Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

huh i didn't realise tetris effect is dropping on the same day as the switch oled

it'll probably look fantastic on that screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glZpE3Gib1w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

My Target says I'm getting it tomorrow probably.

It's in the us postal service hands unfortunately so who knows, but tracking says it is at the post office of the next city over(we are basically one city, we're just the college part that is Incorporated as a different city)

I'm excited you're getting yours! On the plus side, I got my 512GB SD card just now, so I am going to throw that into my current Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My Amazon order says my OLED is arriving tomorrow by 10pm. So hopefully a few hours before. Gonna have to run to Best Buy sometime tomorrow to pick up my Metroid Dread CE. And then do the system transfer. Someone a couple weeks ago here said you don't need both Switches to export your AC island but when I tried yesterday it wanted the receiving Switch on at the same time. I'll have to check it again to see if I did anything wrong.

As for people with Target orders, it's possible it'll arrive tomorrow. My launch day PS5 from Target arrived on launch day. Granted, this is a much less hyped launch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

My SWOLED shipped from Target through FedEx. Says it should be here tomorrow. Aww poo poo, let's go.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Sorry, screenshot got cut off

Aw man now I gotta figure out what I could play this weekend instead of Gang Beasts!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
10 minutes into Disney+ and chill and he gives you that gawrsh look

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://nintendoeverything.com/composer-for-the-dragon-quest-series-koichi-sugiyama-has-passed-away/
Great news!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it warms my heart to see so many people happy that old gently caress finally pissed off

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

weird post

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Joker_here_we_go.gif

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's very important to defend the sanctity of man who made videogame music. please don't look at this closet packed to the brim with skeletons. just listen to song

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Koichi Sugiyama made really good music for video games, but he also had abhorrent political and social views.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

I'm sorry anybody died but he singlehandedly ruined DQ11 for me with his atrociously bombastic, horn-filled score for a fantasy game.
Maybe they'll go with a less tone-deaf moron to score the next game.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bad news!

He still did score for next one!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Lol this is just the start of the postgame

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

GreatGreen posted:

My day just got so much better.

I'm sorry anybody died but he singlehandedly ruined DQ11 for me and this could mean they might go with a less completely tone-deaf moron to score the next game.

technically it matters more that he was an insanely racist/sexist/homophobic ultranationalist who denied that the holocaust and nanjing massacres happened, said that the korean women kept as sex slaves by the japanese empire actually were prostitutes who enjoyed it, and that women are strictly inferior to men while also being outright gleeful that lgbtq suicide rates were climbing and said that kids shouldn't be taught about it at all because lgbtq people don't produce children

i'm not sorry he died and thankfully his grave can now become a gender neutral bathroom

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I said come in! posted:

Koichi Sugiyama made really good music for video games, but he also had abhorrent political and social views.

He hadn't made good video game music for about 2 decades except by accident.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Yeah he mad esome music but gently caress that guy and the world is better that he's dead

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GreatGreen posted:

I'm sorry anybody died but he singlehandedly ruined DQ11 for me with his atrociously bombastic, horn-filled score for a fantasy game.
Maybe they'll go with a less tone-deaf moron to score the next game.
You should quit being a baby and play one of the greatest games ever made just because the music was kind of annoying.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Other than the DQ main theme I can't really think of any tracks that really stuck in my mind the way a Uematsu score does, and I've played every DQ game except 10.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DQ11 is ok

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah it's hardly the best, which is still 5

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I would never call a DQ game the best at anything.

They are the definition of fine

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The PS2 one and 11 on switch are both graphically amazing.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Yeah 11 was the best looking cel shaded style game ever until Tales of Arise came out

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I said come in! posted:

thanks for explaining. this might sound sarcastic - it's not. i don't know anything about that guy and initially i thought people were happy cause they didnt like the music he made (i seem to remember people saying dragon quest music was bad and repetetive or something). tbh i thought saying you were happy cause a bad musician died was kinda hosed up. probably not hosed up enough for me to post about bc it wouldve certainly been shitposting and not sincere belief, but still, this recontextualizes the post and i appreciate it

Johnny Joestar posted:

technically it matters more that he was an insanely racist/sexist/homophobic ultranationalist who denied that the holocaust and nanjing massacres happened, said that the korean women kept as sex slaves by the japanese empire actually were prostitutes who enjoyed it, and that women are strictly inferior to men while also being outright gleeful that lgbtq suicide rates were climbing and said that kids shouldn't be taught about it at all because lgbtq people don't produce children

holy poo poo

The Postman
May 12, 2007

oh boy i was wondering when the news would hit the thread

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dang, this is so sudden. I know I'm going to miss this man :(

Edit: I'm now hearing comments, stating that he...wasn't the best person. I wasn't aware of that myself and if those were true, I'd be surprised. That said, I still think his huge involvement with the Dragon Quest series in the soundtrack department more than makes him worthy and makes up for his toxic side, therefore he deserves a peaceful tribute to his leaving.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

people wanna complain about "cancel culture" or wtfever but i am happy that people like that have a hard time getting high-profile work in the united states*

*other than political office i guess :(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Edit: I'm now hearing comments, stating that he...wasn't the best person. I wasn't aware of that myself and if those were true, I'd be surprised. That said, I still think his huge involvement with the Dragon Quest series in the soundtrack department more than makes him worthy and makes up for his toxic side, therefore he deserves a peaceful tribute to his leaving.

:golfclap:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Why would you be suprised? He didn’t hide it. He was pretty open about this stuff

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
he may have been a Holocaust denier but hey, he made some catchy tunes so it’s a wash

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Achmed Jones posted:

people wanna complain about "cancel culture" or wtfever but i am happy that people like that have a hard time getting high-profile work in the united states*

*other than political office i guess :(

The only people who complain a out cancel culture are those who know that the things they say or do are garbage.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Y'all gotta stop falling for the most obvious bait of all time and just appreciate the craft of a really good fakepost.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

On on hand made ok music on the other an outspoken bigot monster let's not call it even

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

yikes, unfollowing now. had no idea he made such repetitive and cloying music

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Star posted:

he may have been a Holocaust denier but hey, he made some catchy tunes so it’s a wash

wow what an awful thing to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(everyone should respond to star's facetiouspost instead of the troll imo)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why would you be suprised? He didn’t hide it. He was pretty open about this stuff

it's a repost of a comment on the article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Achmed Jones posted:

wow what an awful thing to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(everyone should respond to star's facetiouspost instead of the troll imo)
finally my time to shine