Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

Auras have been split into auras for you “youras” and auras for your party members “broras”

broras before horas I always say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Why are y'all still doomsaying? It made sense as a coping mechanism when you were worried but now it's just making poo poo up to get mad about before GGG does what they said they would.

Hamelekim posted:

More than one streamer has brought up concerns around the changes to evasion builds. Tarkecat and Fyregrass both made videos bringing it up. I usually don't play many dodge/evasion characters but I hope it really doesn't kill evasion builds for the upcoming league.

My guess is that pure evasion + suppression characters aren't defensive enough, but you can do eva hybrids with armor/block/es now and be fine. It's probably a bit more investment than dodge was for most characters. Raider doesn't get to be ridiculously tanky for cheap.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think they are just jokes

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

euphronius posted:

Auras have been split into auras for you “youras” and auras for your party members “broras”

hey dude, broras before rhoas am i right?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

euphronius posted:

I think they are just jokes

Are you telling me next league won't have poison stick?!?!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Solution: auras now have a decaying duration which is reset on killing an enemy or hitting a rare or unique. We are introducing a new support gem, Death Focus, which decreases this duration further but provides significantly increased aura effect, depending on the strength of your hits.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

Auras now cause your character to chant off key. Multiple auras stack this effect. This chanting ignores your computers sound setting.

Footage of 3.16 aurastack chanter leaked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBVPSsFCUc&t=68s

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
So I've never used an aurabot before and would love an explanation how they are set up from a technical perspective. Is it people running two instances of the game from one PC? Two PCs? Is the aurabot controlled via software to auto follow you? Is someone alt tabbing between games to keep the characters together? Or is it something simple like a group of friends where someone draws the short straw and has to be the aurabot for the season?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s for groups of real people

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

poemdexter posted:

Or is it something simple like a group of friends where someone draws the short straw and has to be the aurabot for the season?

some sickos like chris wilson enjoy it

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Jazerus posted:

isnt it like jonathan or rory or something that plays one every league

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Jazerus posted:

Wasn't Neon the aurabot liker?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My wild rear end guess is a big numerical nerf for Elemental Overload and Elemental Equlibrium changed to apply exposure instead of lowering resistances

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

If Elemental Overload gets nerfed hard then, what tools remain for non-crit elemental builds?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well they are I guess adding back in the damage somewhere else

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

I'm imagining that, since they labeled this as Elemental Damage over Time, considering their current buff-focused mindset for this patch cycle that we're going to see a lot of buffs to the DoT skills that aren't doing so well, such as scorching ray, searing bond, siphoning trap, and righteous fire. On top, of course, of pretty much every DoT skill getting a blanket 40-50% more damage to make up for EE dying.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

poemdexter posted:

So I've never used an aurabot before and would love an explanation how they are set up from a technical perspective. Is it people running two instances of the game from one PC? Two PCs? Is the aurabot controlled via software to auto follow you? Is someone alt tabbing between games to keep the characters together? Or is it something simple like a group of friends where someone draws the short straw and has to be the aurabot for the season?

euphronius posted:

It’s for groups of real people

This + you can go really crazy and also have a cursebot as well. Temp Chains + Enfeeble + offensive curse of choice filling the whole screen trivializes things even more.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

poemdexter posted:

Or is it something simple like a group of friends where someone draws the short straw and has to be the aurabot for the season?

99% of the time it is this; there's some people who like support classes where they have to just keep near the damage dealers and are usually relegated to picking up loot.

1% of the time there are insane people who play multiple accounts at the same time. If you aren't duplicating the commands sent to the server you technically aren't breaking TOS (i.e. you can't do one mouse click and have it go to two PCs, but having one key go to one PC and one to another and mashing them at the same time is ok). The challenge then is keeping the characters from getting separated since they will instantly die if they aren't covering each other with all the combined auras, but there's some tricks such as Kaom's Roots (makes sure none of the characters are chilled/frozen/stunned) and setting up permanent Phase Run on LMB.

If you go that route you'll take 3 times as long to make it through the campaign, but eventually you can just AFK inside T16 delirious Rituals and facetank Maven memory games because everyone has 8000 ES, 90/90/90/100 res, 80% flat phys reduction, 25%/sec regen, crit/ailment immunity and 200k armour applied to elemental hits. You will still go much much farther with a single character if you are good, and you will go farther still if you can just get an aura player to accompany you, but in leagues like Ultimatum where each character got their own exalts from the league mechanic, that stuff was lucrative.

edit: I think people get confused because the name "aurabot" inherently suggests automation when there never was any, no idea what dummy cooked that up

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 7, 2021

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Yeah I saw "bot" in the name and assumed some borderline TOS breaking shenanigans.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes this game has lingo problems from its “fans” on Reddit criticizing it

You hear something on Reddit like “aurabots are breaking the game !!” And it turns out that they aren’t bots and the game isn’t broken (but there is a kernel of validity to the complaint I guess )

You have to be up on you’re lingo

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
The changes make me interested in trying both pure armor stacking and evasion/ES as defense.

I like the idea of easier access to more max ele res from armor area of the tree for instance, and w/the changes ES seems like it would mesh really well with evasion to help soak the larger hits. (maybe even evasion/CI? dunno)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

euphronius posted:

Yes this game has lingo problems from its “fans” on Reddit criticizing it

You hear something on Reddit like “aurabots are breaking the game !!” And it turns out that they aren’t bots and the game isn’t broken (but there is a kernel of validity to the complaint I guess )

You have to be up on you’re lingo

Look at the alt qualities on auras and tell me everything is fine and dandy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I said there was validity to some of it just not in the way the lingo portrays it. The poster above was explicitly confused by the lingo which proves my point qed

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Problem:

Aurastacking is fine
Aurabot is not

Solution:

REMOVE PARTYING

aurastack=100%, duo=83%, 3xppl = 66.6%, 4xppl = 50, 5x = 33.3%, 6x = 16.6% of aura strength
not applied to minions or allies, only party members
there, empy nerfed
this is my opinion

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah I, too, tried to google "aura minion build", saw what I thought were literal multi box builds, and decided no normal player uses them. Now I see I actually should check those out for ideas.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 7, 2021

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

If you are terrible at math like me and need all these changes explained to you like the idiot you are, Phreak did a video breaking down all the changes in detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adh_M0yOAqg

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Jack B Nimble posted:

Yeah I, too, tried to google "aura minion build", saw what I thought were literal multi box builds, and decided no normal player uses them. Now I see I actually should check those out for ideas.

Something like Arakali's Fang or Soulwrest give you 20+ minions with nearly permanent uptime, but they don't start off with high base damage. When you give them full cold conversion triad grips, then stack Hatred effect and added flat phys/cold damage, they can become top notch on a budget.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jack B Nimble posted:

Make an aura bot buddy character is not cheap and will be miserable if you don't have an actual group to get you through the campaign/help further your character.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Erulisse posted:

Problem:

Aurastacking is fine
Aurabot is not

Solution:

REMOVE PARTYING

aurastack=100%, duo=83%, 3xppl = 66.6%, 4xppl = 50, 5x = 33.3%, 6x = 16.6% of aura strength
there, empy nerfed
this is my opinion

Yeah, the simplest solution is to reduce the effect of auras on other party members, but as we've seen before, GGG doesn't always go with the simplest solution.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Erulisse posted:

Problem:

Aurastacking is fine
Aurabot is not

Solution:

REMOVE PARTYING

there, empy nerfed
this is my opinion

Is aurastacking fine though? Reservation reduction is kind of hosed up in how it scales.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Raider doesn't get to be ridiculously tanky for cheap.

Eh, I guess relative to other underperforming ascendancies, Raider could be classified as "ridiculously tanky", but in the context of PoE: The Game, I'd say it's "adequate".

Which is why a probable nerf is at least a little concerning. But, we obviously don't have the whole story yet

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

euphronius posted:

bleed - could not think of something for bleed

Blood sprays all over the ground, causing nearby mobs to slip and fall over while cartoon sfx play.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Eh, I guess relative to other underperforming ascendancies, Raider could be classified as "ridiculously tanky", but in the context of PoE: The Game, I'd say it's "adequate".

Which is why a probable nerf is at least a little concerning. But, we obviously don't have the whole story yet

Yeah, the main questions I have right now are 1) how easy will it be to get high levels of spell suppression? and 2) will a 50% reduction of spell damage be enough for endgame?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

search engine posted:

Blood sprays all over the ground, causing nearby mobs to slip and fall over while cartoon sfx play.

Benny Hill music or bust

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

qnqnx posted:

Much like curses got split into curses and hexes, auras get split into auras and "spirits".

Stances aren't auras

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

who knows maybe they'll do something truly weird like "increased effectiveness of auras has X% less effect on party members" so just having the auras will be a major benefit to your party members, but they get a lot less out of you making your auras beefier.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

New Aura stat: Proximity Effectiveness

The closer you are to the aura’s source, the higher the effect. Auras now also benefit enemies in range.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Traitorous Leopard posted:

New Aura stat: Proximity Effectiveness

The closer you are to the aura’s source, the higher the effect. Auras now also benefit enemies in range.

Lol I like this one. No idea how pride would work though.

Suddenly meat shield support becomes OP.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Go go go https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3185299

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Erulisse posted:

Benny Hill music or bust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te2klTPtILs&t=10s
:colbert: