This Nikocado thing is, by far, the very worst thing this website has introduced me to.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dont know what people get out of watching others eat.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Arc Hammer posted:

I dont know what people get out of watching others eat.

A lot, if it's a restaurant you want to go to, or showcasing a local specialty.

Less so eating 10,000 calories of chain fast food you can get anywhere.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

the mukbang stuff is just sad tbh

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

if you're gonna watch someone eat something it should at least be like, a cactus or whole pineapple or something

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I love his mental, physical and moral degradation

it's... it's so shameful!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Neo_Crimson posted:

A lot, if it's a restaurant you want to go to, or showcasing a local specialty.

Less so eating 10,000 calories of chain fast food you can get anywhere.

ya there seems to be three kinda forms of it.

1) 'I went to this regional place/famous place that only exists here/a general kinda niche place you may not have around you like hotpot or whatever'

2) 'This is actually just a vlog/chat stream where I'm gonna eat a burger or something while talking'

or

3) 'Fuckin watch me experience ego death as I consume the entire Olive Garden menu the day after I ate all the hamburgers at Five Guys'

1 and 2 I get, hell I've watched plenty of 1 and I get 2 probably is fine background noise if you like the person.

3 is some grim poo poo and I kinda love it as a modern freak show but also as a modern freak show I know it's probably one of the most evil things the site hosts.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ash Crimson posted:

I love his mental, physical and moral degradation

it's... it's so shameful!!!

i feel like this is the same reasoning of people who watch snuff films op

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

i feel like this is the same reasoning of people who watch snuff films op

I don't watch snuff

I just watch nickado avocado slowly killing he self

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ash Crimson posted:

I don't watch snuff

I just watch nickado avocado slowly killing he self

long game snuff

endurance snuff

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

long game snuff

endurance snuff

in a way, aren't live streamers technically snuff

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I used to be subscribed to a youtuber who was one of the most well known "food challenge" competitors (as in the whole 'eat all of this in X time and you get a tshirt and your photo on the wall' type deal that hole in the wall joints often have), and I only watched it because it was interesting seeing all these different locations I probably will never even be in the same city as- kinda like Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, but if Guy Fieri ate like six burritos in half an hour or whatever. I stopped watching when it was really obvious that his health was taking a hit even if he took months off every now and then to focus on working out and losing weight and whatnot. Nikicado is like that but, like, the hosed up silent hill hell world version.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, I can't watch or listen to people eat. It makes me feel physically ill.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
this is an old reference but this nikocado guy reminds me of the Adepts from unknown armies and just by knowing about him i feel like I've taken several stress challenges and lost. I have never been so repulsed in my entire life. I think I'm going to start working out again. I'm pro censorship now. it hurts to know this

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I occasionally watch a Kinoshita Yuka video cause it doesn't stop being morbidly interesting to watch small Japanese girl with a mutant stomach eat her body weight in seasonal McDonalds menus.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Food travel vlogs are extremely my poo poo and I can't get enough of them, but then that's kind of a different thing. I do wonder how Mark Wiens and Mikey Chen eat so much on shoots without an awful lot of notable effect but I guess they do a lot of working out. And I do presume there's some days of travelling when they're, y'know, not shooting.

I also watch BeardMeatsFood, a competitive eater who does a lot of food challenge type stuff and also appears relatively fit. I know he shoots 2 vids a week that are some sort of challenge and then the other 5 days he eats like, 500 calories each day and works out a whole bunch...probably not the healthiest thing to do but I guess if you're going to do something like this, that's the best approach?

I think even as far as mukbangers go, Nikocado is out in the very extremes.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The only good mukbang is the one where the cheese fondue fountain goes haywire.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Food travel vlogs are extremely my poo poo and I can't get enough of them, but then that's kind of a different thing. I do wonder how Mark Wiens and Mikey Chen eat so much on shoots without an awful lot of notable effect but I guess they do a lot of working out. And I do presume there's some days of travelling when they're, y'know, not shooting.

Mike Chen works out like twice a day, everyday, and has been increasingly splitting meals with friends/his girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I get occasional recs from youtube being all 'you watch a lot of food stuff you must want to watch a guy eat a burrito the size of a human baby' and there was one that came up that was a food challenge guy who actually kinda explained how food challenges work and examples of purposely impossible scams, that was interesting. Anyone know who that is?