Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nobody should give any care to what users of ResetEra or GAF think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I sometimes look at that site for sales listings and laugh at the posters while I'm there but

who cares dude

the only "relevance" gaf/era ever had was devs posting there bc the creep admin put in an email gate and a lot of those got driven out for crimes like "localizing senkags"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

kirbysuperstar posted:

i remember when sakurai posted a pic of the day and they immediatly accused sakurai of being a racist because they thought he was deliberately referencing the birmingham campaign, rather than unfortunate ignorance

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On the subject of Dragon Quest, is the Legend of Dai manga/currently running anime any good?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Willo567 posted:

i remember when sakurai posted a pic of the day and they immediatly accused sakurai of being a racist because they thought he was deliberately referencing the birmingham campaign, rather than unfortunate ignorance

kirbysuperstar posted:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Willo567 posted:

I can't wait for Resetera to try and take down every single Japanese composer/game director who pays condolences to Sugiyama (for the record I think Sugiyama is a vile piece of poo poo and I don't mourn him at all, but I can't deny that his music is legendary and influenced many Japanese composers)

ok lol, lifehack: you don't need to make up people to get mad at

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

On the subject of Dragon Quest, is the Legend of Dai manga/currently running anime any good?

Yes. I haven't seen the new anime but the manga is a classic battle shonen that's far more influential on the genre than a lot of people talk about. I've only heard really good things about the new anime, the old anime has really limited animation and whack pacing since it was made in the 80s, and ends at the halfway point.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

god i fuckin love naan bread holy poo poo

Man I haven't had North Indian in a long time.

Larryb posted:

I heard it was pretty good, but that's a second-hand opinion from me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also even putting aside Sugiyama being human garbage, he's been phoning it in for a decade at least and I don't think Dragon Quest is a series known for its music outside the main theme

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

willo if a forum sucks and makes you mad you dont have to think about it everytime anything happens that they might discuss

also that giant rant seems stupid and 'anti-blackness' is kinda pushing it but idk it is kinda worth noting that smash doesnt have a single black person in it. its more a reflection of the game industry than smash itself but its a reasonable thing to point out. its hardly the most ridiculous post ive seen on resetera even if they made the longest post on the internet about it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Yes. I haven't seen the new anime but the manga is a classic battle shonen that's far more influential on the genre than a lot of people talk about. I've only heard really good things about the new anime, the old anime has really limited animation and whack pacing since it was made in the 80s, and ends at the halfway point.

So in terms of the anime I assume it’s not worth checking out the first attempt and instead just diving straight into the new one then?

Also is it an original story or is it based on one of the games (and if the former do any familiar faces show up regardless)?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that said loling at their ideas for black characters in smash being doc louis and an apex legends character

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Larryb posted:

So in terms of the anime I assume it’s not worth checking out the first attempt and instead just diving straight into the new one then?

Also is it an original story or is it based on one of the games (and if the former do any familiar faces show up regardless)?

Yeah, I'd watch the original. It's a completely original story. It features a lot of the monsters from the game though!

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

that said loling at their ideas for black characters in smash being doc louis and an apex legends character

rodin from bayonetta should be made playable. also isn't master chief black as well?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also even putting aside Sugiyama being human garbage, he's been phoning it in for a decade at least and I don't think Dragon Quest is a series known for its music outside the main theme

The first 5 games have all timer soundtracks imo. 6-8 have some really good tracks as well. After that he totally phoned it in and hit random keys on a casio to make battle music

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

rodin from bayonetta should be made playable. also isn't master chief black as well?

nah hes white

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The first 5 games have all timer soundtracks imo. 6-8 have some really good tracks as well. After that he totally phoned it in and hit random keys on a casio to make battle music

Also he abused his copyright over the music in a way that actively harmed the games, as the main reason a lot of them had midi soundtracks was so he could make extra bank on orchestral performances and albums.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and the reason he wanted to make more bank on orchestra and albums is so he could funnel the money into rightwing politics

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the old dai anime still has some sick bits they stand out partially because the new one is a bit goofy with its computer effects in those same parts

but overall i find the new one charming even when it stumbles like that, and it otherwise has nailed every emotional beat you'd want out of a classic shonen like that. and i'm still like 30 episodes behind lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

and the reason he wanted to make more bank on orchestra and albums is so he could funnel the money into rightwing politics

I'm glad I could do my part by pirating and enjoying his music :patriot:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

nah hes white

oh, for some reason i thought he was black.

also they're right there's a lack of black characters, but the villager and inkinling at least give you a black skin to play as for the male and female variants. ganon is also very darked skin, though i wouldn't call him black.

i still want to see rodin playable though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The whole diversity complaint is just their cover for the fact they want Twintelle's fat rear end in the game for lasvicious purposes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

minmin is the first chinese smash character but resetera thinks asians are white

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

minmin is the first chinese smash character but resetera thinks asians are white

I'm WHAT

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sorry

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

willo if a forum sucks and makes you mad you dont have to think about it everytime anything happens that they might discuss

Staring at qcs, anxiously

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Staring at qcs, anxiously
a qcs thread about resetera would be a new direction

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sa should ban resetera

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you can get barret's outfit as mii fighter dlc

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I kinda thought Little Mac was Hispanic for some reason

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

im sorry what

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

discussion of representation in video games often results in asian characters being ignored because they are light skinned

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Reset my rear end

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

namtab rear end now a flat surface once more

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i blame "im white"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aurora posted:

namtab rear end now a flat surface once more

One step closer to 2d perfection

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i do my part to help support and uplift POC voices by playing jrpgs and reading manga

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dongicus posted:

i do my part to help support and uplift POC voices by playing jrpgs and reading manga

thank you, proud warrior

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

GorfZaplen posted:

The whole diversity complaint is just their cover for the fact they want Twintelle's fat rear end in the game for lasvicious purposes.

i also want that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Violet_Sky posted:

I kinda thought Little Mac was Hispanic for some reason

He's Italian-American, as opposed to Mario, who is Italian-Mushroom.