Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Infinitum posted:

What if Dr Strange gets fuckin' blazed

Or in other words, Dr. Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
With special guest star Frank Zappa as Dr. Strange!

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Are You Afraid Of Darkseid

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was looking up Batroc panels for the MCU TV thread and came across this

No idea of issue.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Infinitum posted:

No idea of issue.

Frank always deserves a kick in the head.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

A medical professional we can all get behind

Sensational She-Hulk #5

bessantj fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 7, 2021

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #67 (1967)

Factor-X #1 (1995)

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Darthemed posted:

Factor-X #1 (1995)
That battle-cry could use some work.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

bessantj posted:

Sensational She-Hulk #5

he's been an advocate of medicinal marijuana for decades

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bessantj posted:

Sensational She-Hulk #5

Neez nuts lmao gottem

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Infinitum posted:

No idea of issue.

I don't know the exact issue, but because comics have damaged my brain permanently I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that that is from the "Eurohit" story arc in the Punisher's mainline title back in the 90s.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Yeah, that's Doug Braithwaite on Eurohit (Punisher V2. #64-71), I love that poo poo.

https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1159999124542021637?s=20

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tarantula and Batroc is such a good pairing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Batroc, the endless jobber :allears:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/irhottakes/status/1446236284259868673?s=21

I think this is Doc Savage

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's tom strong.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Batroc, the endless jobber :allears:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Silly bear

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I read a Kapteeni Amerikka story in the back of an issue of Green Man Hulk in 1983 (I think) and it was Cap fighting Batroc and Mr Hyde on a sub or something. I remember thinking the villains were stupid as gently caress. Still do.

It was great.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Oh god, Mr. Hyde. Now there is a character that feels redundant.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
He was great in Agents of SHIELD. Did they ever end up doing anything interesting with him in the comics after his stint on the tv show?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I seem to remember a pretty long stretch in which Mister Hyde was pretty much an "oh poo poo, go get help" level supervillain. Super strong and durable and just mean as a snake. There were several pretty good stories with him in them, but the one I think everyone (rightly) remembers is the siege on Avengers Mansion.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Slashrat posted:

He was great in Agents of SHIELD. Did they ever end up doing anything interesting with him in the comics after his stint on the tv show?

I don't think so, which is a crying shame. Casting Kyle McLaughlin to chew the scenery like it's made of bubblegum, they could have done a lot with that.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That's surprising to hear, but then again I haven't followed comics regularly for a long time. To me, Hyde was a higher-powerlevel version of Batroc without nearly as much presence, and his whole schtick as "Mr. Hyde" has been done better by probably a half-dozen characters, most notably Hulk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

That's surprising to hear, but then again I haven't followed comics regularly for a long time. To me, Hyde was a higher-powerlevel version of Batroc without nearly as much presence, and his whole schtick as "Mr. Hyde" has been done better by probably a half-dozen characters, most notably Hulk.

Zorba Gorba is smarter than Banner, as he has figured out how to wear a full suit of clothes.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Defenders #49 (1977)

Ravage 2099 #5 (1993)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Slashrat posted:

I think he showed up in a comic about SHIELD with Daisy to just establish "yup this is canon in 616 too in case you were wondering" but I would hardly call that interesting.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hyde got some interesting development in I think Exiles of all things

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

TwoPair posted:

I think he showed up in a comic about SHIELD with Daisy to just establish "yup this is canon in 616 too in case you were wondering" but I would hardly call that interesting.

Pretty sure they established that right from the start with Daisy. At least from what I remember of Bendis’ Avengers. I read Secret Warriors for the first time last week, and it was kind of baffling that Hickman doesn’t remind us where any of the caterpillars got their powers besides the one who was Absorbing Man’s rape child.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Suleman posted:

Source: Are You Afraid Of Darkseid

That's Damien, right? Does he usually talk like a robot or is that bad writing? He usually strikes me as more kid-like. I mean, yeah, Batman's kid raised by assassins, but I thought he had a bit more fun from time to time.

Darthemed posted:

Factor-X #1 (1995)

FMguru posted:

That battle-cry could use some work.

If I remember 8th grade correctly that means he just smelled a fart and gets to punch the guy he thought did it.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Buddha and Jesus ride a roller coaster in Saint Young Men

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Yeah, that's Doug Braithwaite on Eurohit (Punisher V2. #64-71), I love that poo poo.

https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status/1159999124542021637?s=20

I went and checked out that arc - the Batroc / Tarantula fight is fantastic, though both seem out of place in a Punisher story.

Annoyingly though, about half the characters get shot (gasp) but then get up and comment how great Kevlar is. It felt a bit like the DBZ dubs explaining that the helicopters were actually drones or that the exploded city had been conveniently evacuated.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CzarChasm posted:

That's Damien, right? Does he usually talk like a robot or is that bad writing? He usually strikes me as more kid-like. I mean, yeah, Batman's kid raised by assassins, but I thought he had a bit more fun from time to time.

Damien's always been, I guess the closest word would be "precocious."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

L <- R

The Reincarnated Inferior Magic Swordsman - Chapter 43

IYKK
Mar 13, 2006

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I read a Kapteeni Amerikka story in the back of an issue of Green Man Hulk in 1983 (I think) and it was Cap fighting Batroc and Mr Hyde on a sub or something. I remember thinking the villains were stupid as gently caress. Still do.

It was great.

I think it was a tanker.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

IYKK posted:

I think it was a tanker.

Yeah he was going to kill New York AND Captain America by crashing the tanker into New York, with Cap in between.

Batroc tried to escape in a sub. Close enough, considering it's been 38 years.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

(and conclusion)

Ghost Manor #43 (1979)

Ragman #3 (1991)

Ravage 2099 #3 (1993)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Never drink bone hurting juice.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Which is Alan Moore doing Doc Savage, so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kennel posted:

Never drink bone hurting juice.

You're not my real dad.