Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

uber_stoat posted:

haha, yeah, i've had blood taken more times than i can count, no problem, but one time i passed the gently caress out for no apparent reason and woke up to find a crowd of nurses hovering over me with one of them waving that ammonia poo poo under my nose.

Dude u got roofied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

FizFashizzle posted:

They either don’t have the people or just don’t care and they sit her in a chair all day staring at the bird enclosure and forget about her. They’re just waiting for her to die and it’s awful.

that god damned bird enclosure

what must zebra finches think of humanity?

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Delta-Wye posted:

after much study and a great amount of thinking ive realized the problem is we didn't bang enough pots and pans

IM SORRY HEROES we failed u

quote:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/frog-and-toad-tentatively-go-outside-after-months-in-self-quarantine
August 24, 2020
Frog and Toad Tentatively Go Outside After Months In Self-Quarantine
by Jennie Egerdie

7 O’Clock

Frog stood out on the front porch.

“Toad!” said Frog. “Toad! It’s almost time!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” said Toad.

Toad ran out to the porch. The clock chimed 7 o’clock.

Frog and Toad clapped their hands together.

They clapped and clapped until their palms were sore.

“Are we the only ones still doing this?” said Toad.

“I don’t know,” said Frog.

“Can they hear us?” said Toad.

“I hope so,” said Frog.

Toad reached over and squeezed Frog’s hand.

“I hope so too,” said Toad.

Weather Chopper 9
Apr 9, 2007
Your eye in the sky

uber_stoat posted:

haha, yeah, i've had blood taken more times than i can count, no problem, but one time i passed the gently caress out for no apparent reason and woke up to find a crowd of nurses hovering over me with one of them waving that ammonia poo poo under my nose.

Sounds like a vagal response, an old friend of mine.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

FizFashizzle posted:

Had a patient today. 90 years old, was independent until earlier this year when she had a bad fall. Inoperable meningioma.

She’s in some vegetable garden nursing home and all she wants to do is PT and speech therapy so she can talk on the phone. She’s not allowed visitors because of Covid and has some problems speaking from the meningioma.

They either don’t have the people or just don’t care and they sit her in a chair all day staring at the bird enclosure and forget about her. They’re just waiting for her to die and it’s awful.

:( ugh

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

quote:

(CNN)A Maryland man accused of killing his pharmacist brother, his sister-in-law and an 83-year-old woman told his mother he wanted to "confront" his brother over "him administering COVID vaccines," according to charging documents obtained from Howard County District Court.

Jeffrey Allen Burnham, 46, also allegedly told a tipster "that his brother was 'killing people with the COVID shot,'" according to the statement of charges obtained by CNN affiliate WBAL.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

it's a vasovagal response. I have a bad one when they take blood from me for labs or whatever.

last time I went all green and the nurse asked me if I felt okay and I said "sure" and she said "okay well you look like that wallpaper" and then I tried to slowly pass out. which is interesting because you're watching this happen and it all seems like you're watching a movie, you feel fine except your body is falling over.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

JAV titles.txt

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao while keeping that camera perfectly steady
edit oh its parody lol it's good edit lol

Tzen fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 7, 2021

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
something is up with russia, they are really surging again

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1446078499136151552

UK is back to rising too. it really looks like for western countries delta is just tamped down for a bit and then comes back. india luckily has managed to keep from surging beyond a few little minor spurts

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Is the current title accurate? I thought the official numbers were 400,000 under Trump, 300,000 under Biden so far.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Cabbages and Kings posted:

this was in the replies and I had to go into the person's feed to know if it was trolling (yes) or another presented-as-legit handshake video

https://twitter.com/SorryAmigos/status/1446179183542030344

Total anecdote: I know a woman who is definitely not an anti-vaxxer who was double pfizer'd as quick as she could be. She told me that shot #2 caused her to instantly lose consciousness and that she had pins and needles sensations in her feet and legs for several weeks afterwards. She's not citing this as a reason she won't get boosted, or anything, she just mentioned it in passing as something that she found somewhat concerning.

Does that sound like random bad luck? IV injection? No loving way to know? Unrelated paresthesia that emerged at the same time and is self limiting for some reason?

That's the weirdest out of any of the vaxx side effects anyone in my personal circles has had.

edit: also :rubby: as a direct result of this thread, after my flu shot when I was in the parking lot I was critiquing the nurse's needle placement. Definitely Not Too High, Correct Spot, A++ would vaxx again

lol a friend of mine got J&J early and is a young woman around my age (30s). Like 20 mins after her shot she got super light headed, had to lay down and couldnt stand up for a while. Said like 4 months later she still couldnt even go hiking or a brisk long walk but she also wont tell anyone about it because she doesnt want to discourage anyone from getting vaccinated.

Even a vague suggestion that the vaccination could have any sort of side effects gets people accused of being an anti vaxxer so people with legitimate issues and concerns feel scared of telling anyone about things that happened.

To be clear, she is insanely athletic and not unhealthy at all in any way what so ever. She's one of those weirdos who will run up a 3-4 mile mountain hike and be like LETS GO AGAIN.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Has anyone lolled yet that Pfizer asked the FDA for a peds EUA, after submitting the data two weeks ago, and the FDA was like, lol, yeah, we'll get to that in three weeks? Because I'm lolling hard.

5-11s won't be getting their first shots until Thanksgiving.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

something is up with russia, they are really surging again

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1446078499136151552

UK is back to rising too. it really looks like for western countries delta is just tamped down for a bit and then comes back. india luckily has managed to keep from surging beyond a few little minor spurts

nah they just figured out how to repress rural data more effectively

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

silicone thrills posted:

lol a friend of mine got J&J early and is a young woman around my age (30s). Like 20 mins after her shot she got super light headed, had to lay down and couldnt stand up for a while. Said like 4 months later she still couldnt even go hiking or a brisk long walk but she also wont tell anyone about it because she doesnt want to discourage anyone from getting vaccinated.

Even a vague suggestion that the vaccination could have any sort of side effects gets people accused of being an anti vaxxer so people with legitimate issues and concerns feel scared of telling anyone about things that happened.

heard of lots of people getting knocked on their rear end after the vaxx, my brother included. I got the J&J too and had literally no ill-effects that I noticed

idk :shrug: immune systems are impossibly complicated

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

https://twitter.com/kprather88/status/1446208843906629640?s=20

https://twitter.com/kprather88/status/1446217097697116172?s=20

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SchrodingersCat posted:

Has anyone lolled yet that Pfizer asked the FDA for a peds EUA, after submitting the data two weeks ago, and the FDA was like, lol, yeah, we'll get to that in three weeks? Because I'm lolling hard.

5-11s won't be getting their first shots until Thanksgiving.

There's no sense of urgency for the US federal bureaucracy

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

etalian posted:

There's no sense of urgency for the US federal bureaucracy

just wait until the sticks in the mud there start arguing about how there's no data children need the vaccine and we should debate this for more weeks

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

read it in this voice

what a poo poo show

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Beverly Hills

if they are rich enough to live there they should just hire personal bodyguards to bodyslam the chuds

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Had a patient today. 90 years old, was independent until earlier this year when she had a bad fall. Inoperable meningioma.

She’s in some vegetable garden nursing home and all she wants to do is PT and speech therapy so she can talk on the phone. She’s not allowed visitors because of Covid and has some problems speaking from the meningioma.

what do you want them to do? with the amount their paid and the staffing they have?
hire more people? build more facilities? provide a higher quality of care and life?

where do u think this is china?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

fosborb posted:

read it in this voice

what a poo poo show

somebody shop a respirator on Fozzie

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

i really thought that vaccinating 85% of olds was gonna keep mass death away and well

turns out we needed the vaccines to debut in the fall, not right as the winter wave was ending. we somehow managed to have optimum vaccination for effectiveness fading

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

i really thought that vaccinating 85% of olds was gonna keep mass death away and well

turns out we needed the vaccines to debut in the fall, not right as the winter wave was ending. we somehow managed to have optimum vaccination for effectiveness fading

Lmao for that story it was 8 months later, when that study found after 7 months a big drop happens for both antibody and T-cell counts

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mdemone posted:

it's a vasovagal response. I have a bad one when they take blood from me for labs or whatever.

last time I went all green and the nurse asked me if I felt okay and I said "sure" and she said "okay well you look like that wallpaper" and then I tried to slowly pass out. which is interesting because you're watching this happen and it all seems like you're watching a movie, you feel fine except your body is falling over.

this happened to me too

i was real embarrassed because the nurse gave me a little juice box out of their break room fridge :kiddo:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao it syncs up well
also that video/song owns

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

most exercise some of these people have gotten in years

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

mdemone posted:

so that's what it is. i always thought I just hated needles until i was stuck in hospital 5 times and got jabbed with blood thinners every 12 hours. they hurt like hell but i got used to it, and got comfortable with getting jabbed. then I had to have some blood drawn and passed out 3 times in a row. i explained it to the nurse who said it had to be physiological. i hate passing out though so that doesn't help when I start feeling like I could pass out and it's just a downward spiral.

eating properly and getting enough sleep seem to help a lot. anything that keeps your blood pressure normal as possible.

now I just ask if I can lie down, which helps a lot. most nurses appreciate since i'm usually much taller than them

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Cabbages and Kings posted:

entirely possible; I blacked out once from a Toradol IM injection, it wasn't painful or anything and I was very used to needles because I'd had regular blood draws (and shots) for ages b/c medical condition, but for whatever reason with the Toradol there was an incredible sense of pressure and the next thing I knew I was on the floor, and the kindly, large nurse who was leaning over me got parsed by my not-really-conscious brain as some kind of mythical maternal goddess figure trying to "call me back to the light"

pretty sure that's the only religious experience I've ever had in a student health clinic

Could that explain my toradol story, too? I didn't have any problems afterwards or anything, it was just surprising to go from "vertical, coherant, HAVE BACK PAIN!" to "horizontal, tripping balls, WHAT IS MY BODY AND HOW DO I FIND IT".

I am fine with needles and blood draws and IV's and all that good stuff but one time I was getting a mole removed and the doctor injected the lidocaine and turned to put the needle down and when he turned back I was on the floor. No idea why, maybe I hadn't eaten enough (and I had had moles removed in the past) but it just happened.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
look on the bright side, if everyone gets brain damage, then no one has brain damage!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

1838 cases today in Melbourne/Victoria.

3 of 6 Aussie states haven't had that many combined since day one.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The fantasy football league I've been in for like 15 years has some old guy who did nothing but complain about Covid restrictions and players missing games over it last year. Total "Covid is just a cold" guy. Got a note from our league commish that he died of Covid the other day.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Open Gladys

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

mastershakeman posted:

:rubby:

Kind of same. I'm not really used to being too optimistic.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

thrust, parry, counter thrust

or
whatever

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lol, basically nobody wore masks when I went to the packed ER for a suspected heart issue, not even around the guy on oxygen who got wheeled off to the infectious disease ward. One staff member would come in with a mask on after she'd already been in there without one and she'd take it off in the hall. Down the hall they had a room sealed off with plastic and a big isolation sign warning about droplet infection, wonder what that was about.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

SplitSoul posted:

lol, basically nobody wore masks when I went to the packed ER for a suspected heart issue, not even around the guy on oxygen who got wheeled off to the infectious disease ward. One staff member would come in with a mask on after she'd already been in there without one and she'd take it off in the hall. Down the hall they had a room sealed off with plastic and a big isolation sign warning about droplet infection, wonder what that was about.

how would a guy on oxygen also be wearing a mask

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

I saw a guy at the grocery store with a mask and he had a tube coming out from beneath it to an oxygen tank on a carrier he was rolling behind him. So I think the answer is "very carefully".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Tatsuta Age posted:

The staff didn't wear masks around the guy on oxygen.