Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Far Cry 5 was fun to run around in and play redneck. The trick to having a good time with that one was to completely ignore any whiff of plot and just go fishing or barnstorming through canyons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
it was a great game to burn time but that's about it

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Any reviews saying which is better, Xbox one x or PS4 for the new far cry? Thinking of buying it but don't wanna get a sloggy mess.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they’re both gonna be 30fps last gen so might as well get the one with better res (One X)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Yea it’ll likely suck rear end on both

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

American McGay posted:

HumbleGames has been putting a ton of their stuff on GP lately but I think most of it has been day one.

That's also why I'm holding off on Death's Door because that screams Game Pass in 6 months.

Humble Games already seemed to have a deal with MS, but MS officially announced at Gamescom that their entire upcoming lineup would be on GP day one.

And yeah, it’s pretty safe to say that Death’s Door is coming sooner or later.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its annoying how frequently you hit A on this thing and it makes a sound and nothing happens. swear it almost takes 4-6 pushes for any of the games with gold to ever register

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Blue Raider posted:

Far Cry 5 was fun to run around in and play redneck. The trick to having a good time with that one was to completely ignore any whiff of plot and just go fishing or barnstorming through canyons.

This is the only way to play all open world games imo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It is literally impossible to ignore the plot in FC5, which is why everybody hated the capture scenes. Worse still, progressing through the game would close off some of the missions and there was nothing you could do to stop it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Far cry 5 was the most I've been disappointed in a game I've paid under 10 dollars for. It's trash

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

So the battlefield beta is a "few months old" build and so was Halo Infinites.

There is a rather stark difference between how finished both games coming out in a month feel.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

I remember playing I think FC4 and thinking oh wow this does a lot of things that MGS5 did better

But we also never got another MgS5

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Laserface posted:

So the battlefield beta is a "few months old" build and so was Halo Infinites.

There is a rather stark difference between how finished both games coming out in a month feel.

I liked the Halo beta but didn’t play the Battlefield one. Thought it was well-received; what’s wrong with it?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

I liked the Halo beta but didn’t play the Battlefield one. Thought it was well-received; what’s wrong with it?

You'll be able to play it this weekend when the beta is open for all so try it out I guess

It's just extremely unfinished even for something 2 months old.

they rebooted halos development and it still felt way more finished than 2042 does.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Didn't play Halo but I'm having all sorts of issues with the BF2042 beta on PC. Not unusual for DICE, of course...

boz
Oct 16, 2005

ErrEff posted:

Didn't play Halo but I'm having all sorts of issues with the BF2042 beta on PC. Not unusual for DICE, of course...

Same story on PS5, random stuff keeps breaking

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

Oh man it looks so rough. Like tbh it doesn't look massively better than BF4 in my eyes. The animations are also soooo bad compared to MW

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MW2019 is the benchmark for modern shooters in terms of feel. Battlefield has no feedback at all.

I know it's a beta but lol if they think that this particular "months old" build is going to be even ready in a months time.

It's dazzlingly dull to play in comparison to Halo infinite.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Why is my AC Valhalla saying that it's updating 0MB of 112.92GB. Did my xbox uninstall the game? It's now installing from scratch again.

I think a new patch got pushed out that replaces the whole game because Xbox is bad at patching.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

Jank, as is tradition

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Well that's a bummer. I was kind of optimistic they were going pull this one off.

edit: i guess who really cares though, Halo is gonna rock

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
The new controller that the Xbox Twitter account teased last night got put up early by Best Buy Canada.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1446101914077175816?s=21

I'm a sucker for clear plastic controllers, so I like it a lot.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Zerot posted:

The new controller that the Xbox Twitter account teased last night got put up early by Best Buy Canada.

This is hot

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

It is literally impossible to ignore the plot in FC5, which is why everybody hated the capture scenes. Worse still, progressing through the game would close off some of the missions and there was nothing you could do to stop it.

I had a very love/hate relationship with FC5. Loved running around with the bear or mountain Lion murdering cultists and having a great time.

Then the story would rear it's stupid head and whoops, here's the exact same escape sequence over and over again that sucks and also you get to do it again when you don't finish it fast enough.

And then the end happened and I laughed and told Far Cry it could go gently caress itself.

I'll grab 6 on discount like I did 5.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

kri kri posted:

This is hot

Yeah, I like it a lot.

It has been officially announced, too:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1446113209862160388?s=21

I think the only new piece of information is that the controller will unlock a new anniversary dynamic background on Xbox Series consoles.

There's also a wired headset with a similar translucent design.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Make the goddamn back paddles standard now that that patent company lost to Valve

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

Make the goddamn back paddles standard now that that patent company lost to Valve

I couldn't believe they weren't standard this gen, especially after Sony went to the trouble of releasing that peripheral for the DS4 in like 2019. I assumed they'd done it so that because the PS5 would have them as standard and they wanted to set it up for back compat reasons. Then I read about the court case. So annoying!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

Well that's a bummer. I was kind of optimistic they were going pull this one off.

edit: i guess who really cares though, Halo is gonna rock

They may yet. BF betas seems to be completely divorced from where the final game ends up when it comes to quality.

BF2042 is shaping up to be head and shoulders better than BFV fwiw. I’m just stoked to have a shooter to play that isn’t a boring rear end battle royale.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I couldn't believe they weren't standard this gen, especially after Sony went to the trouble of releasing that peripheral for the DS4 in like 2019. I assumed they'd done it so that because the PS5 would have them as standard and they wanted to set it up for back compat reasons. Then I read about the court case. So annoying!

Also when third party controllers like the 8bitdo Pro 2 are coming out with paddles.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m considering pulling the trigger on a Scuf controller because my first gen Elite is losing the rubber on one side, but it costs half as much as a console.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

kri kri posted:

add me if you want: kri kri1236

Is that on Xbox?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Is that on Xbox?

Yep

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I keep getting Xbox notifications from last night throughout today stating that I can redeem my Microsoft rewards for five dollars in Xbox gift cards. That’s cool and wonderful, but I already did last night, and I don’t have any extra points and these things keep popping up and now my achievement notifications aren’t popping up anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: so I’ve tried turning the notifications off entirely for the rewards app, but the achievement notifications was already set for being on so I tried flipping it on and off.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 7, 2021

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The basic problem of open world games is that they seem to all be designed by people who think "this is a cool and unique moment, we should have twenty of them".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

The basic problem of open world games is that they seem to all be designed by people who think "this is a cool and unique moment, we should have twenty of them".

the bigger problem is ubisoft make them and they're full of perverts

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I keep getting Xbox notifications from last night throughout today stating that I can redeem my Microsoft rewards for five dollars in Xbox gift cards. That’s cool and wonderful, but I already did last night, and I don’t have any extra points and these things keep popping up and now my achievement notifications aren’t popping up anymore. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: so I’ve tried turning the notifications off entirely for the rewards app, but the achievement notifications was already set for being on so I tried flipping it on and off.

I got the same thing. I think they must be having some kind of problem.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Zerot posted:

God drat it Microsoft, that controller is pretty as hell. I do not need it, I have enough controllers as it is.

god drat it I'm probably going to get stoned as hell and order that stupid thing

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Port Royale 4 is free to play on Gold for now. Same game as Port Royale 3 but it seems bigger and the mechanics and interface seem much improved, I may just buy it now that it's on sale.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just noticed Murder House is up for preorder on the Xbox store. SWEET! Puppet Combo games are getting console ports. I hope most people don't mistake this for shovelware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TrueAchievement/status/1446158131692777479

quote:

Looking back through our store data, we saw seven OG Xbox games added to the new Microsoft Store from the old Xbox 360 store in September, all with a strange November 30th release date. These titles include one of the best-received original Xbox launch titles Dead or Alive 3 (which would tie in nicely with the Xbox 20th anniversary celebrations if it does get added to the program), Dead or Alive Ultimate, Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, Gladius, Gunvalkyrie, Advent Rising, and bizarrely, Chicken Little

Been waiting for more of these. Surprised they didn't use it to fill slow news week gaps over the past year or whatever. Open the drat floodgates. I want every game available on this thing.