Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

boofhead posted:

i assume they were talking about people reskilling as a pelican

with the way the economy is going, it's certainly worth considering

It's a living?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

boofhead posted:

i assume they were talking about people reskilling as a pelican

with the way the economy is going, it's certainly worth considering

Well if there's anything Eddie Vedder has taught me, is that it's no fun running from a pelican.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Memento posted:

Yeah the Centurion is something you should just do as the challenge that it is, as opposed to trying to fancy it up. It's eight beers in an hour and forty minutes; that's a lot of alcohol. There's always some idiot who wants to do tequila for every tenth shot or something equally stupid.
I've done the Power Hour, which is 60 shots of beer over 60 minutes. I don't know if I could have gone another 40 minutes.

chglcu posted:

15 years ago 6 beers would have been nothing. These days, if I lose track and have four glasses of wine with dinner I feel like absolute poo poo for days. World is a gently caress.
:same:

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 16:04 on Oct 7, 2021

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

She-seems-nice.gif

The offended older woman, not the champ drinking whatever that was all in one go.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

We did something like the power hour when i worked at EPCOT. We would gather weekly and get potatoed on whatever swill was left at the lovely bar we paid the owner 20 bucks a head to use, all you can drink in leftover bud light!! One shot of beer per year youve lived on your birthday, or the birthday of anyone you worked closely with. A pitcher to chug if you got fired, or quit, or finished the program, or when anyone you worked closely with was through. Anyone could make a toast at any time and you had to chug a beer. If you did aomething funny or cool you got to chug a beer as a reward. If you did something stupid or bad you had to chug a beer as punishment. I probably drank more beer that one year than the rest of my scandinavian life combined.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

biracial bear for uncut posted:

She-seems-nice.gif

The offended older woman, not the champ drinking whatever that was all in one go.

Oh sounds like someone doesn't have a girlfriend who comes home positively wrecked from brunch every Sunday

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

biracial bear for uncut posted:

She-seems-nice.gif

Pretty sure that's her mom.

Sunrise, sunset

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Mom's just jelly that daughter can house a mimosa better than her.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kiimo posted:

Oh sounds like someone doesn't have a girlfriend
:smith:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well if there's anything Eddie Vedder has taught me, is that it's no fun running from a pelican.

Violent J told me that they steal your cell phone and run away

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

These are great. Any more of them out in the ether?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ask me about the guy who decided a centurion was drinking 100 whole cans/bottles of beer in 10 hours. It went about as well as you'd expect.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

what about the guy who decided a centurion was drinking 100 whole cans/bottles of beer in 10 hours.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

jesus WEP posted:

what about the guy who decided a centurion was drinking 100 whole cans/bottles of beer in 10 hours.
It didn't go well

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

drat

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

bike tory posted:

Ask me about the guy who decided a centurion was drinking 100 whole cans/bottles of beer in 10 hours. It went about as well as you'd expect.

How far did he make it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ultrafilter posted:

How far did he make it?

About six feet under.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Andre the Giant could have tanked it

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bike tory posted:

Pffft, that's nothing. I could do a Centurion if it was 100 cans of beer in 100 hours

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Pffft, that's nothing. I could do a Centurion if it was 100 cans of beer in 100 hours

What is that though like 25 beers a day for four days straight? That's going to be a rough couple days driving to work

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
4 days of no sleep and constant drinking. Sounds like a blast

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
You can drink 8 beers in the hour before going to bed.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

How far did he make it?

he lost track

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think as long as it's 100 beers over the course of 100 hours it would be an acceptable challenge. Allow challengers to budget their own sleep.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mauser posted:

What is that though like 25 beers a day for four days straight? That's going to be a rough couple days driving to work

You just gotta add in some cocaine.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Large Testicles posted:

That's just good advice in general

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Large Testicles posted:

Cocaine is fun because it's only dangerous if you do waaaaay too much of it. You'll simply run out of money before you OD. I'm pretty sure it's the safest drug in the world.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Keith Richards once said that you only ever need to do one line at a time otherwise you're just building up tolerance and risking a future OD.

But he of course bought his coke uncut in bulk and cut it himself so he was probably getting much purer stuff than the average joe.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Rough

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Chubbs no, just leave it!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Flat gently caress Fairway

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

More like a hazard.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

thecluckmeme posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

thecluckmeme posted:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Scratch Monkey posted:

4 days of no sleep and constant drinking. Sounds like a blast

I saw that movie, Mads Mikkelsen was great.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Memento posted:

I saw that movie, Mads Mikkelsen was great.

Mads did a movie about being an ESL teacher in Asia?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cyrano4747 posted:

Mads did a movie about being an ESL teacher in Asia Denmark?

Yes, he did.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

mobby_6kl posted:

Yes, he did.

He was a kindergarten helper but yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Biplane posted:

If you did aomething funny or cool you got to chug a beer as a reward. If you did something stupid or bad you had to chug a beer as punishment

This is kind of why I stopped playing drinking games. I kept forgetting that I wasn't supposed to drink unless I stuffed up.