Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey, if I get Necromantic Aegis, am I correct that passives like "you block more" aren't going to be applied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

docbeard posted:

I'm curious what they're going to give Trickster in place of Ghost Dance.

I had always thought of Dodge as something you had in addition to Evasion, not instead of it, that the reasoning was that it was much more likely that one or the other would kick in even if the other didn't.

Ghost dance on the tree + potentially good new defense node on ascendency + overall ele DoT buff

:spooky: Its Trickster Treat league folks :spooky:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hey, if I get Necromantic Aegis, am I correct that passives like "you block more" aren't going to be applied?

Correct. You no longer have a shield, your minions do instead, so you don't have anything to block with.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

MMF Freeway posted:

Ghost dance on the tree + potentially good new defense node on ascendency + overall ele DoT buff

Good thread title fodder right here especially if actual patch notes are cool.

I hope they have something that synergizes with harness the void in some way. Such a weird ascendency node.

Honestly the whole tree probably needs to be redesigned. It was always ghost dance plus something else, you almost never saw a trickster not get ghost dance.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:rip: I’m gonna miss necrominioncon but maybe their successors will be less poo poo

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

MMF Freeway posted:

:amen:

Best thread title candidate I’ve seen

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Traxis posted:

D2 also has variable stats independent of quality. Two 'normal' pieces of armor with the same base type can have different amounts of base defense.

i thought only "cracked" items have a lower base value which is why you never pick them up

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Truga posted:

i thought only "cracked" items have a lower base value which is why you never pick them up

I want to say they also have hosed up durability.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Truga posted:

There are different values on every piece of armor, but they're all so tiny that they don't matter outside maybe insane people who look for perfect base rolls on top of perfect mods.

As an example Ancient Armor rolls between 208 and 233 armor. An item with 400% increased armor makes that 832 to 932, but once you've fully geared up and stacked your armor total into the thousands losing out on 100 points literally doesn't make a difference.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

MMF Freeway posted:

Trickster cold dot again lets goo!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I don't see how the random extra 20% quality roll will impact itemization that much. I suppose it'll create more of a spread in the apparent value of high end bases, but for cheap bases it'll just mean people will only craft the high quality ones, especially for ES. I really doubt anyone is going to go for a second-best-but 20% base.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Any guesses on the elemental ailment / equilibrium / overload stuff today?

My guess - equilibrium is either gone OR ailments no longer take exposure into effect. This would make it still cool for minion builds, and wild strike / elemental hit, as well as still being an annoying map mod.

And the buff - ailments now benefit from penetration.

As for overload, I have no idea. Maybe a straight numbers nerf, or change it to recently instead of 8 seconds.

Edit: oh poo poo I missed it, did they say anything about changing the elusive buff?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My dream this morning was that they would add functions to each ailment
Ignite - now has a native explode if the enemy dies from ignite
Poison - now natively proliferates from dead corpses killed by poison
Cold- natively chills enemies around corpses killed by cold dots
Lighting - uh ..
bleed - could not think of something for bleed

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

External Organs posted:

Edit: oh poo poo I missed it, did they say anything about changing the elusive buff?

I didn't see anything (about phasing either) though I could well have missed it, but I'd guess they're changed to boost evasion or something too. Or maybe they just do spell dodge now but I think I read they want the Acrobatics keystone to be the only source of that.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

External Organs posted:

Any guesses on the elemental ailment / equilibrium / overload stuff today?

My guess - equilibrium is either gone OR ailments no longer take exposure into effect. This would make it still cool for minion builds, and wild strike / elemental hit, as well as still being an annoying map mod.

And the buff - ailments now benefit from penetration.

As for overload, I have no idea. Maybe a straight numbers nerf, or change it to recently instead of 8 seconds.

Really hope they remove the crit upkeep requirement from EO, it's very annoying with the new controlled destruction.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

euphronius posted:

Lighting - uh ..

Creates a shocked ground zone, lowers lightning resistance, random stun?

Bleed isn't especially something that effects others.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

euphronius posted:

My dream this morning was that they would add functions to each ailment
Ignite - now has a native explode if the enemy dies from ignite
Poison - now natively proliferates from dead corpses killed by poison
Cold- natively chills enemies around corpses killed by cold dots
Lighting - uh ..

This would rule.

Lightning - chance to arc to nearby enemy, dealing a % of damage
Bleed - now has an innate but small chance to make nearby monsters flee, who would of course get them moving.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

euphronius posted:

bleed - nearby monsters slip an flip over on spilled blood making "oink" sounds

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

External Organs posted:

docbeard posted:

I didn't see anything (about phasing either) though I could well have missed it, but I'd guess they're changed to boost evasion or something too. Or maybe they just do spell dodge now but I think I read they want the Acrobatics keystone to be the only source of that.

You both missed it in the evasion details:

quote:

Change Elusive to provide 15% chance to Avoid Damage from Hits, instead of it's old Dodge-related stats.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Interesting. That sounds separate from evasion entirely? That might rule.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sounds like that works for spell hits too

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah so far this sounds like big big bane occultist buffs, especially if you go low life and toss on purity, Holy Moly.

How far can cane of unraveling take bane occ?

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

I would hope that any changes to EO only make it more accessible. Cold dot and ignite builds shouldn't have to use storm brand as a maintenance buff to keep it active. With regards to EE, it really sucks having all your ele dot damage balanced around the use of EE, which then has anti synergy for your skills while mapping. I would hope and expect that the manifesto today is going to address those two core issues. I hope that they buff the base damage of ignite and cold dot and nerf EE as its absurdly powerful for support and minion builds. They have said that they want to nerf EE in the past for that reason, so it makes sense alongside the support rework.

I would love to play an ignite build again, the archtype got absolutely wrecked by the cluster nerfs.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Captain Foo posted:

Sounds like that works for spell hits too

It's damage avoidance, it's all hits.
Not DoTs though.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I'm guessing the change to EE and EO is they benefit only hits.

Elusive is worse because it went from stacking with a lot to stacking with not much. Going from 0 to 15% avoidance is much worse than going from 40 to 55% or 60 to 75% which is often what Elusive did for dodge and spell dodge.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

I'm guessing the change to EE and EO is they benefit only hits.

Elusive is worse because it went from stacking with a lot to stacking with not much. Going from 0 to 15% avoidance is much worse than going from 40 to 55% or 60 to 75% which is often what Elusive did for dodge and spell dodge.

It's true, but it's just useful to know that you do have something else that stacks with evasion. Nightblade plus the nodes on the passive tree bring it up to 27.5% avoidance. More with assassin. But elusive also fades until it refreshes.

Nightblade is super good imo.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
More than one streamer has brought up concerns around the changes to evasion builds. Tarkecat and Fyregrass both made videos bringing it up. I usually don't play many dodge/evasion characters but I hope it really doesn't kill evasion builds for the upcoming league.

Hamelekim fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 7, 2021

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

queeb posted:

Yeah so far this sounds like big big bane occultist buffs, especially if you go low life and toss on purity, Holy Moly.

How far can cane of unraveling take bane occ?

I took cane through to T16 red maps and A4 sirius before I stopped playing. It won't kill as fast as a +5 staff, but it's still not a horrible clear rate.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So whats the bet of the day? The aura mannifesto says that aura stackers are fine?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Tenzarin posted:

So whats the bet of the day? The aura mannifesto says that aura stackers are fine?

Elemental dot builds are going to be the new meta. Elementalist is going to replace Ranger.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Auras getting nerfed across the boards, but in such a way that the builds that exclusively gear and skill towards them only loose a little bit of top end.

Normal builds will be disincentivezed to run multiple auras, the freed up unreserved mana allows GGG to renerf the unnerfed manachanges.

(it won't matter anyway)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good I haven’t played an elementalist for months !!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
My wild prediction: actual auras (not general reservation skills) are going to have a default limit of 1 with options added to increase it like curses. Big time investment needed to run more than like 3-4. Vitality/precision/clarity either get exempted or changed to not be auras.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Players will have to cast their auras on their party members for it to take effect. Auras on other players will have a base duration of 4 seconds

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
All sources of increased aura effect only apply to you.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Auras now cause your character to chant off key. Multiple auras stack this effect. This chanting ignores your computers sound setting.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

My wild prediction: actual auras (not general reservation skills) are going to have a default limit of 1 with options added to increase it like curses. Big time investment needed to run more than like 3-4. Vitality/precision/clarity either get exempted or changed to not be auras.

Much like curses got split into curses and hexes, auras get split into auras and "spirits".

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

qnqnx posted:

Much like curses got split into curses and hexes, auras get split into auras and "spirits".

After playing D2R, Chris Wilson decides that auras are now all like the druid spirits and can be easily killed and make projectiles chain to kill you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Auras have been split into auras for you “youras” and auras for your party members “broras”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Aura gems removed from game and replaced with keystones scattered around the passive tree. Auras are now called inspirations and only affect yourself. Necromancer ascendency will be given a new ability where inspirations can be shared with summons.